Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 112123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 110111112
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:18 am 

The Fringe Dweller wrote:Heres an interesting auction with a $500Au BIN 8O, interesting because of the reference to Hobbits (TSR OD&D - wishful thinking), but still a highly speculative price from a new seller :roll:.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The Fringe Dweller returns to the shadows to survey the chaos swirling around him

Above is a post I made in the silliest auction price thread - having heard back from the seller, it would seem the price is almost justified :oops:

The following is the sellers reply to me of whats included in the auction, least of all the books from the OD&D set 8O

1.Greyhawk,
2.monsters and treasure
3.The under world & wilderness adventures

also 300+ lead figurines

(I have sent an email asking if the box is still present)

The phone numbers there for anyone who wants to deal more personally

So get the checkbook ready (I have asked for photos to authenticate the books and printings), seems i wont be in the position to buy having just purchased another house (thats 1 house Cougar :roll: ).

The Fringe Dweller fades into the shadows his sword glinting in the final rays of the days sunshine

Keeper of the Arcane

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:35 am 

The Fringe Dweller wrote:
Above is a post I made in the silliest auction price thread - having heard back from the seller, it would seem the price is almost justified :oops:
The following is the sellers reply to me of whats included in the auction, least of all the books from the OD&D set 8O

1.Greyhawk,
2.monsters and treasure
3.The under world & wilderness adventures

also 300+ lead figurines
(I have sent an email asking if the box is still present)
The phone numbers there for anyone who wants to deal more personally

So get the checkbook ready (I have asked for photos to authenticate the books and printings), seems i wont be in the position to buy having just purchased another house (thats 1 house Cougar :roll: ).

The Fringe Dweller fades into the shadows his sword glinting in the final rays of the days sunshine

The sellers name is Darel and appears very genuine and admittedly new to both the computer age and Ebay.
He also has the following as part of the auction;

13 copies of The Dragon magazine 1976-1977 plus 3 white Dwarf magazines + judges guild ready ref sheets and ready cards A4 plus tsr monster manual 2 copies 1977 + 1 players hand book 1977
These are actually better reference books for D&D than Greyhawk series

So for those with a penchant for early Dragons and Judges Guild this is the time to snap up a bargain - I have asked for printing numbers and will post when I get the reply otherwise you can email Darel direct at
[url][email protected][/url], also may be worth mentioning the pitfalls of Diamond Dave :roll:  :evil: .

The Fringe Dweller slips back into the shadows awaiting the pursuing throng.

Keeper of the Arcane

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:44 am 

The figs would not be worth sending overseas, I might be interesetd in em.. a detailed description and pics would be nice though...

Brette:)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:10 am 

Battle of the Five Armies:

Currently at $51 with about 2 days left.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:34 am 

I still don't get it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hunter-70-Paladin-7 ... dZViewItem

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:49 am 

bombadil wrote:I still don't get it:

Please don't tell me this is going to get a buyer......????   :roll:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:03 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:
Please don't tell me this is going to get a buyer......????   :roll:

His disclaimer is hilarious!  If only it were that simple, all the criminals would be doing it.  For example:
DISCLAIMER: "By pulling me over, you agree that you are not an officer of the law, and I was not speeding."   :roll:

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:45 pm 

There is a niche of vigilante WoW players reporting these auctions to Blizzard and eBay. It's apparently against eBay rules (no more virtual auctions), and they will cancel the listing. Blizzard is said to hand out lifetime bans on any account caught selling their characters.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:49 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:There is a niche of vigilante WoW players reporting these auctions to Blizzard and eBay. It's apparently against eBay rules (no more virtual auctions), and they will cancel the listing. Blizzard is said to hand out lifetime bans on any account caught selling their characters.

Why would they do that?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:52 pm 

If your playing on a PvP (Players are always allowed to attack opposing side players) server, then that character could likely come along and tap your guy on the head causing him to instantly fall into a pile of ash on the ground. For a mere 380 bucks you could be mr. badasslavaswordsbigbluespear.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:53 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Why would they do that?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1

I started playing WoW a little while ago to spend more quality time with my sister. She plays nearly constantly. It's OK.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:02 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1

I started playing WoW a little while ago to spend more quality time with my sister. She plays nearly constantly. It's OK.

I tried to play once, I got distracted and watched TV instead :)

Those games just don't apeal to me for some reason.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:14 pm 

Again I don't understand half of the specs. but these two don't sound as good as that one player we commented on a while back...I think that auction got taken down.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:47 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
I tried to play once, I got distracted and watched TV instead :)

Those games just don't apeal to me for some reason.

Probably the same reason they dont appeal to me either...there really isnt much actual "role-playing" going on in these games.  My problem is 90% of the players walk around talking like retards.  Most of them want to con you out of gold and equipment or kill you outright.

Never played WoW but I have spent time playing and/or watching others play Ultima Online, Everquest, EVE Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and GuildWars.  Everquest is one of the best games out of all of them IMHO.  Star Wars was so buggy and boring that I am glad I never bought it and EVE is boring enough to put me to sleep.

I would much rather play a story-driven single-player RPG like Dungeon Siege instead.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:05 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Probably the same reason they dont appeal to me either...there really isnt much actual "role-playing" going on in these games.  My problem is 90% of the players walk around talking like retards.  Most of them want to con you out of gold and equipment or kill you outright.

Never played WoW but I have spent time playing and/or watching others play Ultima Online, Everquest, EVE Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and GuildWars.  Everquest is one of the best games out of all of them IMHO.  Star Wars was so buggy and boring that I am glad I never bought it and EVE is boring enough to put me to sleep.

I would much rather play a story-driven single-player RPG like Dungeon Siege instead.

Hell I still play actual D&D every saturday night :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:24 pm 

I still play actual D&D every saturday night

I envy you brother.  :cry:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:04 pm 

Calling John Huckerby...

:D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:22 pm 

I think I mentioned some time ago that I made an absolute killing with Diablo II by selling characters and equipment. I guess it is illegal now (like that matters to eBay). Blizzard has cracked down on it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 112123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 110111112