The Official Acaeum Top 5 Gaming Snack Foods
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:14 pm 

Mars wrote:
I think someone else mentioned Totino's pizza.  What is Totino's?  Just another chain?

99 cent microwavable frozen "pizza" in a box.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:36 pm 

Mars wrote:
I think someone else mentioned Totino's pizza.  What is Totino's?  Just another chain?

Totino's makes frozen pizza rolls which are like miniature fried calzones or one-inch long Hot Pockets.  You can only buy them at the grocery store.  Throw 30 or 40 of 'em on a cookie sheet, bake 'em for 15 minutes and there you go.  Personally I like to dip them in ranch dressing.  :D

If Totino's makes full size or personal frozen pizzas...news to me.  Most frozen pizzas taste like crap so I dont ever buy them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:47 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:If Totino's makes full size or personal frozen pizzas...news to me.  Most frozen pizzas taste like crap so I dont ever buy them.

They do. We keep a few in the freezer at all times for those times when the kids can't decide on a lunch or when the wifey orders out chinese and kids scream like they are about to be tortured.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:16 am 

OK, let's see . . .

1.  Coke or Pepsi (or cans of whatever the soda machines in the cafeteria had in them).
2.  Candy bars
3.  Corn chips
4.  Potato chips
5.  Cookies

Since I played at school, we usually had to "sneak" the sodas, etc. into the classroom we played in; later on, we had to negotiate with the sponsor--the chemistry teacher allowed us to use his lab after school (with ALL THAT blackboard space!!!), and we were allowed to bring in food and drinks (after all, it WAS a chem lab!).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:39 am 

BITD:

Cannabis

After that, anything within arm's reach that was remotely edible. Slim Jims were a special favorite of my college group.

Today:
Cubes of pepper cheese
popcorn
Donato's pizza
Grippo's BBQ Chips
anything Hostess

Nemesis of the Annoyingly Dense
Guidelines, not rules...

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:14 am 

Well... Not much different from Kask's bitd, just not that far back.  Our group sometimes reached 12 or more including girlfriends, and hangers-on.  Everyone chipped in $5 or $10 for "party sack", so it belonged to everyone and no-one could harsh on it.  Everyone brought their own beer, if they drank (most did).  One of our group managed a Papa John's, so pizza was always provided.  One buddy would bring a backpack full of the cheap "Little Debby" knock-off snack cakes (the ones that are .25 a piece at most convenient stores) and sell them or offer them as bribes as the night wore on.  Occasionally someone would bring something more "exotic" to drink or...whatever.  We were all either finishing college or well into the job market, so we were used to maintaining cohesive thought despite...outside influences.  Played through two 1st edition campaigns for nearly five years, meeting twice a week (once each) simultaneously and loved every minute of it.  Never had any problems with anything.  Well, the barbarian who said "Hey guys, can I make some eggs" and made a 12 egg omelet, but...
Addenda:  His character was a Cavalier, the player was a barbarian, but loveable, lol.  Just lock the cupboard

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:51 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
99 cent microwavable frozen "pizza" in a box.

8O ...brrr... dissssgusting...  :?

TIRAMISU RULESSS!!!  8)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:01 pm 

aia wrote:

TIRAMISU RULESSS!!!  8)

Not that I don't love Tiramisu . . .  but what kind of gaming session are you running here?  :D   I make an awesome Tiramisu, if I do say so myself . . . but the final tab on one 9" x 9" pan is around $25 plus about an hour preparation time plus at least 6 hours (but more like overnight) in the Fridge to chill.  Add on to that the run around time I have to make going to the Italian Import store for real mascarpone and high quality Ladyfingers - I tend to just reserve it for birthdays, anniversaries or other special occasions!

Inferior Tiramisu makes me feel very sad inside, so I will only make it or buy it if I know it will be excellent!

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:41 pm 

aia wrote:

...brrr... dissssgusting...  

This from someone whose avatar is a can of Spam?

