Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 112123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:21 pm 

D&D wallet, currently going for $1

** expired/removed eBay auction **

(not as interesting as a 1st print chainmail, mind you, but potentially of interest to someone)

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:31 pm 

Ah, I remember where it went now...... You're right, THAT vault will never crack open.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:26 am 

Oh, let's not be so dramatic.  The vault might crack open sooner than you think... for instance, check the Classifieds section.

Foul

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:13 am 

Damn, Foul, I was just kidding! You know better than to take me seriously!
No need to sell off................

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:31 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Damn, Foul, I was just kidding! You know better than to take me seriously!
No need to sell off................

Back in the early days of the Magic CCG, the original painting of one of the land cards was destroyed in a car accident.  Lord knows what would happen if one of your boxes was damaged or lost in-transit. *shudder*

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:21 am 

FoulFoot wrote:Oh, let's not be so dramatic.  The vault might crack open sooner than you think... for instance, check the Classifieds section.

Foul

8O  8O  :o  :o

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:34 pm 

For the Australians:

J. Eric Holmes FRPG book in Australia. Dust jacket is fairly worn. BIN AU $12.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Holmes-Fantasy-Role ... dZViewItem

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:50 am 

zhowar wrote:For the Australians:

J. Eric Holmes FRPG book in Australia. Dust jacket is fairly worn. BIN AU $12.

Interesting. Has anyone read this book? Is it worth purchasing?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:17 am 

I'll have a read and let you know  :wink:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:13 am 

FoulFoot wrote:Oh, let's not be so dramatic.  The vault might crack open sooner than you think... for instance, check the Classifieds section.

Foul

Are you still going to run the Acaeum then?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:16 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Interesting. Has anyone read this book? Is it worth purchasing?

I have a copy; I suspect that many here have a copy or at least have looked at it at some time. It is one of earliest FRPG intro/survey/review books. It has lots of pictures/photos of TSR products (and other games) but they are all B&W. Last year I put together a JEH Bibliography & added some comments about this book in a follow-up post on Dragonsfoot:
FANTASY ROLE-PLAYING GAMES -- 1981
US -- Hippocrene Books, NY, NY
UK -- Arms & Armour Press, London, UK, 224 page hardback.
-Includes simplified D&D-like rule system and a sample dungeon, "The Eye of Arzaz" on page 47-61, includes a map (pg 57).
-Includes another sample map, unnamed but with the notable feature "Lizard King Throne Room" (pg 38)

I have the UK edition and it's got a nice B&W photo of his basic set on the back cover of the dust jacket.

The sample rules for the Arzaz adventure are very simple. The whole section is between pages 47 and 60. The rules are simple, like a solo gamebook (d6 only) but are designed for one player and one referee. The player can be a Fighter, Magician or Elven Thief. The Magician has four spells (Telekinesis, X-ray Vision, Immobilize, and Bolt of Flame). The characters have strength, intelligence, dexterity, armor, hits, move and damage. There are rules for Saving Throws (including feats of strength, intelligence or dexterity), Equipment and Melee (with a very primitive combat table) as well as searching for secret doors, listening at doors and lighting (torches). Basically similar to the Basic D&D rules, but extremely simplified. The adventure itself is only 6 pages long, including a nice hand-drawn 1 page map. The rooms are lettered A, B, C, etc like in the D&D Basic rulebook. The encounters are more random and oddball than Zenopus' Basement (one of the monsters is Flower Stalks with anesthetic pollen - there's a neurologist for you...). It'd be a fun first adventure for a kid.

The rest of the book is filled with examples of play (D&D, Traveller), the basics of gaming, lots of reviews of different game systems (D&D, Empire of the Petal Throne, Gamma World, Traveller, Boot Hill, Bunnies and Burrows, and more), a nice chapter on painting miniatures, some psychological analysis (Chapter 13 is "Are They All Crazy?"), and how to get started.

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... mes#276860

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:06 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Are you still going to run the Acaeum then?

Yep.  Site's not going anywhere.  I'm actually working on a site update as we speak.  There are very few things I reference my collection on now; 99% of a site update comes from contributors.

Foul

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:41 pm 

Help me out, brothers.  Am I missing something here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Massive-Dungeons-an ... dZViewItem

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:50 pm 

bombadil wrote:Help me out, brothers.  Am I missing something here?

I'm really confused by the one, how come the bid suddenly jumped from

400 to 500... it doesn't say "reserve met" or anything like that??

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:59 pm 

bombadil wrote:Help me out, brothers.  Am I missing something here?

Bombadil!  That collection is a treasure trove of stuff!  I'd love to buy it, but I am sure that it will wind up out of the range of my cash flow budget . . .   :cry:

There are a lot of good items in there and I have it priced out pretty well (but I'll let the other resellers do their own legwork to come up with a total  :D  )

Still . . . there are 270 items in that lot . . . even at only $5.00 each, that would be $1350 in resale value.  (But, the average would be much higher than $5.00 -  I'm sure we can all do the math).

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:04 pm 

FoulFoot wrote: I'm actually working on a site update as we speak.  
Foul

Whaoo! Now the only question is when? :D

Brette:)

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:46 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:Whaoo! Now the only question is when? :D

Brette:)

Whoever buys my collection will receive FIRST NOTIFICATION of the site update!

Foul

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:51 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
Bombadil!  That collection is a treasure trove of stuff!  I'd love to buy it, but I am sure that it will wind up out of the range of my cash flow budget . . .   :cry:

There are a lot of good items in there and I have it priced out pretty well (but I'll let the other resellers do their own legwork to come up with a total  :D  )

Still . . . there are 270 items in that lot . . . even at only $5.00 each, that would be $1350 in resale value.  (But, the average would be much higher than $5.00 -  I'm sure we can all do the math).

The only thing that worries me about that lot are the notes on "highlighting", interior writing, and loose pages.  Nothing like those phrases to get the caution flag up.  And a lot of the choice items are missing the maps. But yeh, even priced out $3 an item, you could go $800 and still (conceivably) make some money on this.  Of course shipping might kill you...

MIke B.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 112123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 110111112