At long last, I've decided to sell it off.
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:58 am 

Okay guys, after much consideration I'm going to go the eBay route on the majority of my extraneous stuff.

This includes four unexpurgated Deities and Demigods (three of which are true 1st prints) and a complete, intact copy of Empire of the Petal Throne.

I tried to sell the lot but didn't get a quote back I was entirely happy with*.  

So the question I have for you august fellows is: inasmuch as I want to get this stuff out the door and I am desparate for money with which to buy Christmas gifts, should I put it all up at once (multiple auctions that is, not in one lot) or a couple this week, a couple the next week, etc.?

Thanks in advance everyone.

TDD

Whoops, forgot my footnote:

*The person whom I went to, to sell the lot off offered me a very generous price and I don't feel like he was trying to slight me in the least.  I've had good dealings with him in the past as a buyer of his stuff from his 'site and I'll always recommend him.  So no rancor is implied or intended there.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:11 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:Okay guys, after much consideration I'm going to go the eBay route on the majority of my extraneous stuff.

This includes four unexpurgated Deities and Demigods (three of which are true 1st prints) and a complete, intact copy of Empire of the Petal Throne.

I tried to sell the lot but didn't get a quote back I was entirely happy with*.  

So the question I have for you august fellows is: inasmuch as I want to get this stuff out the door and I am desparate for money with which to buy Christmas gifts, should I put it all up at once (multiple auctions that is, not in one lot) or a couple this week, a couple the next week, etc.?

Thanks in advance everyone.

TDD

First off, I would split it up.  Although time is kind of limited before Christmas, I would not sell all the Deities & Demigods at the same time.  Ebay provides enough competetion as it is,  there is no sense in competing against yourself.  You might be able to pull off selling one first print and one second print at the same time as long as they are clearly marked as such, but I would defintely stay away from listing all four of them at the same time.  Just my $.02.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:25 pm 

Break them up . . . you can still do this relatively quickly to get funds for Christmas.   Run 5 day auctions - EPT and Deities & Demigods w/Cthulhu isn't likely to get any more bidders if you list it 5 vs. 7 days.

For instance, with Deities, (depending on condition) list it with a $24.99 opening bid and a $43 BIN.  As soon as it sells (hopefully with the BIN), list the other one immediately.  A $43 BIN is a reasonable price for an above average (FINE) book.  List is for $52 if NM, $37 VG, etc.  The object is to move the items quick and get a good price.  Stupidly high BINs will not help the cause . . .

Other items can be sold in a similar manner . . .  my suggestion is to BIN everything . . . that way, even if some auctions run the duration (or don't sell) some may sell and you will start getting Christmas mony all the sooner.

Good luck!

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:32 pm 

Today is a flat rate 20 cent insertion fee day on eBay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:42 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:Today is a flat rate 20 cent insertion fee day on eBay.

Heh, I wish I knew that yesterday.  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:57 pm 

...and before I forget, anyone who wants can PM me for a complete list and link to photos.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:10 pm 

List items separately and include a buy it now that you can live with and that makes sense for each item.

Only list as much as you are capable of shipping at any one time. I am always short for time and it can get difficult to package and ship great quantities.

Also, use priority mail as your standard. The shipping supplies are free and the pricing, in most cases, is a flat fee.

Just remember that you are gonna hit with paypal fees, ebay listing fees and final valuation fees. When you list dozens of items, those fees add up fast.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/