Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 112123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 110111112
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:27 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

No Paypal, No International shipping, No pictures.  A decent gamble for $5.00, though.

I'll start the bidding off . . .  :)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:12 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:

No Paypal, No International shipping, No pictures.  A decent gamble for $5.00, though.

Gotta say, I love the guy's auction photos.  Some of them are really cool.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:25 pm 

I read this auction and all I can hear is the gentle sound of tapps in the distance...so sad :cry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-3-Old-DnD-AD ... dZViewItem

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:30 pm 

Decent start on a collection:

Thats a lot of stuff!

(Can you say tax return :) )

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:41 pm 

It is an indication of the perils of RPG collecting that an Acaeum member could refer to an auction starting at $1500...and including a huge percentage of all modules and first edition game books ever published...as "a decent start on a collection."   :lol:

I wonder if they have the equivalent of nicotine patches for RPG collecting?

Oh, wait!  They call them, "wives!"    :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:57 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:It is an indication of the perils of RPG collecting that an Acaeum member could refer to an auction starting at $1500...and including a huge percentage of all modules and first edition game books ever published...as "a decent start on a collection."   :lol:

Damn...doesn't anyone recognize sarcasm anymore...geez :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:30 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
Damn...doesn't anyone recognize sarcasm anymore...geez :roll:

The thing is...you see...

No.  I didn't recognize sarcasm.  That's how bad it is.   8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:33 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Oh, wait!  They call them, "wives!"    :x

Too true, too true.  True, too.  :lol:

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:00 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:I read this auction and all I can hear is the gentle sound of tapps in the distance...so sad :cry:

They got me with the part about the haunted screams.   :oops:

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:20 pm 

A 3rd or 4th print 3rd edition Chainmail

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... osi_widget

Ending soon!

Rules for DON'T GIVE UP THE Miniature WARGAMES (SAIL)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rules-for-DONT-GIVE ... dZViewItem

FAST RULES for Miniature Table-top Battles

HARDTACK Miniature American Civil War Rules

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:30 pm 

dbartman wrote:A 3rd or 4th print 3rd edition Chainmail

It's a fourth, seller sent the product list to me. Matched another 4th's product list.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:16 am 

stumbling tiger wrote:Just had a second look at the auction, and I was wrong!  :oops:   This is the second edition of DragonQuest, but in a box -- I've never seen that before, only the white books (hardbound & softcover).  This may well be a rarity.

well, i won the auction and within a couple of days i'll be able to tell you exactly what's in there! :D

ciaooo

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:20 am 

dbartman wrote:
Rules for DON'T GIVE UP THE Miniature WARGAMES (SAIL)

Damn, I swear I've been searching EVERY DAY for the past month or so for a nice DGUTS...how did I miss that?!

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:45 am 

bombadil wrote:
Damn, I swear I've been searching EVERY DAY for the past month or so for a nice DGUTS...how did I miss that?!

What strikes me as odd is the ending price on those items.  Don't get me wrong, I don't recall the last time I saw a copy of Fast Rules on Ebay so it is hard for me to speculate.  But Hardtack doesnt usually go for over $100 IIRC does it?  Or am I thinking of something else like Ironclad?  And there was a Guidon DGUTS up about a month ago that was in just as nice condition that went for only $50.  Even with the TSR version along with it that price seems quite high.

And this being the week before xmas I would think people would be spending their money elsewhere.  I guess I should say I was HOPING people would be spending their money elsewhere.  :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:18 pm 

bombadil wrote:

It could be because the seller didn't bother to include the word "Ship" in his title.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:32 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
It could be because the seller didn't bother to include the word "Ship" in his title.

Yeah, I've got "Don't give up the ship" set as one of my favorite searches, and ebay emails me evertime one of those damned "Commodore Perry" things comes up for auction... :lol:

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:38 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Yeah, I've got "Don't give up the ship" set as one of my favorite searches, and ebay emails me evertime one of those damned "Commodore Perry" things comes up for auction... :lol:

:D   On a slightly more serious note, though . . . can't you set the search to:

Don't give up the ship -perry

the minus sign can be used unlimited times in regular ebay searching to block results with the keyword after the minus sign.  I assume the same would hold true with favorite searches?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:11 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
What strikes me as odd is the ending price on those items.  Don't get me wrong, I don't recall the last time I saw a copy of Fast Rules on Ebay so it is hard for me to speculate.  But Hardtack doesnt usually go for over $100 IIRC does it?  Or am I thinking of something else like Ironclad?  And there was a Guidon DGUTS up about a month ago that was in just as nice condition that went for only $50.  Even with the TSR version along with it that price seems quite high.

And this being the week before xmas I would think people would be spending their money elsewhere.  I guess I should say I was HOPING people would be spending their money elsewhere.  :wink:

Both those items sold for more than they usually do.... I have a copy of both that set me back maybe $20 or so each. I think Noble Knight had a few copies of Ironclad for sale at $18. These two are isolated cases of Fantasymuseum and Lofenloc going head to head.

What's really interesting is that after FM won the Fast Play rules for $167.50 at 19:00, he bid $164.99 seven minutes later on Hardtack, making sure Lofenloc paid the maximum. I guess he was pissed at being pushed that high on the first auction, and figured Lofenloc had the same high bid on the second. A little bitchy, but as my wife says, it takes balls.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 22 of 112123 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 110111112