"FINALLY, right at the bottom where they belong"
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:47 pm 
 

The silly part about going through college again due to a 'pre-midlife-crisis-after-the-military-breaks-you-then-kicks-you-out-after-14-years' is that I am required to actually read entire passages of reviews for my Customer Relations and Business writing classes.  So (slap me for reading it :oops: ) I read the entire About Me page of ours truely, cougarrinard (AKA D.M. Whitfield, born to DM, 'insert metal of choice' Powerseller).

From cougarrinard (D.M. Whitfields) About Me page:

"FINALLY, right at the bottom where they belong .... If the idiots who watch me so closely from a very minor web site bothered to do any research instead of justing thinking they knew it all they would know they have been wrong continually and not just about this, never mind, jealousy is a terrible thing. I do pity & forgive them all. Lets see if they laugh out loud now? If some people spent less time watching my business and actually doing their own they may have more reasonable ratings. Its great to know I have sold more items (NOTE THATS ITEMS NOT RATINGS ~perhaps get someone to read that part to you if you belong to that web site as you clearly cannot read it yourself?) on ebay than all their combined pitiful entire web site members jealous efforts. (note I do not include Guido as part of your web site ~ & still dont) You are all gutless wonders. I would not mind so much if I had actually had any dealings with them? But its all third party gossip, and wrong. Glad to answer any questions if they can face their being wrong, which I doubt? I WANT TO THANK THEM FOR DRIVING PEOPLE TO MY SALES, Of course I have the laregst sales of D&D in UK, anyone can see that. Not everyone is educated beyond their intelligence. AND SAY SORRY FOR NOT ADVERTISING THEIRS AND WILL STOP TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM WHEN THEY STOP TELLING LIES ABOUT ME. LOL. At present I have no time or need to join your pathetic & SMALL site. thanks for invite but I dont have to justify anything to you losers. check our sales ~ maybe try more work less bitching, and you'll do better. I may not ever visit again, so that will annouy you more I think? one less viewer? down to 15 now LOL"

Just some notes on the bold items:

"very minor web site bothered to do any research"
Isn't research the whole point of this site? How many auctions do we find that has someone referrencing this site to vindicate there auction

"note I do not include Guido as part of your web site ~ & still dont"
That's it...Guido you gota go...the coug says you dont belong! GO!

"I have sold more items on ebay than all their combined pitiful entire web site members jealous efforts."
Again, being able to add = intelligence greater than plant life

"Not everyone is educated beyond their intelligence"
Well the rant in his About Me page speaks volumes about his education and intelligence

"At present I have no time or need to join your pathetic & SMALL site"
Lets compare his site to the Acaeum shall we:
http://cougarrinard.mysite.wanadoo-memb ... ndex.jhtml

"check our sales"
Who? Ours or his and his inflated Titanium Ego

Oh and what exactly is a "whole primes catalogue"
Is it rare? OOP?

Of course, most of what he says is infelicitous anyway and he comes off vacuous to boot.

(That's right...get'em out :D )


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 25, 2019

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:07 pm 
 

Ahh, a new thread about the Coug.  We haven't had a good one for awhile, at least since Corey got too cool for us and started playing WoW.  :lol:  

Seriously, someone really, really needs to get Cougar a freaking "spul chequer" or something.  Dave, since I know that read these forums quite faithfully, you should definintely add Spell Checker for your PC to your Christmas Wish list.  That way your Cougarette and/or your Couga-kittens will know just what to get for you this upcoming Christmas season.   :P


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7942
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:56 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Ahh, a new thread about the Coug.  We haven't had a good one for awhile, at least since Corey got too cool for us and started playing WoW.  :lol:  

Seriously, someone really, really needs to get Cougar a freaking "spul chequer" or something.  Dave, since I know that read these forums quite faithfully, you should definintely add Spell Checker for your PC to your Christmas Wish list.  That way your Cougarette and/or your Couga-kittens will know just what to get for you this upcoming Christmas season.   :P


Just like I honestly think Cougie is trying to get away with selling pieces of playdoh as gaming minis, I honestly think he probably revels in his inability to spell correctly.  I can see him chortling as he deliberately makes a mistake because he knows we'll be pointing it out. Reminds me of some of the backwoods Texans I run into sometimes who are positively proud of the fact that they haven't even finished high school, and sneer at those "college boys" who act like they know everything.  I'm sure Cougie doesn't give a damn how his site looks with the run on sentences, sentence fragments, spelling errors and inarticulate ravings.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 130
Joined: Mar 20, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 31, 2018
Location: Minneapolis

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:47 am 
 

["note I do not include Guido as part of your web site ~ & still dont"
That's it...Guido you gota go...the coug says you dont belong! GO!
]

Okay . . . but only because you say so, I'll go.    Can I take Al with me?

I really hope the play-doh sale is a joke.    If not, I have a closet full from my kids and if I can combine it with my B2 and X1 sales . . . I'll be rich!!   Rich, I say!!

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:10 pm 
 

Guido, if you ever find a way to make money with B2's and X1's, I think a lot of the members here will be be very rich very quickly :P

I think Mike's right. You run into guys like him online all the time in games. "Omg u pointed out a spelling mistake!! omg lolol what a loser!!"

But man, I love that the UK no longer gets the BS rating system, mostly because he doesn't get to be Super Shiny Uber Powerseller!!!!! anymore.

