The Expanded Editorial of Jim Perelman's 1st Ed PHB
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:24 am 

Sardan wrote:I'm a bit late to the party but all this talk of Jim Perelman being a god among games designers and the fact that I am working on my own homebrew 1st Ed/C&C rules means I'd love to take a look at this or to get hold of the scans to see an original take on D&D.

I'm in the UK but after it's trip to Oz can I be added to the list please.

The scans have been posted in this thread. Search back a few pages to the links.
I made the scans back in August of last year and sent the scans (tiny CD) on to the next person with the book.
Anyone who gets the Players Handbook should find a mini disk inside the rear cover with the scans on it, unless it was removed and not replaced at some point.

Also the link in this thread will get you to the same scans on the internet. So you dont even need the disc. Just copy and paste.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:36 am 

Aneoth wrote:
The scans have been posted in this thread. Search back a few pages to the links.
I made the scans back in August of last year and sent the scans (tiny CD) on to the next person with the book.
Anyone who gets the Players Handbook should find a mini disk inside the rear cover with the scans on it, unless it was removed and not replaced at some point.

Also the link in this thread will get you to the same scans on the internet. So you dont even need the disc. Just copy and paste.

Ah thanks Aneoth, I'll have a look for them,  shame on me for not looking earlier.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:02 pm 

I posted the article from the L.A. Times complete with picture of Jim Perelman here:
viewtopic.php?t=4775&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=80

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:46 am 

An e-mail message from Jim is posted at
viewtopic.php?p=102726#102726

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:48 am 

Hiya guys................................wait for it...........

WE HAVE TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Book has arrived in Perth Western Australia, left Calgary on 4th October, and only took 4 months to get here.

Had it for about an hour, and it's a crack up from the start.

IT'll take me a couple of days to go through it completely (and have a look at Aneoth's CD).

Soooooooooo who's going to be next?

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:57 am 

I'd like to take a loook at this if possible (I'm in the UK) but as it is in Oz should we send it to Mr Perelman himself first?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:14 am 

Who do we have.. Nev, mrdoo, improv, me....

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:01 am 

beasterbrook wrote:Who do we have.. Nev, mrdoo, improv, me....

I think all the Aussies should get a crack at it, then maybe Jim could check it out/sign it/add a postscript, and if Adder is still coming to Gencon, throw it in the luggage and bring it along where it can be signed by a bevy of Aceaum members and celebs (just imagining the red carpet treatment!!!!).  Seems preferable to another four months in transit!!!!!

Then let's let Kosh have a looksee at what he's wrought..before another international tour???? :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:33 am 

dont forget me! but Bren, i am going to GenCon, so if you kinda bring it with you n stuff, i can have a look at it there etc....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:02 am 

Badmike wrote:

I think all the Aussies should get a crack at it, then maybe Jim could check it out/sign it/add a postscript, and if Adder is still coming to Gencon, throw it in the luggage and bring it along where it can be signed by a bevy of Aceaum members and celebs (just imagining the red carpet treatment!!!!).  Seems preferable to another four months in transit!!!!!

Then let's let Kosh have a looksee at what he's wrought..before another international tour???? :wink:

Mike B.

With the movement that this book is generating, it would be nice if people would chip in more to expidite its worldly travels. 4 months seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Definitely keep it in Oz so that everyone there can sign it and get it to Gencon to generate some Buz for the old school birth of D&D. Maybe there will be another article featuring Jim Perelman and his world travelled book!

That said, yes I would like for it to stop off in the USA from Oz and then I will send it out to the UK area to start off its European tour.

Has anyone down in OZ found out if Jim is going to go to GenCon? Get a pic of him holding the book so that we can have a face of the author travel with the book? Something to think about.

Now, if we could only find his DMG  :D

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:49 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:Hiya guys................................wait for it...........

WE HAVE TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Book has arrived in Perth Western Australia, left Calgary on 4th October, and only took 4 months to get here.

Had it for about an hour, and it's a crack up from the start.

IT'll take me a couple of days to go through it completely (and have a look at Aneoth's CD).

Soooooooooo who's going to be next?

Yes it finally arrived PDT_Armataz_01_37

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:48 pm 

Was that shipping time, or was the book stuck in the Customs shed? Combination of both?

Didn't I read here that Aussie Customs officials had changed some rules and slowed the process down? Or that there's a backlog of stuff trying to get through?

I'm glad everything worked out, but, man, that book could have swam there in four months.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:37 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Was that shipping time, or was the book stuck in the Customs shed? Combination of both?

Didn't I read here that Aussie Customs officials had changed some rules and slowed the process down? Or that there's a backlog of stuff trying to get through?

I'm glad everything worked out, but, man, that book could have swam there in four months.

Canada Post told me there was a backlog of 7000 packages stuck in Australian customs due to the new "more efficient system" they are implementing.

Go figure :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:38 pm 

You know this might be a story that Wired magazine or somesuch might be interested in after the book makes the rounds at Gen Con...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:39 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:You know this might be a story that Wired magazine or somesuch might be interested in after the book makes the rounds at Gen Con...

What is Wired magazine about?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:43 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:What is Wired magazine about?

A Conde Nast publication (ie meant for the masses) on how technology and digital life affect culture, society, politics, etc.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:35 pm 

It will be shipping time. Sea mail generally takes 2-4 months, air mail 5-7 days. I recieved air mail from the states no problem, the hold up may be sea mail stuff... I don't mind shipping it out airmail to somewere... it is 4 odd months to Aussie gencon, so thats plenty of time to zip overseas and back...

Brette:)

Xaxaxe wrote:Was that shipping time, or was the book stuck in the Customs shed? Combination of both?

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:59 am 

Yeah, I'd say it's just the shipping time via seamail.

I'll be at OzCon this year so if we work it out right I can collect it again there to take (hopefully) to Gencon.

I can send it to Mike (MDR003) first as he's not going to OzCon (or are you?)

I've got accommodation with a relative if you need it (-- tries to lure away again from new born... :twisted: )

Then if the last person brings it to OzCon it's about a month from there to Gencon. Or is that too long?

You guys do realize there's a down side to the book?.........................

Trying to pick the right quote for the back page.. :lol:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

PreviousNext