Possible new print of AC6 discovered
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:35 pm 

While checking a recent set of purchases from The_Collectors_Trove, I noticed that AC6 didn't match any of the prints current listed.

* First:  Last word of last full sentence of first paragraph on back is "you".  The UK address on the back is "TSR UK Ltd." (next line) "The Mill, Rathmore Road" (next line) "Cambridge CB1 4AD" (next line) "United Kindgom" (the spelling error of "Kindgom" is how it appears on the item).  The Piece Code (0-935696-66-0) and the Product Number (394-55195-8TSR0700) are stacked above the white UPC barcode box.  Thanks to Michael Deaton for the scan.

* Second:  Last word of last full sentence of first paragraph on back is "you".  The UK address on the back is "TSR UK Ltd." (next line) "The Mill, Rathmore Road" (next line) "Cambridge CB1 4AD" (next line) "United Kindgom" (the spelling error of "Kindgom" is how it appears on the item).  The ISBN is above the UPC barcode but within the white bar code box.  The Product Number (9037XXX1401) is on the bottom left and the price ($7.00) is on the bottom right.

* Third:  Last word of last full sentence of first paragraph on back is "Sheet".  The UK address on the back is "TSR Ltd." (next line) "120 Church End, Cherry Hinton" (next line) "Cambridge CB1 3LB" (next line) "United Kingdom".  The Piece Code (0-88038-048-9) is above the UPC barcode but within the white bar code box.  No Product Number.  The price ($7.00) now appears in the lower right corner of the back.

* Fourth:  Identical to Third, but now has the Product Number on the rear cover, lower left.  Thanks to Michael Deaton for this info.

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/miscpag ... acter.html

On the copy I have, the last word of the last full sentence of the the first paragraph on the back is "long".  The UK address is the same as the first and second prints with the mispelled "kindgom".  The product number (394-55195-8TSR0700) is incorrectly labeled ISBN and is centered above the UPC code.  The actual ISBN appears above the product number.  Both ISBN and product number are outside of the whitebox surrounding the UPC.  The piece code (9037XXX1401) appears in the lower left corner.  There is no price.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:16 am 

I believe the one you are describing is a 1st print. The last word "you" being from the last sentence that goes the full width of the paragraph. The product number being mislabled as the ISBN should be added to the description, as well as the piece code being in the lower left corner.

At least thats what my first print looks like.

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:15 am 

That's quite possible.  "You" is the last word on the last full line in the first paragraph.  My copy fits the first print description in every other way.

Acaeum description is a bit unclear saying "last full sentence" when it should say "last full line".

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:44 pm 

Your description matches my first print.  

The confusion is the definition of "Full Sentence", and mine also has the product code mislabled as ISBN.

If there's a copy of AC6 out there that does not have ISBN next to the product code, but otherwise matches the "First" definition, then we're on to something.  

Can anybody confirm this?

Gary H. Kramer

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:48 pm 

Just pulled my copy and it is a second print...I didn't make the notation on my collection spread sheet for some reason.

Anyway, that last sentence thing needs to be clarified as "last line that runs the length of the paragraph."

It is very confusing as I read it to mean last word of the sentence, which of course, is not correct.

Sorry I can't be of further assistance. I am (generally) not a print run guy, so I just have my one copy.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/