DragonLance DL2 and DL3
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:16 pm 

In the copy I have of DL3 - 9131- Dragons of Hope, there is enclosed a map titled "the lands of abanasynia" that has the number 9132 on it.  There is nothing else in my copy. The back cover folds in and contains character cards.  In my copy of DL2 - 9132 - Dragons of Flame, the back cover folds in and contains an Elven Mosaic area map.  This also contains the 32 page adventure.  

Questions:  Does the map with the number 9132 really go in DL2?  And, what is missing here?  Was there an adventure with DL3?

Thanks for your help!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:19 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:In the copy I have of DL3 - 9131- Dragons of Hope, there is enclosed a map titled "the lands of abanasynia" that has the number 9132 on it.  There is nothing else in my copy. The back cover folds in and contains character cards.  In my copy of DL2 - 9132 - Dragons of Flame, the back cover folds in and contains an Elven Mosaic area map.  This also contains the 32 page adventure.  

Questions:  Does the map with the number 9132 really go in DL2?  And, what is missing here?  Was there an adventure with DL3?

Thanks for your help!

See here:

viewtopic.php?t=1698&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=dl2

The map should in fact go with the DL3 and not DL2 despite the product codes seemingly indicating otherwise.   :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:24 pm 

Thanks!  Did DL3 have anything other than a wrongly numbered map? Was there an adventure as well?

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:24 pm 

Map goes with DL2. DL3 does not have a large fold out map.

Check out following link for excellent info on many TSR AD&D/D&D items:

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/

Good Luck

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:32 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:Thanks!  Did DL3 have anything other than a wrongly numbered map? Was there an adventure as well?

Oh yes, there was a 32 page module booklet that came along with it as well.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:47 pm 

(looking about for missing adventure) Thanks for the info and for the link!  Pretty pictures there!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:45 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:(looking about for missing adventure) Thanks for the info and for the link!  Pretty pictures there!

Those Dragonlance modules are tricky because it's hard to know when they are complete and you have to be careful.  Some have an un-numbered center pull-out section which oft-times get removed.  Almost all come with a tri-fold cover but many times the flap gets removed.  And finally some come with maps, some don't.  Of course 9 times out of 10 ebay sellers don't tell you or don't know these things.

I wish there was a list of modules that have un-numbered center pull-out sections.  My memory just can't handle it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:52 am 

napoleonsdad wrote:I wish there was a list of modules that have un-numbered center pull-out sections.  My memory just can't handle it.

There is a list.  :D   I made this awhile back . . . I'm sure I've posted if before . . .

I never refer to it anymore as I pretty much know them all by heart . . .

It's not complete (as you can see) , but it's a start.

http://beyondthebreach.acaeum.com/images/forums/modulemaps.htm

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:29 pm 

Thanks for the list!  That's like an early Christmas present!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:43 am 

Breach, that's awesome. I've been downloading pdfs of modules just to check if the ones I have are complete, lol. That's a lot easier ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:46 am 

Question for anyone who might know the answer to this.  Does anyone know if DDA4-The Dymrak Dread included handouts and cardboard characters as the back of the module indicated that it was supposed to?  The copy that I am currently selling doesn't have them and the staples themselves appear unmanipulated, so I don't think that they were bound in the middle.  I checked with the TSR archive and Adrian only lists a 16-page module booklet and large fold out map as being the contents of this module.  Unfortuantely, my only other copy is unopened and stored away.  So does anyone know if these items were in fact included within this module or not?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:55 am 

Well, I think that I may have answered my question this as I just decided to dig out my own shrinked copy and there us not anything cardoard in there at all just booklet and the fold-out map, but can anyone else confirm differently, meaning does anyone else have a copy that does have the cardboard pieces?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:Question for anyone who might know the answer to this.  Does anyone know if DDA4-The Dymrak Dread included handouts and cardboard characters as the back of the module indicated that it was supposed to?  The copy that I am currently selling doesn't have them and the staples themselves appear unmanipulated, so I don't think that they were bound in the middle.  I checked with the TSR archive and Adrian only lists a 16-page module booklet and large fold out map as being the contents of this module.  Unfortuantely, my only other copy is unopened and stored away.  So does anyone know if these items were in fact included within this module or not?

cardboard characters - yes (though I've punched mine out and added to the others that were from one of the D&D box sets) They have (C) 1991 on the bottom of them and one side has color picture, other side black pictogram (or what ever the outline filled in all black is called)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:03 am 

Plaag wrote:
cardboard characters - yes (though I've punched mine out and added to the others that were from one of the D&D box sets) They have (C) 1991 on the bottom of them and one side has color picture, other side black pictogram (or what ever the outline filled in all black is called)

ShaneG.

Shane, are you sure?  As I just noted above, I just checked my shrinkwrapped copy and it doesn't appear that they are within. Unless they are the thinnest cardboard counters ever, I can't see how they could be in there at all. :?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:08 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Shane, are you sure?  As I just noted above, I just checked my shrinkwrapped copy and it doesn't appear that they are within. Unless they are the thinnest cardboard counters ever, I can't see how they could be in there at all. :?

Yeah not cardboard, they are paper though thicker then that. They are exactly like the cut outs from the Box set the module says that can be used with it...

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd/dd-classic.htm (not this one, but the black boxed one)

Not this box set, but they are the same type of fold up figures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-Quest-D-D-Du ... dZViewItem

EDIT: I can confirm for a fact now that I relooked at them..pictures match those in the book, creatures encountered, and NPC (the 2 prisoners), and PCs (I have 16 total that I can find, so think that is all)

** expired/removed eBay auction **
(Course not 32-pages, but Sue Cook had one up for sale with these)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:20 am 

Plaag wrote:

Yeah not cardboard, they are paper though thicker then that. They are exactly like the cut outs from the Box set the module says that can be used with it...

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dd/dd-classic.htm (not this one, but the black boxed one)
Not this box set, but they are the same type of fold up figures:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

ShaneG.

Heh, that would explain why I can't tell that they are in there.  They are not really cardboard at all, just paper. Cheap as hell. :roll:   Thanks Shane. :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:17 pm 

I have a pristine copy of DDA4 - It includes an adventure, a map, cardboard punchouts, a customer satisfaction card, and a catalog.  You can see pictures of the above, including the unpunched card, at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucyjoyce/

Um, is this worth anything?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:32 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:I have a pristine copy of DDA4 - It includes an adventure, a map, cardboard punchouts, a customer satisfaction card, and a catalog.  You can see pictures of the above, including the unpunched card, at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucyjoyce/

Um, is this worth anything?

In looking for these to find the counters I'd say $15-20 being complete.

ShaneG.

Next