Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 112123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 110111112
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:49 am 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

OCE with a $99.95 BIN

~jeff

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:57 pm 

Here's one that's listed on the Acaeum site that I haven't noticed on Ebay before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Fr ... dZViewItem

French language Moldvay Basic Set ("Donjons & Dragons"), including the B2 with alternate cover art (by Jim Holloway) titled "Le Chateau Fort Aux Confins du Pays".

The set has the TSR "Angle" Logo, so it's a 2nd print of the French version:

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/setpage ... icfor.html

It looks like the title page artwork for the B2 is also a replacement - it's still adventurers fighting the owlbear, but it's by Holloway instead of Roslof. There is a vague reference to this in the Acaeum listing but it's not very clear.

Last edited by Zenopus on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:40 am 

Poorly titled mixed lot.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:21 pm 

zhowar wrote:Here's one that's listed on the Acaeum site that I haven't noticed on Ebay before:

French language Moldvay Basic Set ("Donjons & Dragons"), including the B2 with alternate cover art (by Jim Holloway) titled "Le Chateau Fort Aux Confins du Pays".

The set has the TSR "Angle" Logo, so it's a 2nd print of the French version:

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/setpage ... icfor.html

It looks like the title page artwork for the B2 is also a replacement - it's still adventurers fighting the owlbear, but it's by Holloway instead of Roslof. There is a vague reference to this in the Acaeum listing but it's not very clear.

Just picked up a copy of the French version second print of B2 Le Chateau with the assistance of Le Rahib (Thanks a bunch!!). I sent a scan of it to the powers that be. It is the only picture in the module! Love the picture though!!

Also sent a scan of it to Mr. Holloway. He stated he was very happy to see it again after all these years!

Eulaliaaa!!!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:52 am 

This copy of Palace of the Vampire Queen (6th print)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wee-Warriors-Produc ... dZViewItem

Is marked as US only. Anyway, two days after my bid (cos I am too lazy to check always) got auto-rejected, the seller (who is someone here I seem to recall) was kind enough to email me and offer to ship to Europe.  Anyway, ramble ramble, one reason I posted it here is that I assume that all his items are now available to bidders outside of the US.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:52 pm 

Deogolf wrote:
Just picked up a copy of the French version second print of B2 Le Chateau with the assistance of Le Rahib (Thanks a bunch!!). I sent a scan of it to the powers that be. It is the only picture in the module! Love the picture though!!

Note that it exists two different prints of this module in French. One with the angled logo and one with the face logo.
http://myvyrrian.free.fr/images/ventes/IMGP0673.jpg

And they are in the 4 different prints of the french boxed set ( 2 for this edition and 2 other different prints of the last red boxed set, Acaeum list only 3) with the wonderfull grammatical mistake (the correct one is "Tous")
http://myvyrrian.free.fr/images/ventes/IMGP0675.jpg

I have to list all the differences between the last 2 prints and to send it to Acaeum with scans :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:35 pm 

Sorry to have taken so long to post these, But my work has this site blocked.

I have following are on eBay;

Palace of the Vampire Queen. 6th printing

The Dwarven Glory, 3rd printing

The Misty Isles, Unknown printing

If you are from outside the US and Canada and have a PayPal account. Email me with your eBay name and I will see about adding you to my exempt list.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:02 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:
Note that it exists two different prints of this module in French. One with the angled logo and one with the face logo.
http://myvyrrian.free.fr/images/ventes/IMGP0673.jpg

And they are in the 4 different prints of the french boxed set ( 2 for this edition and 2 other different prints of the last red boxed set, Acaeum list only 3) with the wonderfull grammatical mistake (the correct one is "Tous")
http://myvyrrian.free.fr/images/ventes/IMGP0675.jpg

I have to list all the differences between the last 2 prints and to send it to Acaeum with scans :roll:

I should have clarified. The scan was of the Holloway inside art. Which is different than the Roslof, of course.

Eulaliaaa!!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:31 pm 

Deogolf wrote:
I should have clarified. The scan was of the Holloway inside art. Which is different than the Roslof, of course.

I know, I just said that for collectors whose are interested in TSR french editions, to let us know that it exists 2 differents prints of french B2 and a 4th print of the red box (unlisted on Acaeum) :)

Adventures in Austerion : a fantasy RPG, with boardgame mechanisms and modular battlemap. By Guillaume Tavernier and Géraud G.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:48 pm 

Sometimes I think that we get a bit carried away with condition/shrinkwrap etc - it's nice sometimes to see what this stuff is really for....

