Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 112123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 110111112
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:06 am 

Nice looking OCE with supplements:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:16 am 

VermilionFire wrote:
There was a discussion on this a couple years ago, which is the last time one has been up for auction.  It's a 10th anniversary TSR D&D chess set for employees at the time.  David "Zeb" Cook commented that he had one but it was not for sale.  It's all pewter and only a few dozen or so were produced.  I won the last one for about $550 if I remember correctly.  It's a beautiful set and it even has Gygax's autograph on it.  He signed it "pawn pusher" with his name.  The pix are up on the board somewhere.

Did anyone contact this guy to see who it is that is selling this set?  Might be someone important. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:49 pm 

Here is some cool non-D&D TSR items:

Early print Gamma World Set:

Ends in just over 5 hours and the bid is at $15.55.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knights of Camelot still in Shrink:

Just over 4 days to go and a $10 opening bid

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empire of the Petal Throne:

Just listed about an hour ago, a 10 day auction with a $9.99 opening bid.

Last but certainly not least, a First Printing Boot Hill:

Just over 6 days to go and bid currently stands at $52.00.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:51 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Did anyone contact this guy to see who it is that is selling this set?  Might be someone important. :wink:

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing...  :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:12 pm 

I've always been intrigued by this one:  Battle of Five Armies.  Is it any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battle-of-Five-Armi ... dZViewItem

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:30 pm 

bombadil wrote:I've always been intrigued by this one:  Battle of Five Armies.  Is it any good?

I like it for the TSR art/illustration.  You might prefer to get the edition with the box set for more color art.  I think it's worth a pick up for the TSR D&D collector.  But it's certainly not the only game that deals with the big battle at the end of the Hobbit.  ICE has a boxed game also called Battle of the Five Armies.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:18 pm 

Immortals set in shrink:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:35 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:
I like it for the TSR art/illustration.

Is that artwork by DCSIII? In the auction link, I see the cover with a depiction of the Eagles at the BofFA, and an illustration of Bilbo in Smaug's lair in the center of the booklet. Both like they could be DCSIII. Are there any other illustrations in the booklet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:42 am 

Gangbusters 10th Anniversary Pack

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0081223066

Boot Hill 10th Anniversary Pack

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:50 am 

NetRodent wrote:Gangbusters 10th Anniversary Pack

hmmm.. the 10th anniversary park all came with a yellow flyer in the actual pack themselves, these look like they are just shrinked without that flyer andso ? maybe not one of those pavks (not saying the contents aren't nice and minty, just maybe not 10th anniversary packs thats all)

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:56 am 

NetRodent wrote:Gangbusters 10th Anniversary Pack

These looked like someone just shrinked a bunchof similar items together in their back room. Plus he doesn't take Paypal. Plus his pictures are awful. Looks very suspect.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:05 pm 

Badmike wrote:
These looked like someone just shrinked a bunchof similar items together in their back room. Plus he doesn't take Paypal. Plus his pictures are awful. Looks very suspect.

Mike B.

Tom is actually a good guy.   I have dealt with him several times in the past(as far back as 1999  8O ) and he has always been a great person to buy from.  I will admit that the fact that he doesn't show the front of the package so you can see the 10th Anniversary ad makes it seems suspect though.  Based on my previous dealing with him though, I at this point would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if you are planning on buying either one or both of those.  That said, $85 seems like a bit too much IMHO. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:08 pm 

Lost Tomoachan #204 in a UK auction. 39.99 GDP opening bid with a Reserve on it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lost-Tamoachan-AD-D ... dZViewItem

:D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:05 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Lost Tomoachan #204 in a UK auction. 39.99 GDP opening bid with a Reserve on it:

:D

Yes, and now with eBay's great new system of hidding bidders the fun of watching the bidding war is gone  :evil:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:36 am 

Can anyone here verify the veracity of the seller's claim that "The Dungeons and Dragons rules rules are from Avalon Hill's game library and have "office copy" written in black ink on the first page"?

. . .  

Anyone here previously own this copy and sell it to OogaBoogaCthulhu in Ashburn, VA?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:00 pm 

improvstone wrote:Anyone know anything about this chess set?

Nice win, improvstone!  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  

Part of the fun of eBay was seeing who came in second, third, etc. but that's no longer possible.  :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:09 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:
Nice win, improvstone!  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  
Part of the fun of eBay was seeing who came in second, third, etc. but that's no longer possible.  :roll:

Indeed.  Was it ever revealed who the set originally belonged to?

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:40 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Nice win, improvstone!  I don't think you'll be disappointed.  

Thanks!  I agree.  This eBay crap has ruined the fun of bidding on auctions.  

Supposedly eBay was founded on the idea of an transparent market (ie you could see ones feedback).  By hiding bidders names it lessens the transparency of the market.  

NetRodent wrote:Indeed.  Was it ever revealed who the set originally belonged to?

Yep. The seller is Jay Adams

I sculpted both Kings, both Wizards and the Dwarf pawn. I was a 3-D Sculptor at TSR for just over 2 years, then marketing at Revell/Monogram Models for a while. Then product development for a large collectibles company. I now do freelance development-sculpting-mold making etc.I don't do a lot of fantasy stuff these days, some of the pieces are getting hard for me to see!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 112123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 110111112