The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB
Author

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57 pm 

Which reminds me: if the current holder of the book could make a new, updated scan of the signatures page, I'll replace the older one.  Thanks in advance!

Foul

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:08 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:Which reminds me: if the current holder of the book could make a new, updated scan of the signatures page, I'll replace the older one.  Thanks in advance!

Foul

I will do this but it will not happen for about ten days. I am out of town and then I have a few pretty busy days catching up.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:02 pm 

bbarsh wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:
FoulFoot wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:Which reminds me: if the current holder of the book could make a new, updated scan of the signatures page, I'll replace the older one.  Thanks in advance!

Foul

I will do this but it will not happen for about ten days. I am out of town and then I have a few pretty busy days catching up.

Got it. Working on a suitable display for the OSR Booth. I will upload pictures from Gen Con to this thread.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:27 am 

Not to come on too strong with my return, but how does one get on "the list" to eventually see the Perlman PHB in person? I'd eventually like to peruse it, if possible. Several here can vouch for my trustworthiness in re: informal back-and-forth mailings. If someone is in charge of said list, please add me :-).

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:54 pm 

MetamorphosisSig wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:Not to come on too strong with my return, but how does one get on "the list" to eventually see the Perlman PHB in person? I'd eventually like to peruse it, if possible. Several here can vouch for my trustworthiness in re: informal back-and-forth mailings. If someone is in charge of said list, please add me :-).

The waiting list will take you about two to three years...

I was supposed to get my hands on it at Gencon... hah...

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:49 am 

Invincible Overlord wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:
MetamorphosisSig wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:Not to come on too strong with my return, but how does one get on "the list" to eventually see the Perlman PHB in person? I'd eventually like to peruse it, if possible. Several here can vouch for my trustworthiness in re: informal back-and-forth mailings. If someone is in charge of said list, please add me :-).

Well, I am the "holder" of the book. It will be at Gary Con - on display and available for review. It will also be at the North Texas RPG con, Bashcon, and Gen Con.

I will send it to those who request it, but you need to understand that I am not a library! Send me your mailing address and I will ship it off when I can get to it. I will send it for free anywhere in the U.S. and as the "holder" I will cover the shipping from me to you.

The rules:
1. It has to be mailed back to me within 10 days.
2. Re-use the maling box I use to ship the book. It is very sturdy.
3. It MUST be returned to me with tracking. Do not ship it to someone else. That is how things get lost.
4. The book will not be distributed within 30 days of any of the conventions it will be displayed at.
5. To request the book, send me an email at [email protected]. No exceptions.
6. You need to be a regular member of this forum. By regular, I mean more than a few posts.
7. I need an address and a phone number (I will just send a text to confirm address).

Those are the first edition rules and I hope there is no need for a second edition set!

Last edited by bbarsh on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:38 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:

Well, I am the "holder" of the book. It will be at Gary Con - on display and available for review. It will also be at the North Texas RPG con, Bashcon, and Gen Con.

I will send it to those who request it, but you need to understand that I am not a library! Send me your mailing address and I will ship it off when I can get to it. I will send it for free anywhere in the U.S. and as the "holder" I will cover the shipping from me to you.

The rules:
3. It MUST me returned to me with tracking. Do not ship it to someone else. That is how things get lost.
4. The book will not be distributed within 30 days of any of the conventions it will be displayed at.
6. You need to be a regular member of this forum. By regular, I mean more than a few posts.
7. I need an address and a phone number (I will just send a text to confirm address).

Those are the first edition rules and I hope there is no need for a second edition set!

I don't get on here as often as I used to, but I urge you to follow bbarsh's rules because this is an incomparable piece of AD&D history, and seeing the hard cover book is a true experience that you simply can't get from the PDF.

Take care,
Keith

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:49 am 

I thought at one point (several years ago now) this was being passed around the community and was going to come to members outside the US. I had my name on the list years ago.

Is this now not possible :(.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:29 am 

Sardan wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:I thought at one point (several years ago now) this was being passed around the community and was going to come to members outside the US. I had my name on the list years ago.

Is this now not possible :(.

Small world, because when I had it I shipped it from my house to someone in the UK.
If I had to guess I'd say that was around 2007 or so.

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:35 pm 

As I recall it was supposed to go around the rest of the world and then back to the States.

I'd never have said it was six years ago though. God I'm getting old. :(

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:16 pm 

Sardan wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:As I recall it was supposed to go around the rest of the world and then back to the States.

Same rules for international as domestic U.S.  However, I would request that international viewers pay for the shipping in total. As of tomorrow, the book is on its way to Chicago.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:56 am 

Good stuff. Thank you.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:33 pm 

The rules:
3. It MUST me returned to me with tracking. Do not ship it to someone else. That is how things get lost.

Thanks. I'll pass.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:06 pm 

Sardan wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:As I recall it was supposed to go around the rest of the world and then back to the States.

Same rules for international as domestic U.S.  However, I would request that international viewers pay for the shipping in total. As of tomorrow, the book is on its way to Chicago.

8O

:D

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:22 pm 

Hi I am a new member,
but I have two books I'd like to track down the owners or just see what I can find.
My old DMG belonged to a

"Mike Vatalaro: 745-7494"
I purchased it for 15 dollars in Florida.
So if the # still works you'd need a Florida area code most likely as this bookstore was a local one near orlando.
Half of the paper inlay was taped over to cover up the name.
The tape was very old even when I bought it.

Also my Dragonlance book belonged to a man named
Kenn Knight
It's a small name plate was made from a indented piece of plastic/sticker thing on the top left.
Also it has a sticker of "Golden Wings by Boris Vallejo" On the bottom left.
I purchased it in West Virginia.

If anyone can look into this or whichever. I love this site and this incident with the PHB is awesome. Thanks everyone!

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:04 am 

The 745 prefix can be found in Miami, area code 305.  A quick Google search turned up a Michael Vatalaro in Boynton Beach, just north of Miami:

Michael Vatalaro, CENTURY 21 Real Estate Agent in Boynton Beach, FL

No guarantee, but it's a possibility.  Give him a call!

Without more info on Kenn Knight, you're probably out of luck.  Too common a name.

Foul

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:34 pm 

Called him up. It wasn't his sadly.
My players handbook also belonged to someone else but I lent it to one of my players to read.
Well it was worth a try he was a very nice person though.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:03 pm 

Sooooooooo.......

Did the book make it to Gen-Con this year?

What Cons has it made?

Any relevant pics posted?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

PreviousNext