Odd minis - Heritage Miniature?
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:52 pm 

I have two odd minis.  See http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/ for pictures.  The guy with fangs has HM copyright 1981 on bottom, and a signature I can't quite decipher.. Maybe Tan Lan?  See picture for this also.  The other mini has nothing on the bottom and seems to have - ahem - girls parts AND boy parts.  What the heck is it? ALSO an ebay question -  does ebay allow sellers to list a link to a photo page like this so that one can avoid the extra picture fees?  As always, thanks for reading this.  Any help would be appreciated. And happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:49 pm 

lucyjoyce wrote:I have two odd minis.  See http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/ for pictures.  The guy with fangs has HM copyright 1981 on bottom, and a signature I can't quite decipher.. Maybe Tan Lan?  See picture for this also.  The other mini has nothing on the bottom and seems to have - ahem - girls parts AND boy parts.  What the heck is it? ALSO an ebay question -  does ebay allow sellers to list a link to a photo page like this so that one can avoid the extra picture fees?  As always, thanks for reading this.  Any help would be appreciated. And happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the US.

I have both of these, I got them with a large lot of minis from an ex-game store owner, the auction was for "Citadel, Heritage and Texas Miniatures Group minis" so I would suppose they are one of these three.  I'll try to dig the figures up to see if I can find more info.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:51 pm 

Super!  Thanks!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:22 am 

They look like Heritage to me (at least the demon does), but I'd double-check with the experts @ http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/ to be sure.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:51 am 

Hi Lucy
Yes, it's definitely a Heritage figure.  

The name on the bottom of your Pit Fiend (the fanged guy; Dungeon Dwellers 1233) is "Harlan."

I've seen this on a number of Heritage minis (circa '80-'81) that have passed through my collection.  I think it's the sculptor's name, but am not sure.

Another possibility: since Heritage produced figs under a number of names (Kriegspielers, Custom Cast, Elan Merch), Harlan could also be the name of another Heritage line.

Trevor

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:56 pm 

Thanks, Grodog, for the link.  That's a great site.  Pit Fiend is the perfect name for this guy.  And Tiger, I do have some minis marked with the Elan Merch logo.  So they are from Heritage too?  I feel like I'm taking a course in this stuff and I've got about 100 professors.  Shiny apples for all of you!  Anybody recognize that other mini?  Thanks again for your help!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:28 pm 

Can you provide another image or two, from other angles?  It kinds looks like it could be a gynosphynx or a chimera, or a shedu, perhaps??

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:08 pm 

Are these any better?  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/  I got a nifty camera for my birthday but I am still trying to figure it out!  Thanks for trying, Grodog.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:37 pm 

Howdy,

She is a MB-08 Sphinx by Dragontooth.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:10 am 

A sphinx!  I never would have guessed that.  Thanks, Paul!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:57 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:And Tiger, I do have some minis marked with the Elan Merch logo.  So they are from Heritage too?

Elan Merch = licensed by Elan Merchandising, Inc., to Heritage.

They are the people who license J.R.R. Tolkien merchandise.  Well, not him as such but his creations, like Lord of the Rings.

I'll give you a dollar apiece for your HM, Elan, and Dragontooth minis.   :lol:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:29 pm 

I wouldn't want to take unfair advantage of you like that, John!  I will be selling all this stuff though.  I am posting my first ever auction on ebay Sunday night.  I hope.  Just ten things to start with, as I am nervous.  I will post a list on the classifieds!  No reserve.  Shipping at cost plus $2.  Does that sound fair?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:48 am 

lucyjoyce wrote:I wouldn't want to take unfair advantage of you like that, John!  I will be selling all this stuff though.  I am posting my first ever auction on ebay Sunday night.  I hope.  Just ten things to start with, as I am nervous.  I will post a list on the classifieds!  No reserve.  Shipping at cost plus $2.  Does that sound fair?

[Drifting off-topic . . . ]

Will those be ten individual auctions or a single auction lot of ten pieces?

For a single auction or multiple auctions with combined shipping, the s/h sounds fair.  If you pack the minis well (individually bubble-wrapped inside a ziplock bag packed in newspaper in a small box) I don't think any buyer can complain.

[Drifting back on-topic . . .]

The definitive Heritage mailing list is at

. . . http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disciplesofheritage/

I am no Custom Cast/Heritage/Elan expert, but most of my knowledge has come from that Yahoo group.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:19 pm 

Wow, thanks so much for that link.  I have googled every key word I can think of to identify these minis and I get a little bit here and a little bit there.  This website will help tremendously.  I am going to try to sell this stuff as it was originally sold - i.e. I will sell all the pieces that make up Grendadier's "The Wizard's Room" that I have as one auction.  I am so far from finished sorting all these though, that I think I will auction off modules and books first.  Thanks to the Acaeum, those I have a very good handle on.  I don't expect to make much money, really.  These came into my hands without cost and I am enjoying learning about them.  It's like a crossword or jigsaw puzzle.  I just like putting all the pieces together.  I thought my husband would be weary of all the little bits of metal strewn around the dining room, but as I passed through there just now, he was making a very elaborate battle scene.  Maybe I DO need to sell them soon!  But with four kids and a full time job, there is never enough time...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:54 am 

I just found this topic.  I have 8 boxes of the "white box" line.  The boxes are in pretty good shape with some shelf wear.  They look like they contain the literature.  Assuming they are complete can anyone hazard a guess as to value?  I've had them for quite a while and never could find much info on them until I hit this thread.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:33 pm 

Someone asked if Heritage miniatures were ever painted.  I answered, "No."   :oops:

** expired eBay auction **