Spam is truly repulsive: a "meatlike" product squeezed into a can?

I wouldn't eat Spam even when I was in the Navy...

Guidelines, not rules...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:26 pm 

Kaskoid wrote:aia wrote:

This from someone whose avatar is a can of Spam?

Spam is truly repulsive: a "meatlike" product squeezed into a can?

I wouldn't eat Spam even when I was in the Navy...

Someone must be eating it.  Now they have BBQ, hot and spicy, cheesy, bacon, and garlic flavored Spam.  Yick.  :?   But honestly, I would probably rather eat Spam than those little Vienna sausages that come in a can.  Before eating them you first have to fish them out of the meat-flavored gelatin and clean them off.  :x

Of course, I am a bit surprised no one from Australia has metioned Vegemite.  Tried it once............suffice to say that was enough for me for the rest of my life.  :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:31 pm 

Spam is good, fry it up with some onions and eat it as a sandwich, yum.

Haven't had the onther flavors, though think I may have tried the turkey one once.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:30 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Of course, I am a bit surprised no one from Australia has metioned Vegemite.  Tried it once............suffice to say that was enough for me for the rest of my life.  :wink:

Isn't vegemite just a chocolate hazelnut spread like Nutella?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:46 pm 

Plaag wrote:Spam is good, fry it up with some onions and eat it as a sandwich, yum.

Haven't had the onther flavors, though think I may have tried the turkey one once.

ShaneG.

Used to have it that way when I was a kid, didn't know any better. Thin slice, fry with onions, throw some pepper and cheese on them, mustard on the bread, make sandwiches out of them.  God knows how much fat/calories each of those sandwhiches contained, probably why I look the way I do now. I just know we thought they were yummy!  Haven't had one in about 30 years, so who knows if the Spam Sandwich will have stood the test of time? Maybe somethings are just meant to be left in the past    :D

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:50 pm 

1. Diet Mountain Dew. It keeps everyone going without the calories.
2. Pizza. Usually pepperoni and various toppings, but not sausage.  It gives one of the player's terrible gas...
3. Chips.  The kind varies, depending on what was on special or the fancy of the players.
4. Miscellaneous cookies.  Oreos and sometimes homemade, if the wife is in a good mood.
5. Beer.  It will usually result in a much shorter session.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:49 pm 

Mars wrote:
Isn't vegemite just a chocolate hazelnut spread like Nutella?

Uhhh....nope.

Here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite

If I didnt know what it was and had to take a guess what it was made from I would say:  Salt, vaseline, and malt liquor.

:|

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:53 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Uhhh....nope.

Here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite

If I didnt know what it was and had to take a guess what it was made from I would say:  Salt, vaseline, and malt liquor.

:|

Thats enough to gag a maggot. Image

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Thats enough to gag a maggot

You know, if we made prisoners eat Vegemite and Spam three times a day, our recidivism rates would plummet. Of course, that's assuming that some bottom-feeder (Sorry, lawyer) didn't file suit and successfully establish that diet as "cruel and unusual punishment" and therefore unconstitutional.

That would not, however, stop Bush and Cheney from force-feeding it to suspected terrorists (Only vegemite to Muslims; even I don't advocate forcing prisoners to violate religious dietary dogma. Of course, nowhere in the Koran does it say it's okay to kill unbelievers... But that is another argument)

I imagine that even hard-core Al-Quaeda would be singing like canaries after a few meals of it. We all knew that Aussies and Kiwis were a bit "quirky"--perhaps vegemite as toddlers would havesome  bearing on that...

They really eat that willingly, not under duress?? Crikey!!

Guidelines, not rules...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:36 am 

I ate some willingly this morning.... lovely stuff spread thick on fresh sourdough bread. It's not a snack food though... more a breakfast thing.

Snack foods here were potato chips, hot chips from the store wrapped in paper with vinegar, pizza, coke, and whatever else was handy.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

PreviousNext