not nice auction with an acaeum member
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:48 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Asking for a full refund seems a little unreasonable to me, considering the seller will be out the auction price, the auction fees, the shipping fees across the atlantic, and likely out the module itself -- the cost of having it shipped back far exceeds the book's value.  Since you haven't posted the actual auction, it's hard to say where fault lies.  I'd offer to split the difference and call it a day.

no no no... dont misuderstand me!!! i simply asked a full refund of the price i paid for the item! i'd never ask for shipping fees refund! (and let me add that since it was a combined shipping it looks like more reasonable than a single purchase)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:32 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I wouldn't call it "Fine", but I'm conditioned by the Acaeum gradings.  Did the auction include a grading scale?  "Fine" is extremely subjective.  

Anyway, your best bet is to point out the issue to the seller and deal with them directly.  If the response is unreasonable (ie.  swearing, calling names, throwing things) I'd mention that on the public forums.  However, since you asked for opinions:

Asking for a full refund seems a little unreasonable to me, considering the seller will be out the auction price, the auction fees, the shipping fees across the atlantic, and likely out the module itself -- the cost of having it shipped back far exceeds the book's value.  Since you haven't posted the actual auction, it's hard to say where fault lies.  I'd offer to split the difference and call it a day.

I'm a cynic.  Whenever I see "fine" I read "slightly less than good."

Regards,

Stephen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:00 am 

i never look at condition first. i look at the item and see what flaws are written then make my own mind up. its only the odd time i get caught out, but i am ok with that.

there are very few ppl around that i would take their word for with regard to a condition of something.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:03 pm 

aia wrote:
because it is not correct for i'm still waiting a final reply... furthermore, i must admit that even if he was not correct in his auction, he's a polite guy and i do want to behave as well

Well, once you get that final replay, then do what you must.

~Clangador
---------------

Black Blade Publishing imprint of OSRIC is not only the most definitive printing of OSRIC to date, but also the single greatest resource for old school gamers since the three original hardbacks written by E. Gary Gygax.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:In Aia defense, I know who he dealt with and IMO this person is actually a Classic "overgrader".  Not on along the lines as Titan Games, but still pretty bad none the less.

What's this about Titan Games now?

~Clangador
---------------

Black Blade Publishing imprint of OSRIC is not only the most definitive printing of OSRIC to date, but also the single greatest resource for old school gamers since the three original hardbacks written by E. Gary Gygax.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:27 pm 

Without a link to the auction, it really isn't fair to point out a specific individual, even ambiguously.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:04 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Without a link to the auction, it really isn't fair to point out a specific individual, even ambiguously.

*shrug* The seller remained anonymous.  No harm done.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:54 pm 

clangador wrote:
What's this about Titan Games now?

Titan/Tonya are pretty well known for being very 'generous' in regards to their stated item conditions (amongst their other flaws). Browse through some auctions, and look for stuff with good pictures. Then compare the written description and the book in question. I doubt it'll take long to find some signifigant discrepencies.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:00 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:*shrug* The seller remained anonymous.

by the item description it is very easy to recognize the seller, most of his auction state same words in the description so... :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:36 am 

GraysonAC wrote:Can't really offer any advice without seeing the original picture, or at least the wording of the auction.

That's not out of line for Fine though, per the Acaeum gradings. http://www.acaeum.com/frontdesk/grading.html

Almost as good as "Very Fine", judging by http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpage ... 2mono.html :oops:

=
Glad to hear you managed to resolve the issue, aia.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:58 am 

GraysonAC wrote:
Titan/Tonya are pretty well known for being very 'generous' in regards to their stated item conditions (amongst their other flaws). Browse through some auctions, and look for stuff with good pictures. Then compare the written description and the book in question. I doubt it'll take long to find some signifigant discrepencies.

I'll check that out. I don't think I've ever won anything from them.

~Clangador
---------------

Previous