Music Love to Listen?
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:50 am 

I was on a kick to listen to some Siouxsie and the Banshees. She has an incredible voice.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:12 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
If I didnt know any better, I might think that you listed Cornershop just because I retch everytime I hear "Brimful of Asha".  And the last time that happened was at our last D&D session at your house.  :puker:  :lol:

Hee hee hee, yeh I remembered that....

So here is my "Anti-Mike" list of music I love to listen to:

1. Alice Cooper - Hey Stoopid

2. Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

3. Damn Yankees - Don't Tread

4. Def Leppard - Pyromania

5. Europe - The Final Countdown

6. Great White - Once Bitten....

7. Loverboy - Big Ones

8. Night Ranger - Dawn Patrol

9. Poison - Open Up And Say Ahhh.....

10. Ratt - Dancin' Undercover

Well, Def Leppard is greatness. The rest of the list.....man, you are a child of the 80s aren't you?  (with some early 90's tossed in) Sounds like the soundtrack to every pool hall in Arlington we hung out in on Friday nights circa 1989 or so......

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:30 pm 

Any Pogues fans here? I classify them as Irish-Folk/Punk

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:29 am 

King, that list made me retch. :)

The Pogues are great!  

I classify them as Drunk and Drugged (not just the usual drunk) Irish punk/folk.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:13 am 

PaulKM wrote:King, that list made me retch. :)

The Pogues are great!  

I classify them as Drunk and Drugged (not just the usual drunk) Irish punk/folk.

Rum, Sodomy and the Lash was a great album, with one of the all time great titles!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:40 am 

Badmike wrote:
Rum, Sodomy and the Lash was a great album, with one of the all time great titles!

Mike B.

That was my introduction to the Pogues. That album certainly sealed my reputation amongst my friends of having rather eclectic tastes in music.  :D

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:33 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:
That was my introduction to the Pogues. That album certainly sealed my reputation amongst my friends of having rather eclectic tastes in music.  :D

:lol:  Fantastic album:  my neighbours must know it by heart now ;)

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe...we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:31 am 

Badmike wrote:superstar producer Steve Albini...

HA! I find this funny... do you know any other "superstar" producer that has their home phone number listed and posts on his  forum everyday and only makes 30k per year?

Great list Mike. I've been on a Cheap Trick kick lately Have you heard the recordings that were leaked of the Albini version of In Color?

Check out the Birds of Avalon...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:20 am 

TheMilford wrote:
HA! I find this funny... do you know any other "superstar" producer that has their home phone number listed and posts on his  forum everyday and only makes 30k per year?

Great list Mike. I've been on a Cheap Trick kick lately Have you heard the recordings that were leaked of the Albini version of In Color?

Check out the Birds of Avalon...

I went on a Cheap Trick run a couple years ago. Anything past Dream Police is just so-so at best, crap at worst, though.

Birds look interesting...I'll check them out.

There is no doubt Albini is very, very wealthy (he owns his own recording studio outright and only chooses projects he himself likes). But he's one interesting cat.  IIRC he only charges what a band can afford, often lowering his rates or dispensing with them for new bands.  One of the very few good guys in the music industry.

Miike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:16 pm 

Music that I like but that Badmike, King, and Aneoth most likely hate.  Some people have no taste.  :)  Maybe I can sneak these into the playlist for our next session:

Traci Lords - 1000 Fires - Techno/pseudo-darkwave/dance music from Traci Lords.  Juno Reactor contributes the music for several tracks.  The album includes a goofy throwaway track (Okey Dokey) and a chilling spoken-word track (Father's Field). (1995)

Tom Wopat - The Still of the Night and Tom Wopat Sings Harold Arlen:  Dissertation on the State of Bliss- Luke Duke can sing.  IRL he is a Broadway performer. Soulful and sincere performances on both CDs.  (2000 and 2005)

Randy "Macho Man" Savage - Be A Man - A rock 'n' rap album by the one and only Macho Man.  Much better than Hulk Hogan's poppy, saccharin-laden CD (fortunately, my copy of that one got stolen), Macho Man is a passable vocalist in a pro-wrestling way.  One track is about the late Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig, and one track calls out Hulk Hogan. (2003)

Leonard Nimoy - Leonard Nimoy Presents Mr. Spock's Music from Outer Space - The 1995 CD has 7 tracks from Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy.  Not bad, though it is more enjoyable when intoxicated. (1965/68)

William Shatner - The Transformed Man - Serious and arty, though unintentionally(?) funny in places. Pretentiousness has its price, and sometimes that price is being mocked.(1968)

