Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 112123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:35 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Kosh, we actually discussed that auction in the "Laughable Item Descriptions" thread not to long ago:

viewtopic.php?t=1274&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1952

To note, making the auction even more laugable, the seller asked himself a question and answered it trying to follow up his completely nonsensical auction description using a shill Ebay ID.  I am assuming either he read the comments on the forum here about it while lurking or perhaps he was just getting innundated with comments about what a moron that he was because of all the BS he wrote in his auction.  

To make matters even worse, he did shill it(using the same Ebay ID he asked the question with) with a single bid and ended up winning the auction against no other bids.   It was so freaking pathetic, I didn't even bother to report it as I figured the $20 in Ebay fees were enough of a punishment and the fact that no one else bid effectively made it a victimless crime.

Now that "both" parties have left positive feeback, I am just waiting for him to relist this auction a month or two down the road with one of the IDs(preferably the original one he used to sell it) so we can laugh about it even further.

DOH!! He did relist it using a completely seperate Ebay ID.  Compare:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Dungeons-and-Dr ... dZViewItem

:roll:

Anyone up for bombarding him with questions???  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:46 am 

Question sent:

Dear Seller, I must say that this auction looks amazingly similar to another auction that I saw a few weeks ago. As a matter of fact your auction description also contains the exact same auction description with the exact same product misinformation written the exact same way.  What I also find amazing is that in that other auction, it was bought and paid for with two completely different Ebay user IDs than your own and also even more coincidental, both of the users were also in Florida. Both of those parties left feedback for each other now indicating that the trasnaction was completed satisfactorily. For reference here is the auction in question:  

Now the items in the pictures are arranged different, but the auction contains the exact same items with the exact same auction description. Can you explain this to me?  Thanks for your time.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:06 am 

I abused Meat-Puppet as well.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:41 am 

I politely asked him about being able to come and see his items, if he is close enough to me or if I could pick them up if I win. I'll see what else I can find out.

Can anyone please tell me more about this item, as the seller has five (5) in SW? It sounds pretty cool, but I do not want to buy a "pig in a poke" or a "boxed set in BIN binge".

Thank You,

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:05 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Question sent:

Dear Seller, I must say that this auction looks amazingly similar to another auction that I saw a few weeks ago. As a matter of fact your auction description also contains the exact same auction description with the exact same product misinformation written the exact same way.  What I also find amazing is that in that other auction, it was bought and paid for with two completely different Ebay user IDs than your own and also even more coincidental, both of the users were also in Florida. Both of those parties left feedback for each other now indicating that the trasnaction was completed satisfactorily. For reference here is the auction in question:  

Now the items in the pictures are arranged different, but the auction contains the exact same items with the exact same auction description. Can you explain this to me?  Thanks for your time.

Follow up answer from this seller to my question:

NOT A PROBLEM WE ACTUALLY HAVE 3 SETS OF BOOKS! THATS RIGHT 3 SONA SO 3 OF EVERYTHING WAS BOUGHT! GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY! THIS IS MY SITE I AM THE MOM/. MY SON SOLD HIS!

Dude, seriously, exactly how Dumb do you think that I am?

My response:

Wow, I am absolutely AMAZED. You actually have the exact same set of over 100 books with the exact same titles all in the exact same condition as the last listing. Absolutely astounding! You don't actually think that I am buying that line of crap do you. I am trying to think of reasons right now, why I shouldn't report you to Ebay for shilling and I am really having a hard time with it.

I wonder what this is going to net me. :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:12 pm 

Back on Topic:

Canadian auction for a shrinkwrapped 1983 World of Greyhawk Box Set.  Its just sitting there right now for $18.50 with just over 5 hours to go.  Shrink looks a little bit tatty, but the set looks really nice. :)

Also BBarsh has up a rougher looking first print PHB:

only $20.50 with just over 7 hours to go.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:15 pm 

Exceptionally nice looking OCE Set(one of the nicest that I have ever seen to honest):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=007

$76 with 19 hours to go.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:01 pm 

Yeah, I had that one on my list, too.  It's a beaut.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:02 pm 

The response I got:

WHAT SHILL ACCOUNT YOU FOOL! I AM THE MOTHER FFMY HUSBAND WHOM IS NO LONGER WITH US BOUGHT 3 OF EVERYTHING DUE TO THE FACT I HAVE 3 SONS I HAVE 3 SETS OF EVERYTHING OVER HERE MY GARAGE IS FULL! MY SON SOLD HIS AND NOW I AM SELLING MY SONS THAT DOES NOT WANT THEM AS HE NEEDS THE MONEY HE IS IN BAGHDAD. SO GO TO HELL I HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS AS IT IS ALREADY THEN TO FOOL WITH YOUR SILLY ASS. DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?

He needs money in Baghdad? I understand the markets there have some dynamite prices, but please..........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:06 pm 

I think I hear Hugh waking up...

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:16 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:The response I got:

WHAT SHILL ACCOUNT YOU FOOL!.... SO GO TO HELL I HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS AS IT IS ALREADY THEN TO FOOL WITH YOUR SILLY ASS. DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO?

Is Mr. T the seller???

"I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T LIKE D&D!  WHO DIS BCLARKIE FOOL WHO THINK MR.T IS A SHILLER?  DIDN'T HE SEE ROCKY III?  WHO DAT FOOL THINK HE MESSIN' WITH?"

:D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:06 pm 

bombadil wrote:I think I hear Hugh waking up...

You know, you said that the other day about the stolen picture 1st printing DMG and I totally missed what you meant.  When you said that I thought that you were refering to Kosh, as Hugh is Kosh's real first name, and he was the owner of the 1st Print DMG pictured on the site.  

Thats why I made the remark about it "not being his", I thought that you were saying that we should tell Kosh that people kept stealing his 1st print DMG picture.  I wasn't hinking of the other "Hugh"  :lol:

I said that and you were pobably like, "Huh?!" :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:33 pm 

Hilarious.  I didn't even pick up on that.  I didn't know Hugh was/is Kosh's real name.

I thought his name was Dave Whitfield.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:14 pm 

2nd print PHB

Mount Celestia doesn't want me and Baator's afraid I'll take over.

Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad at the door, Ninty-eight Blue and Green Slaad, Take one down, they gate in two more, Ninty-nine Blue and Green Slaad at the door...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:30 pm 

Okay, I realize the Owl & Weasel auctions went really well, but, cough, are you kididing me?

8O

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:34 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:
still confused by monster manual hybrid even after that error is changed here?

so the first print did make it over to england?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:44 pm 

bombadil wrote:Well, dudes, I'm bowing out of the R-4 demolishion derby.   :D

Good luck, Jeff!  (And congrats in advance!)

I was on the road to visit relatives or this one would have got ugly!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:14 am 

bclarkie wrote:Exceptionally nice looking OCE Set(one of the nicest that I have ever seen to honest):

$76 with 19 hours to go.

Interesting that one went for $125, which is a pretty good price for that condition. Here is another slightly lower in quality with bidding already at over $200.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 112123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 110111112