Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 99 of 112123 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 110111112
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:15 am 

khartsfield wrote:A 144 pg Cthulu Dieties and Demigods:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

for only $5.99 ($0.99 for book, $5 for S&H). Seller has negative feedback, but looks like most of it is from a hard-drive crash (or so he says). Anyone have any dealings with this guy, good or bad?

I bought minis from him once or twice.   IIRC, everything arrived safe and sound.

I think he has a non-eBay Internet store for minis and RPGs, but you'd have to e-mail him about that.

[edit: I have losing bids on four of his current auctions.  Maybe he's doing more RPGs nowadays.]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:58 pm 

AD&D MERTWIG'S MAZE GAMEFOLIO, TOM WHAM, TSR, UNPUNCH

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:57 pm 

Immortals set seems quite popular atm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUNGEONS-DRAGONS- ... dZViewItem

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:29 pm 

Fighting Wheel

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:18 am 

gyg wrote:Immortals set seems quite popular atm

Don't I know it... :roll:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:53 pm 

g026r wrote:
Don't I know it... :roll:

Has anyone ever played an immortals game - seems a bit.....odd to me (no wonder it didn't make it into the wonderful rules cyclopedia).
No offence to the fine Mr Mentzer but I always considered Immortals an exercise in what could be done rather than a playable game)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:56 pm 

I played an immortals game. It was pretty cool, but in a whole different style that standard D&D. I mean, when the players can do near anything with their PCs, things get rather perplex. Been a long time, and I no longer have those rules (need to get them back.)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:35 am 

Not sure where to put this:

This is a new Seller who has started selling off a large RPG collection in Australia. I have bid Acaeum level prices on some of his auctions, but have been outbid on everything. This auction though is strange. It is for the complete Dragonlance set, but the items appear to be adhered to boards and shrinkwrapped in lots of four. Has anyone seen anything like this before. I have asked him a question about it.

The Australian market is in a frenzy at the moment - I just bid $6.60 per magazine on 10 Dungeons I don't have and got outbid on all but one! In fact I'm started to be embarrassed about my hobby. Bidding in Australia is like ladies rushing into a department store at 9:00am on sale day. Maybe I should get my aggression out by challenging some fellow nerds to a dice out.  :rambo:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:44 am 

Should start selling some of my spares then;)

you ae missing this...

"Each module measures 8x10cm in dimensions are exact in every detail, word, piture and map compared to their larger counterparts and as result incredibly convienent for transporting."

They are the "small" prints.. although I've never seen them displayed like this...

Brette:)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:49 am 

You're right. I did miss that.

I must confess, I know almost nothing about 'mini' modules. Were all AD&D published as miniature versions? Is there some info anywhere? That would, inded, make this quite a rare auction then.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:23 am 

Nothing interesting except for the Geomoephs . . .

. . .  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:41 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:You're right. I did miss that.

I must confess, I know almost nothing about 'mini' modules. Were all AD&D published as miniature versions? Is there some info anywhere? That would, inded, make this quite a rare auction then.

The interior of the display boxes were plastic trays molded to fit the modules and lined with dark blue felt so the modules would fit snug and not fall out.  (didnt work very well mind you).  Here is what the display box looks like from the front:

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dl/dl-mini1.htm

If you look closely above and below the modules you can see a semicircular shadow.  This is the indentation to allow you to pull the module out without denting the molded plastic.  It is obvious that the outer portion of the boxes were damaged or destroyed and the display trays were pulled out and then shrinkwrapped.  IMO these are next to worthless...unless some of yours were lost or damaged and you were just looking to replace them.  And here is a list of the games produced in miniature format by 21st Century Games.

http://www.hitpointe.com/tsr/twemini.htm

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:50 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And here is a list of the games produced in miniature format by 21st Century Games.

Heh.  Why am I not surprised that they still list copies of the Dungeoneers and Wilderness Survival Guides as being available?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:01 am 

g026r wrote:
Heh.  Why am I not surprised that they still list copies of the Dungeoneers and Wilderness Survival Guides as being available?

Good chance they still have them in thier inventory. I ordered a bunch of SW'd 1st Ed. stuff from them late last year and all the items were in stock as listed :) They have been around a long time and are probably just burning through the last of their stuff.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:24 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
The interior of the display boxes were plastic trays molded to fit the modules and lined with dark blue felt so the modules would fit snug and not fall out.  (didnt work very well mind you).  Here is what the display box looks like from the front:

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/dl/dl-mini1.htm

If you look closely above and below the modules you can see a semicircular shadow.  This is the indentation to allow you to pull the module out without denting the molded plastic.  It is obvious that the outer portion of the boxes were damaged or destroyed and the display trays were pulled out and then shrinkwrapped.  IMO these are next to worthless...unless some of yours were lost or damaged and you were just looking to replace them.  And here is a list of the games produced in miniature format by 21st Century Games.

Thanks for that - very informative. I did not realise these miniature versions were so recently printed.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:22 pm 

This guy has a bunch of SW material:

.. but looking at the slaver series auction, it looks like a definite rewrap job:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:13 pm 

Tidy Greyhawk lot - includes Wars and From the Ashes

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:53 pm 

Very nice copy of Metamorphosis Alpha:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 99 of 112123 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 110111112