The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 22123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 202122
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:16 pm 

I will be sending the book to IO who will be attending GenCon so for those who want to see it he will be the man to find.

I will be including the draft of JP's thoughts from here:  JIM PERELMAN SPEAKS!  A message from Jim!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:55 pm 

It would be great to have the Perelman PHB come to South Beach (just like LeBron)  :lol:

by the way, very interesting reading on this thread....its a great story about the community here....

let me know if there's a list of its travels after GenCon....

Jorge

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:48 pm 

A scan and post that shows the signatures in the Perelman Player's Handbook would be cool to see.  

Whoever has it after GenCon 2010 would score major karma points by getting this done!  Please!  :thumleft:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:28 pm 

FormCritic wrote:A scan and post that shows the signatures in the Perelman Player's Handbook would be cool to see.  

Whoever has it after GenCon 2010 would score major karma points by getting this done!  Please!  :thumleft:

They used to be at the beginning of the other thread.  Not sure why they aren't there but as I recall the language was quite robust so maybe not appropriate for the site?

thread was this one...

The curious case of the three-page rant in the old PHB

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:13 pm 

I'm talking about specifically the signatures.

I have files...somewhere...giving me pictures of the Perelman handbook.  

What I want to see is who signed it after me and what they had to say.

Kosh has a legitimate piece of gaming history in his possession.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 am 

Bump

I was wondering whether the Perelman PHB is still taking its world tour???

Jorge

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 pm 

carrejo wrote:Bump

I was wondering whether the Perelman PHB is still taking its world tour???

Jorge

It was supposed to be sent to me...

... some time ago...

:)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:20 am 

Sooooooooo........ I hope this time.......

I need to get this to GenCon2013 and have made it a total commitment to get it there.

Therefore I need to know who is heading up the Acaeum group that will be there so that I can get it to them for signing/ perusing.

It is packaged and ready to go, just need a name and address to slap on it.

Also, I think this would make a good community item and was wondering who would be a good keeper of it?

Suggestions? The Burnt Brothers come to mind.

Kosh

"It has been a loooooong while"

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:Sooooooooo........ I hope this time.......

I need to get this to GenCon2013 and have made it a total commitment to get it there.

Therefore I need to know who is heading up the Acaeum group that will be there so that I can get it to them for signing/ perusing.

Also, I think this would make a good community item and was wondering who would be a good keeper of it?

Kosh

Welcome back  :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:04 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:Sooooooooo........ I hope this time.......

Kosh

Kosh, PM me.

The North Texas RPG con could keep and display this in our nifty display case, so gamers from all over could see and read this "artifact" when they attend the con.  It would be as safe as any other expensive goody we display for the masses.

I do have a special connection to the book...I was the one who brought it to Gencon 2008, and that's the book in my avatar photo.... :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:24 pm 

If no one else has offered yet, I'd be happy to take it to Gen Con, and then to NTRPGCon next year.  Kosh, let me know.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:40 am 

I like the idea of Mike and Doug holding on to it at the NTXCON.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:35 am 

I sent a PM to Kosh earlier this morning, but I might as well go public as the thread has gone there. I also offered to carry the PHB at the OSR Booth at Gen Con. I would put it in a display for all to gaze upon and do what they would with it. I could bring it to Gary Con and NTX and do the same. That way, the book continues to travel the known world of OSR conventions.
It could also be passed off to other OSR publishers who are attending other conventions that I do not attend. No worries of mailing it around or whatever. Just a thought.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 am 

Kosh

At GenCon, I think the best way to make connections and get it signed (aside from the Acaeum dinner) would be to have it in a booth.  Who has one?  Not sure, but probably BB do.

So, I suggest mailing it to someone attending the dinner.  They bring it to the dinner for sharing.  It gets handed off to the booth owners for the rest of the con.
After that...?

I still need to get my hands on that thing.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:30 pm 

I live in Indy so would be happy to take it to the dinner and hand it off to Bill Barsh for inclusion in the OSR Booth.  Other people are shipping things to me for Gencon no problem with one more item.

Martin

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:18 pm 

Certainly oughta be scanned and posted in Acaeum reference...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:00 pm 

Will send it off to BBarsh as soon as I get his addy  :thumright:

Will be sending along the email received from Jim that includes his insights on the book.

Also included will be the cd Aneoth created with all the scans that were previously on the Acaeum  :D

Last edited by Kosh Vorlontay on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:02 pm 

ExTSR wrote in The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB:Certainly oughta be scanned and posted in Acaeum reference...

Would need Foul's approval for it. Last time I asked was a no. Peer pressure anyone  :eye:

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 22123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 202122