Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 112123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 110111112
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 am 

I have a theory on Fazzle. Up until Lumberjack started selling them, they were arguably the rarest tourney mods out there. My guess is that he scooped up unused/unsold ones at the convention and held on to them. I'd guess he has at least 5.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:56 am 

Was that the 3rd or 4th copy he sold?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:55 am 

According to my notes, monsieur jacques has, over the last 20 months or so, sold: three Quest for the Fazzlewoods (Dec 05, Feb 07, March 07) and four Lost Caverns of Tsojconth (Aug 05, Dec 05, Aug 06, Dec 06).  I have omitted final sale prices and the names of the winners in case people here (and it is mostly here  :D  ) don't want that posted again.  Also, if I am missing one, someone please do let me know.

I assume that if he only had one or two of each left he would say so (as this would likely increase the bidding), thus, since he doesn't, then he has more.  Alternatively, he may simply be quite a private person.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Last edited by red_bus on Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:58 am 

Why can't he be photocopying them at home? Haw do you know they are all genuine?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:27 pm 

Mbassoc2003 wrote:Why can't he be photocopying them at home? Haw do you know they are all genuine?

I won't comment on the photocopying comment, I simply hope it isn't true. However, I will say the reasons given are one reason I would NEVER bid on either of the items mentioned here (Fazzle and Tsojonth), or even ST1 for that matter (if what Killjoy says there is some brit sitting on 15 copies...).  No one REALLY knows how many there are out there, and for all any of us know Lumber could be sitting on a box of 50 or so.  Seriously. As a matter of fact the more he is sitting on, the less it would personally benefit him to ever let anyone know the total of that cache.  I would think the LESS he had, the more open he might be about how many he has ("Hey, guys, only TWO left, better bid now!!!") so he could stoke interest.  The simple fact he has remained very circumspect about this leads me to believe he may have quite a few squirreled away.  I guess only time will tell, but someday when he's selling Fazzle or Tso for the 25th time.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:34 pm 

Badmike wrote: or even ST1 for that matter (if what Killjoy says there is some brit sitting on 15 copies...).  No one REALLY knows how many there are out there,
Mike B.

potentially double that number mike, and i STILL can't get him to sell me one :roll:

you know what? by the time he comes to think about selling them, i hope they are worth about $5, i really do. serve the little fecker right.

:twisted:

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:34 pm 

Mbassoc2003 wrote:Why can't he be photocopying them at home? Haw do you know they are all genuine?

That's been mentioned a bunch of times.  We don't, but a few people on here have vouched for him and/or stated the copy they received appeared to be genuine.

Now, if somebody that already owns one of these tourneys from another source purchased one of Lumberjacques' copies and compares them directly, we could be certain.  That's unlikely to happen, I'd think.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:45 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
potentially double that number mike, and i STILL can't get him to sell me one :roll:

you know what? by the time he comes to think about selling them, i hope they are worth about $5, i really do. serve the little fecker right.

:twisted:

Al

Someday the pdfs/copies of all these rares (ST1, Tso, Fazzle, etc) are going to be out...if not legally, then some other way. It's inevitable.  Hell, WOTC could decide tomorrow to release them for no particular reason. I don't think the price will go down to $5, but it will substantially decrease. It's a very bad business decision to sit on that many...but collectors are an odd sort...!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:52 pm 

red_bus wrote:According to my notes, monsieur jacques has, over the last 20 months or so, sold: three Quest for the Fazzlewoods (Dec 05, Feb 07, March 07) and four Lost Caverns of Tsojconth (Aug 05, Dec 05, Aug 06, Dec 06).  I have omitted final sale prices and the names of the winners in case people here (and it is mostly here  :D  ) don't want that posted again.  Also, if I am missing one, someone please do let me know.

I assume that if he only had one or two of each left he would say so (as this would likely increase the bidding), thus, since he doesn't, then he has more.  Alternatively, he may simply be quite a private person.

He sold two of each to Troll and Toad!!  I bet he has over 10 copies of each left!  Still that being said there is still enough people collecting to keep the price high, I am sure the market would soak them up and prices would rise.  10 copies to the world is still a very limited amount 8O

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 pm 

Coloring album:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:41 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I have a theory on Fazzle. Up until Lumberjack started selling them, they were arguably the rarest tourney mods out there. My guess is that he scooped up unused/unsold ones at the convention and held on to them. I'd guess he has at least 5.

He was on the MDG staff back then and certainly had the opportunity to grab a bunch of them. Or more likely, they simply gave the extras to hold onto to sell at the next convetion. And since no one was buying these things back then, they collected dust.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:33 pm 

5 sets of the original dice, still sealed!

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:09 pm 

Mars wrote:Was that the 3rd or 4th copy he sold?

To confirm, it was the 3rd known copy he has sold on eBay.  I wouldn't say that the price on these will go down dramatically any time soon.  After all, only about nine copies have been sold since 2000.  Compare that to about ten Tamoachan's and thirty Tsojconth's!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:03 pm 

Ok, there is nothing interesting about this auction except for the description. I about fell off the chair in complete disgust when this guy decided to use/create the "d10" system...

Are you f...ing kidding me. It has been said before...Get your D20 out of my game!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:09 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Ce ... dZViewItem

I am not familiar with this...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:25 pm 

bbarsh wrote:

I am not familiar with this...

Don't waste your money.  I picked one up at full price when it was released thinking it was going to be the definitive book about D&D...it wasn't by a long shot.  I believe my rant about the book lasted a couple of pages on a particular thread a couple of years ago.  If you really want one you should be able to pick one up for about $10 in a used book store.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:25 pm 

Anybody post these? Gs w/lizard logo

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:42 pm 

Wasn't somebody looking for this action set...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 112123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 110111112