AD&D Player Character Record Sheets
Author

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:45 pm 

I was wondering if anyone could give a list of how many of each type of character record sheet (Fighter/Ranger/Paladin, Cleric/Druid, etc...) came with the 1979 and the 1981 AD&D Player Character Record Sheets (and if there are any variations in these numbers between the different versions).

In addition to just wanting to know how many of which are missing from my copies, I'd like to have someone confirm that these did, in fact, come with a total of 28 sheets (as stated in their Acaeum descriptions). My most complete set comes with 16 and though it didn't come SWed, it doesn't look as if almost half of the sheets are missing from it.

Thanks in advance.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:39 am 

Lets see if we can get you an answer! I dont have it, but was wondering the same thing. I have one with 17 sheets and a sealed purple cover I dont want to open.

The pages here say:

1979:  Player Character Record Sheets.  Wizard logo.  White cover with pink Erol Otus artwork.  "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" is in large letters centered across the top, and "Player Character Record Sheets" is below the cover artwork.  32 gold sheets.  TSR stock # 9028.  (Thanks to Mike Deaton, Matthew Dawe, and John Kozol for help with this info).  There are two variations of this print:

First:  Purple cover.  Second "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" in first text block does not have a "TM" after it.  Last word in first text block on the cover is "No".  Back cover does not list modules S3, C1, or B2.  (Thanks to Mike Deaton for the scan).

Second:  Pink cover.  Second "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" in first text block has a "TM" after it.  Last word in first text block on the cover is "facilitate".  Back cover does list modules S3, C1, and B2.

It doesnt look like these covers could hold 32 sheets. Do they mean 32 pages? But that would only be 16 sheets?

I know the post is over a decade old, but better late than never! Yes, im going back and reading a lot of old posts...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:40 pm 

16 sheets. I am guessing someone "restored" one i bought and overdid it.

Apparently 16 is true for at least the 1978-1984 player sheet books. Not 10, not a dozen, not 20....Um, 16, print it!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:35 am 

I just picked up the pink cover printing in a lot of other stuff.  It has 11 pages left and I too was thinking, "how the heck could there have been 32 sheets in here originally!"  My remaining sheets include 5 fighter/ranger/paladin sheets, 2 cleric/druid sheets, 3 magic-user/illusionist sheets, and 1 multi-class/bard sheet.  With further input and some ebay surfing we should be able to triangulate the exact count per sheet and the number of sheets total.