An honorable mention goes out to Tales from the Crypt:  Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas.  It contains such awful rhymes and twisted titles as Deck the Halls with Parts of Charlie and Twelve Days of Cryptmas.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:29 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Music that I like but that Badmike, King, and Aneoth most likely hate.  Some people have no taste.  :)  Maybe I can sneak these into the playlist for our next session:

Traci Lords - 1000 Fires - Techno/pseudo-darkwave/dance music from Traci Lords.  Juno Reactor contributes the music for several tracks.  The album includes a goofy throwaway track (Okey Dokey) and a chilling spoken-word track (Father's Field). (1995)

Tom Wopat - The Still of the Night and Tom Wopat Sings Harold Arlen:  Dissertation on the State of Bliss- Luke Duke can sing.  IRL he is a Broadway performer. Soulful and sincere performances on both CDs.  (2000 and 2005)

Randy "Macho Man" Savage - Be A Man - A rock 'n' rap album by the one and only Macho Man.  Much better than Hulk Hogan's poppy, saccharin-laden CD (fortunately, my copy of that one got stolen), Macho Man is a passable vocalist in a pro-wrestling way.  One track is about the late Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig, and one track calls out Hulk Hogan. (2003)

Leonard Nimoy - Leonard Nimoy Presents Mr. Spock's Music from Outer Space - The 1995 CD has 7 tracks from Two Sides of Leonard Nimoy.  Not bad, though it is more enjoyable when intoxicated. (1965/68)

William Shatner - The Transformed Man - Serious and arty, though unintentionally(?) funny in places. Pretentiousness has its price, and sometimes that price is being mocked.(1968)

An honorable mention goes out to Tales from the Crypt:  Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas.  It contains such awful rhymes and twisted titles as Deck the Halls with Parts of Charlie and Twelve Days of Cryptmas.

I made Mike turn off the Cornershop last session, do you honestly think you can sneak a Nimoy or Shatner album in there?  Randy "Macho Man" Savage actually cut an album?  Wow....I guess anything is possible after all those Slim Jim commercials.  Traci Lords?  I'd listen to her do pretty much anything.  :wink:   As for Tom Wopat....I'd rather light myself on fire than listen to that no talent ass-clown.  :puker:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:45 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:As for Tom Wopat....I'd rather light myself on fire than listen to that no talent ass-clown.  :puker:

Hey, don't make me come down there and shoot a dynamite-arrow from a compound bow!  :)

The Dukes of Hazzard, the A-Team, and Battlestar Galactica (both versions) can do no wrong.  Combining all three into a movie would be great!  ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:34 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Music that I like but that Badmike, King, and Aneoth most likely hate.  Some people have no taste.  :)  Maybe I can sneak these into the playlist for our next session:

You are officially insane    8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

Unless Traci Lords is getting naked, not interested. As for the rest...it's like the soundtrack Satan would play for me if I end up in hell.... :twisted:

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:09 pm 

Badmike wrote:You are officially insane    8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

Been there, done that.  :)

As for the rest...it's like the soundtrack Satan would play for me if I end up in hell.... :twisted:

Insane?  Ah, that is because I left off the one of the oddest CDs that I have --- Primordial Tones I.  It is a 2-CD set of four 30-minute tracks.  Each track is a different, single tone for meditation.  It is very soothing and sleep-inducing.  :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:25 pm 

I decided to be bored and so I put in some U2 and Type O Negative.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:44 am 

serleran wrote:I decided to be bored and so I put in some U2 and Type O Negative.

:puker: U2 :pukel:

:lol:

Just kidding, to each his own.

I am an old Metal head (now referred to as Classic Rock :? )

Give me Ted Nugent or AC/DC anyday

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:47 am 

Yeah, a lot of U2 is kind of crap, but they also have some decent songs, too. I'm more Judas Priest than AC/DC, but hey, whatever.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:28 am 

serleran wrote:Yeah, a lot of U2 is kind of crap, but they also have some decent songs, too. I'm more Judas Priest than AC/DC, but hey, whatever.

U2 has got some great songs.  The older the better though....most of their newer stuff is crap.  Same with Priest.  AC/DC hasn't lost any of their mojo though.  I keep wondering how much Brian Johnson's has left in the tank?  His larynx must be pretty much all scar tissue from all the screaming he has done over the years.  :lol:

Give me Ted Nugent or AC/DC anyday

Never would have taken you for a Nugent fan Blackmoor.  Course I am probably just as much a fan of his principles as I am of his music.  I hear he makes pretty good beef jerky too.  :)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext