Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 112123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 110111112
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:38 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Yeah, I've got "Don't give up the ship" set as one of my favorite searches, and ebay emails me evertime one of those damned "Commodore Perry" things comes up for auction... :lol:

:D   On a slightly more serious note, though . . . can't you set the search to:

Don't give up the ship -perry

the minus sign can be used unlimited times in regular ebay searching to block results with the keyword after the minus sign.  I assume the same would hold true with favorite searches?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:11 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
What strikes me as odd is the ending price on those items.  Don't get me wrong, I don't recall the last time I saw a copy of Fast Rules on Ebay so it is hard for me to speculate.  But Hardtack doesnt usually go for over $100 IIRC does it?  Or am I thinking of something else like Ironclad?  And there was a Guidon DGUTS up about a month ago that was in just as nice condition that went for only $50.  Even with the TSR version along with it that price seems quite high.

And this being the week before xmas I would think people would be spending their money elsewhere.  I guess I should say I was HOPING people would be spending their money elsewhere.  :wink:

Both those items sold for more than they usually do.... I have a copy of both that set me back maybe $20 or so each. I think Noble Knight had a few copies of Ironclad for sale at $18. These two are isolated cases of Fantasymuseum and Lofenloc going head to head.

What's really interesting is that after FM won the Fast Play rules for $167.50 at 19:00, he bid $164.99 seven minutes later on Hardtack, making sure Lofenloc paid the maximum. I guess he was pissed at being pushed that high on the first auction, and figured Lofenloc had the same high bid on the second. A little bitchy, but as my wife says, it takes balls.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:16 pm 

mdr003 wrote:
What's really interesting is that after FM won the Fast Play rules for $167.50 at 19:00, he bid $164.99 seven minutes later on Hardtack, making sure Lofenloc paid the maximum. I guess he was pissed at being pushed that high on the first auction, and figured Lofenloc had the same high bid on the second. A little bitchy, but as my wife says, it takes balls.

Regards

Mike

Most likely due to snipes set days before the auction ended.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:24 pm 

mdr003 wrote:
Both those items sold for more than they usually do.... I have a copy of both that set me back maybe $20 or so each. I think Noble Knight had a few copies of Ironclad for sale at $18. These two are isolated cases of Fantasymuseum and Lofenloc going head to head.

Regards

Mike

Actually it was not me who pushed him high in the first auction so I am not sure why he picked on me.

I was a little miffed. :x

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:12 pm 

IttyBitty wrote:
Actually it was not me who pushed him high in the first auction so I am not sure why he picked on me.

I was a little miffed. :x

Not the DGUTS, Lance - the Fast Rules auction was where you were the underbidder at $165, before being pushed on the Hardtack.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:09 pm 

Not sure if anyone is interested, but here is a listing for a third (3rd) printing of the First (1st) edition Monster Manual:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

In addition, the listing has a DMG and FF for a total of $9.99, plus S&H.

Good Luck,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:03 am 

mdr003 wrote:
Not the DGUTS, Lance - the Fast Rules auction was where you were the underbidder at $165, before being pushed on the Hardtack.

Regards

Mike

Oops, Thats what I ment..... :oops:

It was late, I was miffed....

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:12 pm 

...early (first?) print gamma world set in nice condition.

two days and a bit to go.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:00 pm 

Eberron (sp?) GenCon 2006 tournies, all four rounds for sale:

eBay listings

Master set with $9.99 BIN:

Same seller has various toy catalogs dating back to 1977 that mention D&D, too.

5 sealed EPT minis boosters:  $20 min bid, $100 BIN:

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:32 pm 

Two 1989 Gen Con programs:

Shrink'd REF2 (2nd Edition version) with $3 BIN:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:35 pm 

This is an odd lot of items and their conditions are unclear, but I thought that some people might be interested in the AC1 & AC2 that are within the mix, as well as the City State Shops directory. There is less than 24 hours to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=020

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:59 pm 

Ifearyeti, looks like a good catch on that 1st print PH for $10. I missed it while eating.  :( Hey the meal was at one of those Brazilian all you can eat meat places, and my boss man paid, so no regrets   :D Cheers

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:39 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0068804304

Softback MM

I had to do a search here in the forum to believe what I was seeing. I imagine there's some nostalgia for the UK folks who may have had one back in the day. It doesn't look right though :)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:43 pm 

brute wrote:

Softback MM

I had to do a search here in the forum to believe what I was seeing. I imagine there's some nostalgia for the UK folks who may have had one back in the day. It doesn't look right though :)

In the school rpg club we thought that the guys that had these soft back books were second class citizens, comparing them very unfavourably to our shiny hardbacks  (I also thought that the fighting wheels that a few of them had were crap - just goes to show what I know!)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:49 am 

brute wrote:

Softback MM

Unfortunately, almost all of the softback books that come up seem to have been taped or covered in some manner.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:30 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:This is an odd lot of items and their conditions are unclear, but I thought that some people might be interested in the AC1 & AC2 that are within the mix, as well as the City State Shops directory. There is less than 24 hours to go:

Looks interesting  . . . BTW, I noticed one of the PC character sheets had "AD&D GAME 2" in the upper left corner; is that a one-off code or is/was there any more similarly coded?  Also, was there any difference between those PC sheets and the ones that were in AC1, and how hard to find is the "AD&D GAME 2"-coded PC record sheets?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:31 pm 

brute wrote:Ifearyeti, looks like a good catch on that 1st print PH for $10. I missed it while eating.  :( Hey the meal was at one of those Brazilian all you can eat meat places, and my boss man paid, so no regrets   :D Cheers
The same seller also had a 1st print Monster Manual that went to sages_of_the_ages for 9.99 as well.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:47 pm 

Woodgrain set 3rd printing and some nice extras.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 23 of 112123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 110111112