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:13 pm 

I agree.  There's a certain, undeniable charm in the really well-used stuff.  I guess it's got something to do with imagining all of the great hours and adventures they've been through.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:05 am 

lokiwookie wrote:
I know, I just said that for collectors whose are interested in TSR french editions, to let us know that it exists 2 differents prints of french B2 and a 4th print of the red box (unlisted on Acaeum) :)

D'oh! My bad!  :wink:

Eulaliaaa!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:16 pm 

Heads up here...I thought this was a T1st PHB, from the photo:

However, after a question to the seller about whether the item shown was the actual item for sale, they admitted the pic was "downloaded from the internet", and the actual book for sale is a 6th print.

:?

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:29 pm 

Wow.  I was just trying to figure out which thread to post a warning.  He didn't seem like a 'Shady Dealer,' just someone who borrowed a picture.... :oops:  

The seller wrote:1978 is the copyright date listed in the book. Looking at the small print on the first page I see that this book is from the 6th printing in January of 1980.

Oh well. I thought I found an early Player's Handbook.  I'll keep looking.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:59 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:Wow.  I was just trying to figure out which thread to post a warning.  He didn't seem like a 'Shady Dealer,' just someone who borrowed a picture.... :oops:  

Oh well. I thought I found an early Player's Handbook.  I'll keep looking.

I think the guy now needs to be put in the "Shady Dealers" thread, I do.  Here's why:  I contacted him within 15 minutes of the listing going up and I asked him about the printing and the flyleafs endpapers.  He repsonded to me shortly there after that this was a sixth printing.  So in resposne tp that I sent him this:

bclarkie wrote:Hi & thanks for the fast response. I am a bit confused now based on your response, as the photo that you have of your auction denotes a much ealier printing than a 6th. Looking at the cover, your book appears to be either a 1st, 2nd or 3rd print, so if the book that you are selling is a 6th print as you say it is, the cover should look much different than it does. So you can fully understand what I mean, please check this website to see the differences: http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/setpages/phb.html
The reason I bring this up is b/c the 1st thru 3rd prints typically sell for more than the later prints & if your book is a 6th print as you indicated, to save yourself some potential problems, its probably best if you change the picture that you are currently using &/or indicate clearly in your auction that the photo you are using is a "stock photo" & the fact that the book that you are selling is a different printing then the one in picture. Hope that helps & thanks again, Brian.

After taking over a full day and a hlaf to respond this is what I got in response:

I did indeed download a picture from the internet as I do not have a digital camera.

I am sorry if this caused any confusion.

Now, not only has refused to post the answer to any of the questions posed to him in the auction so folks can read it, he has also outright refused to change the picture or add to the description so people know he isn't selling an early print PHB.  At first I thought it was just an honest mistake, but now I am convinced that its being done on purpose since despite my detailed response and strong suggestion to modify the auction listing and the reasonse for it, he still hasn't done so. Frankly its starting to piss me off.  I am going to send him one more request to let people know about this auction and then its going to get ugly.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:04 pm 

Maybe someone can explain this to me, what exactly is this seller offering - a tshirt?, Books of the gaming variety? or something more "ADULT"? 8O  :lol:  :?:

There is mention of pdf file in the description :?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... ink:top:au

I have emailed, still awaiting a reply.... :wink:

The Fringe Dweller fades back into the shadows, strange visions swirl before him of the possibilities......

Keeper of the Arcane

Last edited by The Fringe Dweller on Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:07 pm 

The Fringe Dweller wrote:Maybe someone can explain this to me, what exactly is this seller offering - a tshirt?, Books of the gaming variety? or something more "ADULT"? 8O  :lol:  :?:

I have emailed, still awaiting a reply.... :wink:

The Fringe Dweller fades back into the shadows, strange visions swirl before him of the possibilities......

No, its illegal pdfs. Look at the "digital delivery". :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:20 pm 

merci,
Yes I did see the pdf mention after my first post :oops: , amended it 2 minutes later, alas bclarkie and his machine gun trigger was faster :D
Damn those pdf's, what a scourge - I prefer something more tangible myself :wink:
Yet... this still does not explain the "ADULT" addition to the sale item, I was 13 when I first began playing - not exactly an ADULT would'nt you agree?

The Fringe Dweller scurries back to the shadows, smarting from the ambush encounter........

Keeper of the Arcane

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 89 of 112123 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 110111112