Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 33 of 112123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:43 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I don't get it. :?   Unless flamesong is your buying ID?

Wont get at a decent price due to the hitters that are on it now

Same with the other one posted by bclarkie

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-10th-Anniverser ... ZWDVWQQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Dont you all have one or two or three already?

Give us little fish a chance :cry:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Last edited by Kosh Vorlontay on Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:43 pm 

Fantasy Forest, complete, $27 incl. shipping, 1+ hour left:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Extremely nice looking 10th Anniversary collectors set:

Granted the item itself is a major disappointment, but they are pretty hard to find.  I think that I have seen a total of 3 sell in the last 3 years and two of them were Draco's.

Hey BClarkie,

Just curious as to why you feel the 10th Anniversary set is a "major" disappointment. Is it due to the fact that there is nothing unique, rare, or collectible in it?

Thanks in Advance,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:03 pm 

Is it due to the fact that there is nothing unique, rare, or collectible in it?

Nothing interesting, might be the better word. That's certainly my impression. You're paying hundreds of dollars for the case and for a couple of pens?

Even those 10th Anniversary shrinkwrapped module sets hold more appeal...

Last edited by Sea-to-sky-games on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:04 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:
Hey BClarkie,

Just curious as to why you feel the 10th Anniversary set is a "major" disappointment. Is it due to the fact that there is nothing unique, rare, or collectible in it?

Thanks in Advance,

Its disappointing because that its not all that interesting.  Its not even a two piece box that opens and closes, its just a cheap fake leather box with one side missing thats filled with a bunch of overstock items. :?   When I first saw it here on the site, it really kind of captured my fanscination, then actually I bought one from someone privately and lets just say the fascination quickly disapated.  I would much rather spend my money on something far more useful such as a few RPGA or R modules or something along those lines if I was making the decision.

<edit>That thing is already at $500. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Its disappointing because that its not all that interesting.  Its not even a two piece box that opens and closes, its just a cheap fake leather box with one side missing thats filled with a bunch of overstock items. :?   When I first saw it here on the site, it really kind of captured my fanscination, then actually I bought one from someone privately and lets just say the fascination quickly disapated.  I would much rather spend my money on something far more useful such as a few RPGA or R modules or something along those lines if I was making the decision.

Who is bidder 3?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:32 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Who is bidder 3?

If I had to guess, I would say STS.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:44 pm 

If I had to guess, I would say STS.

Yes, my secret ploy is to trash the value of very rare items in the public forum and then bid them up.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:50 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Yes, my secret ploy is to trash the value of very rare items in the public forum and then bid them up.

Dude, a little defensive there?  My guess was based simply on the fact that I actually thought that you were bidding on it.   I did not assume anything by your comment to the question that was asked, as you appeared to be answer the question that was directed towards me from what you thought was my perspective.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

HOLY "PIECE OF DEFICATION" - I would have thought this would have been comparable to the Silver Anniversary set, say $120 +/-

Not $500.00 with 9 Days & 21 Hours left . . . are these people insane :?  8O

Out of my league . . . good night!!

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:06 am 

Dude, a little defensive there?  My guess was based simply on the fact that I actually thought that you were bidding on it.

Well, kind praise, I suppose. Sadly I'm not the high roller shelling out $500 for it. Not that anyone's interested, but I'd probably put the set on par with some of the other TSR anniversary packages.

In my mind, any one thing over $100 (with few exceptions) warrants a considerable investment decision.. not just what I think its worth. Maybe when I own everything under the sun that might change.

I did not assume anything by your comment to the question that was asked, as you appeared to be answer the question that was directed towards me from what you thought was my perspective.

Interesting, I suppose one could read it that way.. that certainly wasn't my intent.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:26 am 

Here's an F115-R Lizard Logo Holmes Basic Set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUNGEONS-DRAGONS-BA ... dZViewItem

Anyone recognize the two orange sheets that are with it?

Seller states "Lastly, there are two orange, (feels like construction paper) price guides for figures with a printed date of 8/12/77 and 10/9/77, (this one is soiled and has a few tears."

Are these TSR price lists or are they from another company?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:33 am 

zhowar wrote:Here's an F115-R Lizard Logo Holmes Basic Set:

Anyone recognize the two orange sheets that are with it?

Seller states "Lastly, there are two orange, (feels like construction paper) price guides for figures with a printed date of 8/12/77 and 10/9/77, (this one is soiled and has a few tears."

Are these TSR price lists or are they from another company?

Here is the best line from that auction:

5 shaped rolling pieces, ( a yellow triangle, an orange square, a light blue hexagon, a twenty sided white piece, and a green octagon.

I believe the seller means, "dice."

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:05 am 

:lol:  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:32 am 

MShipley88 wrote:

Here is the best line from that auction:

5 shaped rolling pieces, ( a yellow triangle, an orange square, a light blue hexagon, a twenty sided white piece, and a green octagon.

I believe the seller means, "dice."

That's the early set of dice. Now wonder when universal colors started coming into play and the dice sizes changed.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:13 pm 

Plaag wrote:
That's the early set of dice. Now wonder when universal colors started coming into play and the dice sizes changed.

ShaneG.

I have a Holmes Wizard Logo set with B1 and those same five dice. Matches the description of a 4th+ print. It seems to be a fairly common arrangement on Ebay. According the Acaeum listing, even the last Holmes set printing (7th) could have the five "rainbow" dice. However, none of the Holmes set printings are listed as having the six "monochrome" dice. (Anybody have one they can verify as original?) Perhaps the six monochrome dice were first ordered/made by TSR in conjunction with the 8th print (Moldvay) and/or the Dragon Dice polyhedral sets?

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/setpages/basic.html

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:34 pm 

The early Holmes basic sets had the multi-color dice.

I noticed monochrome dice...sort of a gray...appearing in the second generation of that set.

What struck me as funny was the terminology....5 shaped rolling pieces

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:07 am 

For the completist:

Warduke costume

Why do we always have to attack uphill?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 33 of 112123 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 110111112