Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 112123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 110111112
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:33 pm 

Shrink wrapped AD&D Dungeon Invaders set.

It is selling with a reserve.

I don't like the way this is offered for sale either; "Bid on it before I change my mind." Seems like something is not quite right . . .

Why do we always have to attack uphill?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:42 pm 

bclarkie wrote:They pimped it here in the classifeds.  I absolutely love when we get users out of nowhere join, make one post in the classifieds section and the never see or hear form them again. :roll:   Anyway as Mark points out S&H is $100, which is absolutely ridiculous even for a lot of that size.  I am betting actual shipping is probably half of that by media mail.  Secondly, the fact that its a private auction means that I and a lot of other people) wouldn't bid on it regardless of what is in it.  All said though, I would say maybe $300 to $400 total.

That's about the price I thought, but I don't know a lot about the 2nd ed stuff.
I asked the seller about picking up the stuff instead of having it shipped, and he said he would still need to charge a $19.95 'pick-up fee'.  :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:28 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:and he said he would still need to charge a $19.95 'pick-up fee'.  :(

That's pretty dumb.

If you think the shipping is bad for the US, he's asking over $200 to ship to Canada, heheh. My snipe was in at $380 (170), and that's about where I'd draw the line as a reseller. If someoen in the US could get it for $250 or so, it'd be an ok buy.

Still, the guy's attitude has me leery.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:13 pm 

Gus Landt wrote:I didn't see this one mentioned, so if it was already, please forgive me.  :)

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Anyone have any estimates on a value for that lot?  Looks like most of the super mods are in it.  I don't see any 'big ticket' items hidden in there, but plenty of solid basics.

What is it worth as a lot?  What could a knowledgable seller get for all of it by breaking it up into individual lots?

Interestingly, he uses the the same grading criteria that BTB uses, word-for-word

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:19 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
Interestingly, he uses the the same grading criteria that BTB uses, word-for-word

I am surprised that BTB didn't mention that himself.  Perhaps he didn't even notice.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:23 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I am surprised that BTB didn't mention that himself.  Perhaps he didn't even notice.

I noticed . . . but I see it on ebay from time to time.  Likely, they took it word for word from the Acaeum and not my descriptions (I wrote them up for myself and the Acaeum and Scott asked if it was okay to use them).

Granted, I don't give credit to the Acaeum in my descriptions as I wrote them . . . but for everyone else a simple "Thanks to the Acaeum" would be the very least they could do.   :roll:   I used to email people sometimes, but I don't bother anymore.  At least they are trying to use grading standards.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:23 pm 

To anybody knowledgeable in this area:
Can you change your ebay id and still retain your feedback rating?

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:25 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:To anybody knowledgeable in this area:

If you change your username you have to keep the same feedback rating and comments.  

If you start a new ID, you have to start at Zero.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:26 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:To anybody knowledgeable in this area:

Yar. The rating will "follow" the new ID.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:07 pm 

Your new ID gets a little 'sunglasses' icon for a while to show it's a changed ID.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:03 pm 

Excellent....I was starting to get tired of my ebay handle...time for a change....at least I will still be at 100%

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:52 am 

bclarkie wrote:Interesting way to try and get a seller to ship internationally Ian:

:?

TBH I don't have the money right now to snag things, and I've always been more inclined to spash out on non-TSR stuff anyways. I just wanted to open up the bidding for everyone.

If the prices stay low, I may have a shot at it, and I might throw a bid on a few of his other auctions, but I probably won't end up with anything. And with Lance and Mark's money in the market, I'm finding it hard to meet the prices of today's non-TSR too. Was a time when my only worry was that Kynan would throw in a last minute bid. I guess those days are gone.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:22 pm 

I feel the same way.  I don't remember Lance or Kynan being so aggressive in the nonTSR market a year ago.  Now it seems if they want an item, they are willing to pay more than double my bid.

Here is their latest epic Ebay battle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0051855081

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:32 pm 

Mars wrote:I feel the same way.  I don't remember Lance or Kynan being so aggressive in the nonTSR market a year ago.  Now it seems if they want an item, they are willing to pay more than double my bid.

8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:12 pm 

Mars wrote:I feel the same way.  I don't remember Lance or Kynan being so aggressive in the nonTSR market a year ago.  Now it seems if they want an item, they are willing to pay more than double my bid.

That's a really cool looking item though.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:46 pm 

I thought I was bidding high on that. I bet Christophe is pleased.
Does anyone else have a copy or is that the copy Aaron (Noble Knight Games) sold? I'd like details for Afterglow2 and it would be good to know it wasn't verging on unique.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:04 am 

Original Larry Elmore art - ends in 21 hrs -

This was used as an interior piece in the Boot Hill module BH5 Range War!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:29 am 

Looks a bit like the ToEE bar scene, IIRC.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 15 of 112123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 110111112