Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 24 of 112123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:07 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:
The same seller also had a 1st print Monster Manual that went to sages_of_the_ages for 9.99 as well.

I noticed after my post that I was watching that as well. I should have gone ahead and set my bids...  :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:09 am 

I'm pretty sure this seller was posted elsewhere a couple of weeks back, but he's got a bunch of Elmore, Caldwell and Easley paintings up for sale, most notably a bunch of the Gazetter covers.

http://toys.search.ebay.com/_Games_W0QQ ... ontreasure

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:14 am 

thehiddenone wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Woodgrain set 3rd printing and some nice extras.

WOW 8O , that looks like a great collection and in very nice condition. Unfortunately, I do not have the financial resources to bid on those treasures, but for what it's worth, I did win something from John (superclarkie) and he was very nice, shipped quickly, and packaged the items as I had asked. Someone is going to be a very happy collector, just not me :cry:

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:19 pm 

I see Aneoth is back?!

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:01 pm 

Yes indeed.  Good for him.

And GREAT for us if he comes back to the boards.  Come on, John!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:11 pm 

Al's got a 2nd print Tricolor up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRICOLOR-RULES-FOR- ... dZViewItem

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:30 pm 

bombadil wrote:Al's got a 2nd print Tricolor up on ebay:

Actually both the 2nd and 3rd state as being '2nd print' but if it has Little Wars listed in the product list then it is the 3rd.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:36 am 

Plaag wrote:
Actually both the 2nd and 3rd state as being '2nd print' but if it has Little Wars listed in the product list then it is the 3rd.

ShaneG.

*comes out of retirement to make a one-off post*

no it doesnt have little wars listed on the product list.

if anyone wants to see a scan of the page or anything, just e-mail / PM me.

thanks

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:36 am 

Unearthed Arcana - Mini-sized

. . .  

Dungeons and Dragons Play Kit - Mint-In-Package

Audio tape, crayons, drawing pad

. . .  

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:21 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I see Aneoth is back?!

Yup......  8)
But only as a very occasional loosing bidder.............  :roll:

Below is a short account of my situation and a short account of the end to my collecting frenzy from a couple of years ago. Many of you already know all of this, and if so please ignore the gibberish below.

Two years ago, I went into business on my own and just before making that plunge, I posted on this forum that I was selling most of my smallish collection of D&D items. :lol:  :wink:

For some reason I got only one serious offer for the lot. (BadMike)  :?:

There were some folks who wanted one or two things, but if I had wanted (Or had the time) to sell that many items one or two at a time, I could have made a MUCH larger stack of money by selling it all on E-Bay. Unfortunately, I could not afford to spend the VAST amount of time that that choice would have taken. After all, I was about to start a new company. There was no time for me to spend as a newbie large scale D&D seller on E-Bay. Not to mention that I had previously only sold around 5 items in my then 3 years as a member of E-Bay.

As I recall, we literally filled up Mike's truck with boxes. The bed AND the cab were completely filled up. I don't think he could see out any of his windows except the driver's side and about a third of the front windshield. I was relieved when he let me know that he had made it home safely with his new purchases……..

So, Mike obtained most of my collection of D&D items. Under the terms of his original offer and my counter offer, I kept a few very rare items for my personal collection. Those items are some the truly rarest that would never again (Or at least seldom) come up for sale at a price I could afford in the future. Such as a Shrink-wrapped Orange B3, an OD&D 2nd print wood grain box in near mint condition with mint books, and an OD&D 4th print white box mint with mint books. I also kept several RPGA modules that I had promised to another collector from this forum. He never followed through though, so I still have those Modules too. Anyway, all of my collection now easily fits into one and a half shelves of a bookcase; a collection that once filled 3 bookcases, a 5 drawer file cabinet, and a closet.

In reality, only someone who could come and get it could have purchased it all without spending a small fortune on shipping costs. Mike was the only person with serious money in hand to even come for a look see. Some of the items he obtained were exceedingly rare and most of the semi-rare items had several copies.

I think Mike was pleased with his purchase. I hope Mike is stilled pleased and I hope that he has had great success in moving those items that he had planned to re-sell.

Anyway, as I had intended from the start, I used the money from the sale to Mike to help finance my family income during the first few months after starting the new company.

I have continued to "lurk" here and on E-Bay, but I only go to E-Bay when I actually have time to spare from the company (an extremely rare occasion) in fact, I did not go to E-Bay again (After the sale) for at least 6 months and I only recently seriously considered bidding on any rare D&D items. I will not even attempt to bid on most items, since I do not intend to get back into collecting on anything resembling the scale that I once did.

BTW: I knew I would not win the Lost Caverns auction, but I really could not help myself………

I was pleased to win a White Dwarf Issue Number One a few days back, but I have not seen it yet.

However, for those who remember my somewhat long term high dollar collecting frenzy from a few years ago should have no fears. Buying and bidding like I once did would force me to spend far too much money and far too much time; and could easily sink a fledgling company such as mine.