Then again, as much as we dislike him for being a scumbag (I received the huge-swatch-of-recycled-stamps box trick myself), his FB rating stays very good, and he does do a crapload of business. In the last year, he's only got one quarter of one percent in neutral/neg feedback. Even his mass-email-threatening-spam about FB can't keep that many folks from leaving negatives if he was deserving them.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7942
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:33 pm 
 

GraysonAC wrote:Guido, if you ever find a way to make money with B2's and X1's, I think a lot of the members here will be be very rich very quickly :P

I think Mike's right. You run into guys like him online all the time in games. "Omg u pointed out a spelling mistake!! omg lolol what a loser!!"

But man, I love that the UK no longer gets the BS rating system, mostly because he doesn't get to be Super Shiny Uber Powerseller!!!!! anymore.

Then again, as much as we dislike him for being a scumbag (I received the huge-swatch-of-recycled-stamps box trick myself), his FB rating stays very good, and he does do a crapload of business. In the last year, he's only got one quarter of one percent in neutral/neg feedback. Even his mass-email-threatening-spam about FB can't keep that many folks from leaving negatives if he was deserving them.


He's got 50 mutual withdraws....a ridiculous number.  Say one thing for him, Cougie can work the sytem. He knows by not leaving feedback first, if/when the buyer leaves the neg, he can immediately neg back and then send an offer for a mutual withdraw.  Remember to calculate these goodies when you do the feedback math. His feedback stays good because he can work the system, not because he's doing a great job.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1879
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 23, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:45 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:
He's got 50 mutual withdraws....a ridiculous number.  Say one thing for him, Cougie can work the sytem. He knows by not leaving feedback first, if/when the buyer leaves the neg, he can immediately neg back and then send an offer for a mutual withdraw.  Remember to calculate these goodies when you do the feedback math. His feedback stays good because he can work the system, not because he's doing a great job.

Mike B.


Absolutely - every withdrawal is a neg and 99.3%FB totally sucks. (And reading his feedback, even some of the positives aren't that positive!)

I've tried in the past to be quite open minded on the whole Cougar thing as he's never done me a bad turn, but then I thing of that RPGA Bugbear Hunt Poly auction and my blood boils - that is the work of a complete scam artist.

I'm a (small) reseller, and I know a lot of guys here resell on a much larger scale than me, but I do it purely to finance my own games collection/addiction without taking grief from the good lady. Cougar on the other hand is nothing but a money grabbing scumbag - it's just our misfortune that he's chosen the hobby we love to run his sordid business in.
It is possible to be a decent human being and sell games successfully (Badmike/BTB/BClarkie et al) so why the f*** doesn't he?

(And what is a Cougarrinard anyway? - any ideas? :D )

(Sorry about the rant!)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:35 am 
 

I have bad news for Coug....

I never pay any attention to him.

Even without his huge number of neutrals, mutual withrawls and negatives, I would not deal with him because he will not list the price of shipping in his auctions.  I never deal with anyone who will not spell out the shipping cost.

I laugh every time someone posts something from his AboutMe page because it is so clear that he reads everything posted here.

The Acaeum is small.  So?  The circle of Ebay collectors really isn't that large.

Mark    :)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:47 pm 
 

Even factoring in the 50 MW, his lifetime FB total is 98.97% positive. I know that's not great compared to most of us, but he's at least managing to fool a lot of folks.

But hey, folks still do business with Titan too (who have fairly good FB), and Creep1962.

Now Creep, there's a big seller with bad FB, heh.

Mike's right for sure, Coug can play the system very well.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:10 am 
 

Sometimes it isn't the number of negatives...it's the tone.  The one time I communicated with Coug he just about tore my head off (I got better though.)

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2039
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 14, 2019
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:17 am 
 

I only ever bought one item from Coug. It was an expensive item ($100)and described as having 'a few light pencil marks.' I checked ratings and prices on The Acaeum and thought ' hey that's a good deal.' When I got the item it had strong, extensive writing in pencil on almost every page. i.e. strong enough to indent the paper!!!!!

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1879
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 23, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:16 am 
 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I only ever bought one item from Coug. It was an expensive item ($100)and described as having 'a few light pencil marks.' I checked ratings and prices on The Acaeum and thought ' hey that's a good deal.' When I got the item it had strong, extensive writing in pencil on almost every page. i.e. strong enough to indent the paper!!!!!


What was the outcome of any complaint? Presumably 'item significantly not as described' gives a very good paypal/ebay case. A tough call what to do though because you know as soon as you go down that route with Coug then the neg is coming! (Though I've said before, most people can take a few negs - I always read them, and between the lines as well - the follow up comment gives you plenty of chance to put you complaints in)

But Mike is right Coug plays the system well, so at least you can pretty much guarantee a mutual withdrawal!!

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2039
Joined: Aug 28, 2006
Last Visit: Jul 14, 2019
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:10 am 
 

I actually just let it pass. I have spent most of the last ten years living in a developing country. In 2001 (and 2002) I spent about five months back in Australia, rediscovered my old RPG stuff and got into collecting. I bought a whole heap of stuff in 2001, and that was the last item I purchased. It arrived just a week before I went back overseas (which was rather sudden actually) - so I took the hit and learned a valuable lesson for the future re: pencil marks!!!

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 752
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada, eh?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:59 pm 
 

Yeah, I always email sellers to ask about smoke-free condition and about any writing. I've had auctions say stuff like "A bit of writing", and then get a module that's covered in highlighter.

 WWW  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:36 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:... because it is so clear that he reads everything posted here.

Too right. He reads every word ... don'tcha, Cougie? :)

 WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1