Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 112123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:04 am 

gyg wrote:

His about me page is frankly quite odd indeed - strange chap!

Yikes! All a bit weird.  I imagine a dark musty house with a lot of guns and stuffed animal heads on the wall.  8O

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:31 am 

red_bus wrote:
Yikes! All a bit weird.  I imagine a dark musty house with a lot of guns and stuffed animal heads on the wall.  8O

LOL.  I've been there.  Nice yard outside.  Tons of computer stuff. Garage stuffed with computers, D&D stuff, old minis, etc. Pretty typical gamers abode except for the over the top computer setup (something like seven servers?  Triple screen viewers?) Typical computer nerd hangout.  Didn't spot any guns or animal heads, but being as this is Texas, they were probably in the master bathroom :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:42 am 

Badmike wrote:
...but being as this is Texas, they were probably in the master bathroom :D

Mike B.

:lol:  Personal hygiene and personal protection all in the one room!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 pm 

red_bus wrote:
:lol:  Personal hygiene and personal protection all in the one room!

You never know when you might need a gun while sitting on the crapper.  Look at what happened to John Travolta in Pulp Fiction.  PDT_Armataz_01_35

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:54 pm 

Mars wrote:
Okay Frank, what is the distinction between the 3 printings?  I have only identified 2.  One has a lizard logo on the box cover, the other has no logo on the box cover but a wizard logo on the back of the box with a description.

The 1st printing has the F105 code and a blank white box bottom. The 2nd print has the F105 code and the box bottom has the contents pictured with a description. The 3rd print has the 1004 code. Hope this helps. Frank may also have additional info.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:25 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote:
The 1st printing has the F105 code and a blank white box bottom. The 2nd print has the F105 code and the box bottom has the contents pictured with a description. The 3rd print has the 1004 code. Hope this helps. Frank may also have additional info.

Thanks!  Its a bit of a hassle finding the different prints where the cover is the same but the back is different.  Dungeon! has a number of these too.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:41 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:

Well there is an alternative sale currently listed for Strategic Reviews

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I think it might be time to move this one to the silliest price thread.  Wow!  It really does make me think about selling mine off too.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:47 pm 

Wow. Forty Three bids. I see that Seller7 has bid up in increments until he can see Bidder4's highest bid and is now just sitting there beneath him.

Yes. It is now up to $45 per issue - about 20% over the Acaeum values - be interesting to see where it ends up.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:07 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Wow. Forty Three bids. I see that Seller7 has bid up in increments until he can see Bidder4's highest bid and is now just sitting there beneath him.

Yes. It is now up to $45 per issue - about 20% over the Acaeum values - be interesting to see where it ends up.

I think the "Acaeum Values" are about to be folded, spindled and mutilated.  Either we are witnessing a perfect storm of newbie bidders/unique product, or there is realy a paradigm shift going on with the bottom line on the worth of these items....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:12 am 

Badmike wrote:
I think the "Acaeum Values" are about to be folded, spindled and mutilated.  Either we are witnessing a perfect storm of newbie bidders/unique product, or there is realy a paradigm shift going on with the bottom line on the worth of these items....

Mike B.

None of the above.  The bidder number 2 bidder is none other than that asshat I made mention of before in this thread, "dragonmagazinecollector" the name he so aptly change within the last 30 days. :roll:  between him and that moron douglaswrhea its now obvious to me that they are BOTH trying to drive up the prices of all the Dragon Mags and SRs as they have some stuff to offlaod themselves.  Needless to say both have been blocked....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:45 am 

Speaking of "mad bids" could I stay away???  :wink:
I'm interested in Strategic Reviews but, most of all, I'd like to see if there's someone as fool as I am ...

:)  :)

... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:19 am 

think it was 5 issues sold for $1 total 3 months ago link only just dropped off my watch list sorry. not so good condition but much cheaper :D :D
$328 for 7 + still creases and wrinkles = :lol: :lol:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:34 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:think it was 5 issues sold for $1 total 3 months ago link only just dropped off my watch list sorry. not so good condition but much cheaper :D :D
$328 for 7 + still creases and wrinkles = :lol: :lol:

Now I feel so much better  :D  :D

... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:41 am 

Is this a Holmes basic set?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Vintage-D-D-Bas ... dZViewItem

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:42 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Is this a Holmes basic set?

Yes, and it looks like a first US printing at quick glance.  (There's some other stuff in that lot that isn't part of the set, of course.)

[edit]I should add the set is not complete.  (There's no geomorphs or monsters & treasure assortment.)  The B1 is thrown in from a later printing, as is B2 and obviously the companion booklets.[/u]

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:47 pm 

Yeah, still worth a little for the box and rulebook, plus a sweet 3rd printing of B2 :) :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:08 pm 

I'm sure no-one would be interested in this old book...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:56 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:I'm sure no-one would be interested in this old book...

Want it you do not....forget it you will....mine it is!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 105 of 112123 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 110111112