Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 112123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:47 am 

Badmike wrote:
I think the "Acaeum Values" are about to be folded, spindled and mutilated.  Either we are witnessing a perfect storm of newbie bidders/unique product, or there is realy a paradigm shift going on with the bottom line on the worth of these items....

Mike B.

Prices really are crawling up again. Of the many hundreds of first and early second edition items, I have about 50 more to get. My collection now stands at about 530 pieces. Yesterday, I went through this list and searched title by title for the items I do not have - have not done this for a long time. Just about every item with a BIN was 50% over the Acaeum NM price.

Auctions seem to be often acheiveing these BIN set levels. Of course this is generally speaking. You can still get good deals especially in lots. The only reasonable prices were by some of the Sellers who are based here at the Acaeum.

I have noticed a similar trend in second hand books in general. The standard price for a second hand SciFi title here used to be about $5. The cheaper stores are now $7.50 and I went into a big second hand store the other day and all its SciFi titles were $10! Maybe it is just that general inflation is now having an impact?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:47 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I have noticed a similar trend in second hand books in general. The standard price for a second hand SciFi title here used to be about $5. The cheaper stores are now $7.50 and I went into a big second hand store the other day and all its SciFi titles were $10! Maybe it is just that general inflation is now having an impact?

I can't say anything about inflation in the US, but I can surely say that in Italy prices for collectible games - especially boardgames and RPGs - are MOST definitely on the rise  :D . Sometimes, the rise is very significant and I detect a growing interest in not D&D/AD&D books in English too. For example, I do a brisk selling in Vampire the Masquerade, Vampire the Dark Ages and World of Darkness core rulebooks and sourcebooks not translated into Italian. But the main interest is in the old Italian language games, especially old RPGs. My informed opinion is that in 2007 prices have DOUBLED if compared to 2006. That old staple of collecting, the D&D Set 1 Basic Rules boxed set has now a lower average price because there has been a flood od sellers cashing in, but many other books are doing really nicely. I think this is due to a high influx of new collectors on the market, courtesy of various gaming sites, and people deciding that after completing their Italian language OD&D collections they could bid on something else (the collecting bug and the eBay bug are really dangerous for wallets!). Gamebooks prices are on the rise too - there are a couple of sites entirely devoted to them where collectors point to the community interesting auctions and cause a mad rush for the rarest items hmmm, this sound familiar...  :P ).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:48 am 

I wonder where Cougie got this from

** expired/removed eBay auction **

What a crappy picture, no description of condition.  WHat a moron!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:54 pm 

When I first started collecting and was still an Ebay Noob, I bought an RPGA module from Cougie. His dexcription stated EXC condition - a few light pencil marks only. When I received it, it had heavy indented pencil marks throughout the module. In fact I do not own another module with so much writing. I was ripped off. So with that description, it probably has texta drawings throughout it!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:05 pm 

R3 Egg of the Phoenix in a large lot, $350, 1 hour 45 minutes to go:

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:37 pm 

bloodstone stuff - missing just one vutal ingredient!!

(£150 BIN!!!!)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:40 pm 

Dragon mags - says it includes no. 1 but I can't seem to see it in the picture (I could be being blind so look yourself) - Picture also has some Dungeon mags so maybe questons in order

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/180-AD-D-DRAGON-M ... dZViewItem

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:50 am 

gyg wrote:Dragon mags - says it includes no. 1 but I can't seem to see it in the picture (I could be being blind so look yourself) - Picture also has some Dungeon mags so maybe questons in order

I see Dungeon #21 in the top row, which accounts for at least one of the low-numbered issues:

The lot includes the following issues: 1, 4, 21, 24-38...

Looking at the other covers in the lot, I have a feeling that most, if not all, of the <#50 stuff is Dungeons. Granted, that would include Dungeon #1 and 4, but considering most of the issues are well into the hundreds, it's not that great of a bargain for whoever jumped on the BIN for $250 (+$40 shipping)!

"i consider myslef lucky that i am not in your clicky web site stainers one & all" - littleprincessfreya aka cougarrinard

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:50 am 

schief wrote:Looking at the other covers in the lot, I have a feeling that most, if not all, of the <#50 stuff is Dungeons. Granted, that would include Dungeon #1 and 4, but considering most of the issues are well into the hundreds, it's not that great of a bargain for whoever jumped on the BIN for $250 (+$40 shipping)!

I really think that the earlier issues are for Dungeon Mag too in which case this is way overpriced.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:04 am 

Mars wrote:
I really think that the earlier issues are for Dungeon Mag too in which case this is way overpriced.

I am pretty sure its even worse than that.  There is a distinct picture Dragon Magazine Annual #1 in that picture that is clearly not listed in the description, thus I think the seller is refering to that as Dragon Magazine #1.  I think that its a good bet that the "Dragon Magazine #4" is also an Annual, and not even Dungeon #4. With the $40 S&H fee, thats like a $30 lot of magazines there.

I don't feel an ounce of pity for the winner though, as he has seen fit to do his best to drive up all the prices up on early Dragons for his own nefarious puropses recently, so he gets what he desreves.  Funny how things work out like that....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:30 am 

Here's one with Dragon issues 1-6 (2 number 6's)

Currently @ $US96 with worldwide shipping  :D

thedragonmagazinecollector is current highest bidder though.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm 

Probably more kitsch than collectible, but this guy has some great plastic D&D figs  :D

http://toys.search.ebay.com/_Games_W0QQ ... sZoldsberg

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:02 am 

job lot - an assortment of odds and ends but includes Forgotten Realms Kidnapped, which can be tough to find

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:25 am 

Heres something for the Judges Guild aficionados :lol: .

Citadel of fire - also various other Judges Guild items mixed among some basic modules and box sets.

The Fringe Dweller returns to the realm of shadows - his rule absolute 8) .

Keeper of the Arcane

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:51 am 

Anyone desperate for a PoVQ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 am 

bombadil wrote:Anyone desperate for a PoVQ?

hold on... even my copy has not the copyright page (even though the intro page is present...)!?!? is this a case or not???

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:41 am 

aia wrote:
hold on... even my copy has not the copyright page (even though the intro page is present...)!?!? is this a case or not???

I have a copy with the copyright page and one without!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:31 pm 

bombadil wrote:Anyone desperate for a PoVQ?

I noticed this in the auction description:

I don't expect this item to sell at this price unless someone really wants this item.
I am placing this item in my store to "draw attention" (ie: advertise)

In my opinion this is one of those "business tactics" that has the possibility to backfire on Doug.  There have been several sellers over the years that have had some great items in their stores but their prices were much higher than the normal range that one might expect.  Needless to say, this could lead the potential buyer to bypass the seller altogether because of an assumption that the majority of the items in the seller's store are similarly high priced even if they aren't.

One of the very reasons that creep1962 was so maligned on this forum (that AND also because he was a complete asshole) and one of the reasons that I will never buy anything from Troll and Toad.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 112123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 110111112