Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 112123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:37 am 

A french TSR game, based on the cartoon "Dungeons & Dragons" and distributed by Transecom:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I don't know if it exists a US version.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:16 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:...wasn't someone collecting cups at one stage?

Yup - that was me - but ceramic mugs only, not the plastic stuff.  Thanks though - do let me know if you see any more or if anyone has any for sale...?  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:37 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Another 75gram module up. This time for auction

Perhaps it would be best if you labeled your post correctly. :wink:   Lumberjaques has up another Lost Caverns of Tsojconth.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:37 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Perhaps it would be best if you labeled your post correctly. :wink:   Lumberjaques has up another Lost Caverns of Tsojconth.

That's where I got mine, and it is a SWEEEEET copy.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:16 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:Another 75gram module up. This time for auction

Isn't that the third one he's sold this year? Are you sure they're not fakes? Would be pretty easy to run off copies and sell them.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:31 pm 

Clyde Caldwell painting on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Clyde-Caldwell-Orig ... dZViewItem

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:35 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Clyde Caldwell painting on ebay

Martin

He actually has several other paintings from TSR people.  Prices IMO are all way OTT, but still pretty neat to see what the originals look like by themselves

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:15 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Isn't that the third one he's sold this year? Are you sure they're not fakes? Would be pretty easy to run off copies and sell them.

Not likely.  He was a MDG guy back in the day. Probably has a small stack of the "extras" that did not sell. I have conversed with him via email and all seems legit.

You have to understand that back then, we just loaded our cars with convention "stuff" and showed up and ran the conventions. When it was over we quickly packed all the "junk" up and hauled it out. There was no inventory at all - with the single exception of cash and registration materials.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:55 pm 

Keep in mind that years ago 10 Tsojconths were allegedly found in a store cleanout.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:58 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
Not likely.  He was a MDG guy back in the day. Probably has a small stack of the "extras" that did not sell. I have conversed with him via email and all seems legit.

You have to understand that back then, we just loaded our cars with convention "stuff" and showed up and ran the conventions. When it was over we quickly packed all the "junk" up and hauled it out. There was no inventory at all - with the single exception of cash and registration materials.

Well all, I am new to all this and up to this time I have kept my budget per item at $30 max.  And I have officially bid on this puppy! Thanks wifey!  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:11 am 

Well as a newbie maybe we could hold back on bidding and let you pick this one up cheap.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:46 am 

bclarkie wrote
Perhaps it would be best if you labeled your post correctly.

Didn't want to get the trumpets out for it as those that have been reading the thread would be able to guess from earlier over the page.  :wink:

Can't just give the item, that would be too easy  :lol:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:00 am 

brogleo wrote:
Well all, I am new to all this and up to this time I have kept my budget per item at $30 max.  And I have officially bid on this puppy! Thanks wifey!  :D

Wait...brogleo and bbarsh are married?  I had no idea...

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:54 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Clyde Caldwell painting on ebay

Martin

The sellers are big-time TSR art collectors, and sellers.  They own all three Dragonlance Elmore book cover paintings, and some other really nice choice pieces.  Some of the prices are very high, such as the Parkinson Gamma World piece for $18,000, but the other Parkinson at $6,000 is about the going rate.  This Caldwell at $4.500 is perhaps just a tad high, $4,000 for a choice Caldwell is about right.  Wouldn't BadMike like to have this piece since he likes Undermountain so much?   :wink:

The Book of Lairs Elmore for $3,500 is a pretty reasonable price, the other Elmore at $6,000 seems a bit high.  Whenever Brom puts pieces up for sale on his website they sell like the proverbial hotcakes, and they're not cheap (the paintings that is).  

In any case, there's only one of the original paintings and seeing them in person makes one realize how vibrant and awe-inspring they are from some truly incredible talents.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:26 pm 

bombadil wrote:
Wait...brogleo and bbarsh are married?  I had no idea...

Hey! If I win with the current bid of $202, I'd marry just about anybody!
(I can safely say that because there is no way it will stay at this price...) :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:29 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:
The sellers are big-time TSR art collectors, and sellers.  They own all three Dragonlance Elmore book cover paintings, and some other really nice choice pieces.  Some of the prices are very high, such as the Parkinson Gamma World piece for $18,000, but the other Parkinson at $6,000 is about the going rate.  This Caldwell at $4.500 is perhaps just a tad high, $4,000 for a choice Caldwell is about right.  Wouldn't BadMike like to have this piece since he likes Undermountain so much?   :wink:
The Book of Lairs Elmore for $3,500 is a pretty reasonable price, the other Elmore at $6,000 seems a bit high.  Whenever Brom puts pieces up for sale on his website they sell like the proverbial hotcakes, and they're not cheap (the paintings that is).  
In any case, there's only one of the original paintings and seeing them in person makes one realize how vibrant and awe-inspring they are from some truly incredible talents.

Ha ha... :D  But actually it's a beautiful piece, I'd love to have it, and the price ($4500) isn't that over the top.  Honestly if I had some room on my credit cards I'd probably go for a piece in the $4-$5k range.  Like you said, there's only one available....these would make very nice investments.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:30 pm 

VermilionFire,

I thought it was "dragontreasure" and not "Sadie and Diamond" who had the Dragonlance Elmore pieces?  

"dragontreasure" sold a Parkinson painting to an Illustration Exchange member this summer, no?

Regards,
l.j.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:31 am 

I think it's the same people. You can get a Caldwell for a bit less directly from him. It's hard to find certain paintings though. I got B9 from another dealer who has some super nice Caldwells for $$$.
I want to get a Dragon cover but it's still going to be $$$ after I wheel and deal off a few K...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 20 of 112123 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 110111112