Reading group - B3
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:03 am 

Hi All,

So, I was wanting some light entertainment last night and I thought - I'll read a D&D module. Had a look in my cupboard and decided on B3 - it's quite a famous module because of the orange version and I've never read it before.

And then I thought maybe some of you would like to read it at the same time - like people do in book reading clubs - so we can share the experience. And post comments or anything else of interest that you'd like to share.

And if we turn up anything interesting or of note it can be added to the acaeum entry.

First question I thought of was - what other modules have Jean Wells and Tom Moldvay written?

Nev

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:19 am 

Yo Nev,

questions on authors can be best researched here: 404 Not Found

Some of the entries even have additional info about the author. Great site, with Acaeum and Adrian's site, these are my three favorites for AD&D collecting.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:30 am 

Hey Foul, I've got some info about that questionable artwork #3.

I finished reading the green B3 and I've had a quick look through the Orange pdf.

In the orange, the garden is outside and there's merely a mention of a statue with no further details.

In the green, the garden is inside the palace and one of the 'solutions' to the module is to collect 2 statuettes of the dragon Ariksbane, one of which is in this garden on the pedestal near the vampire rose bush - it was probably convenient for the producers to put one of the statuettes there and modify the artwork.

(Only problem is that the proportions are *way* out. From the text you get the impression the statuettes are small things maybe a foot high at the most - the dragon in the picture doesn't look like it could even be carried!)

Nev