Most of my pockets are now quite empty, and will most likely remain so until I win that elusive lotto. But I would not mind dropping some serious money on a very few select and exceedingly rare items.

I shall continue to be that person you will only see on rare occasions bidding on stuff that I will not win. So, nothing has drastically changed in the D&D collecting scene except that there is now one more sucker bidding against the truly deep pockets of the truly serious D&D collectors from the Acaeum.

We all know who they are....  :)   And none of them were ever me......   :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:33 pm 

Not sure if these are combat wheels or not. I've never seen one. 4 hours left in the auction

Why do we always have to attack uphill?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:46 pm 

Onlondore wrote:Not sure if these are combat wheels or not. I've never seen one. 4 hours left in the auction

Not, these are from Dragon.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:32 pm 

With lots of good stuff.

"Good, remember that when next we meet. For I have marked you loudmouth and my axe knows the name of your spirit" ~ Druss the Legend

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:20 pm 

Aneoth wrote:
Yup......  8)
But only as a very occasional loosing bidder.............  :roll:

Below is a short account of my situation and a short account of the end to my collecting frenzy from a couple of years ago. Many of you already know all of this, and if so please ignore the gibberish below.

Two years ago, I went into business on my own and just before making that plunge, I posted on this forum that I was selling most of my smallish collection of D&D items. :lol:  :wink:

For some reason I got only one serious offer for the lot. (BadMike)  :?:

There were some folks who wanted one or two things, but if I had wanted (Or had the time) to sell that many items one or two at a time, I could have made a MUCH larger stack of money by selling it all on E-Bay. Unfortunately, I could not afford to spend the VAST amount of time that that choice would have taken. After all, I was about to start a new company. There was no time for me to spend as a newbie large scale D&D seller on E-Bay. Not to mention that I had previously only sold around 5 items in my then 3 years as a member of E-Bay.

As I recall, we literally filled up Mike's truck with boxes. The bed AND the cab were completely filled up. I don't think he could see out any of his windows except the driver's side and about a third of the front windshield. I was relieved when he let me know that he had made it home safely with his new purchases……..

One of the happiest days of my life....I think we both got what we wanted out of the deal.  It took a long, long time to sort through all the goodies.  I still have a few of the cooler items (the Gygax signed white box and original supplements, some of the early Dragon mags) but most have gone far, far away by now. If I remember correct almost all of the best items went to Acaeum members, so they all got good homes!  Glad you are back on the forum if not completely back into the collecting game....your knowledge was missed!  

No one who was here will ever forget the guy who jumped into the scene by bidding on and buying EVERY white box on Ebay for a period of a few months...and at least you still have the really, really hard to find goodies if you ever wanted to start over.  Let's face it, everything I got could be easily replaced in a few months with some deep pockets.. :D The stuff you still have is practically irreplacable with prices nowadays.
 Didn't you also keep a 1st print Chainmail? I seem to remember you keeping one of these.
   Glad to have you back!  
   BTW, you should see KingofPain's collection now!   I think he's going to end up burying both of us with sheer volume!!!! I was over at his place New Year's Eve and he's got stuff even I don't have!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:44 pm 

Badmike wrote:  Didn't you also keep a 1st print Chainmail? I seem to remember you keeping one of these.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.  I've been trying to remember where I heard that.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:56 am 

I believe he had my old one.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:52 am 

Badmike wrote:BTW, you should see KingofPain's collection now!   I think he's going to end up burying both of us with sheer volume!!!! I was over at his place New Year's Eve and he's got stuff even I don't have!

Mike B.

Bah!  Mike has more stuff that he has forgotten about than I will ever have.  :wink:   My problem is I don't stick to just one thing so pretty much everything is common as hell.  And now that I have pretty much ran out of room to put stuff I have to make a decision:  1) Start selling off comics that I will never look at again, or 2) Buy a bigger house.  I doubt the second one will happen for a while so I will probably start selling the comics....or at least move them to a different location.

Glad to hear that you are doing well Aneoth.  :D

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:18 am 

bombadil wrote:
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.  I've been trying to remember where I heard that.

I still have a second edition Chainmail and it is in near mint condition, but the first edition Chainmail is long gone.

I traded my First Edition Chainmail several months before BadMike and I did our deal. I got several items that before then were (For some reason) tuff for me to find (I know I am an idiot, none of them were tougher than a first edition Chainmail is).

That First Edition Chainmail went to a very active collector who is also a member of this forum. However; he indicated that he preferred that our deal remain unadvertised. If his name is ever given as the current owner of that Chainmail then it must be by his choice alone. And Yes, I am quite sure that it is still in his possession.

He is far smarter than I am and I can't imagine ANY scenario (Other than theft or disaster) that would include it ever leaving his collection.

* Kicks own butt ...........    again * :(

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 24 of 112123 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 110111112