Music Love to Listen?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:38 pm 

Unfortunately the last thread got deleted; I thought it was going pretty well.  The topic is, what kind of music do you personally like? Not necessarily gaming music, just the kind of music you like to listen to.....I got some good suggestions from the other list, I'd like to keep it going...

Here's a short list I thought up, I'm going to call it Ten CDs You Need In Your Collection.  They are all favorites of mine, and at one time or another have made top Spin, Rolling Stone and critics lists of top CDs of all time.  They all are definite examples of a genre, superior recordings, or just a CD I can't ever get tired of hearing.  I tried to jump around all genres and years to give everyone something to look for, no matter what your tastes...hopefully there is something here you don't have and you will be intrigued enough to give it a shot....!

1.        The Clash---London Calling

Considered one of the greatest albums of all time, this classic was The Clash's masterpiece and timed perfectly. Released at the end of 1979, it summed up the end of Punk and the beginning of New Wave/Alternative encompassing diverse musical styles from reggae, jazz, funk, hard rock, punk, post punk, R&B, even top 40 style pop in the hidden single "Train in Vain", left off the album credits yet the group's biggest hit ever until Combat Rock.  I've probably listened to this album close to a million times, and it never gets old.  It's a double album, and there still isn't a bum song on it.  If this isn't in your collection, you have to seriously question your commitment to good music....!

2.        The Replacements---Tim

The album where the Mats laid the groundwork for all of the 1990's angst ridden grunge rockers, this was by far their most complete work of art.  A lot of the half assed bits disappeared, yet they weren't as slick and commerical as on their later works, this was the most listenable yet hard rocking Replacements album ever made.  Again, not a bad song, it almost plays like a greatest hits album with Hold My Life, Left of the Dial & Little Mascara (hard rock) alternatiting with more contemplative numbers and even a bar ballad at the end (Here Comes a Regular).  Unfortunately after this Westerberg started taking himself much too seriously,then the band began breaking up, but they captured a perfect moment here....

3.        The Strokes---Is This It

I resisted the hype for awhile....critics haven't gushed this unashamedly since Springstein's first album. But I gave in and was rewarded.  Sounds like the boys listened to every great CBGB band of the late 70's and updated it to the new millenium.  Every song plays like a Top Ten hit, and they just keep topping the song before.  The first great band of the new century.

4.        Queen---News of the World

IMO this was the greatest Queen album, Freddie's voice was never better and the band never played tighter, they threw in every style they could think of with hard rock (Sheer Heart Attack, Flight from the Inside), salsa (Who Needs You), jazz (Sleeping on the Sidewalk), ballads (All Dead), top 40 rock (Spread Your Wings), and the raunchiest song of al time Get Down Make Love.  Oh yeh, and this little ditty called We will Rock You/We are the Champions, which has become one of the most iconic songs of all time....

5.        David Bowie---Ziggy Stardust

Another album considered among the top of all time, Bowie singlehandedly invents glam, punk, alternative, whatever you want to call it, it was far out and cool and rocked.  Singing a self referential album about an androgynous future rock star, Bowie actually became Ziggy for a few albums before moving on to the next persona.  Truly a genius album.

6.        The Rolling Stones---Beggar's Banquet

Rolling Stones albums on top tenlists usually include Exile on Main Street, Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers.  But my favorite Stones disc is Beggar's Banquet.  From Mick's opening yelps on Sympathy for the Devil to the low key one two punch of Factory Girl & Salt of the Earth at the end, the album is a return to the Stones R&B roots with a heavy dose of rock.  If it's a little softer and slower than a lot of other Stones albums, it still has Street Fighting Man to pump it up.  An overlooked classic.

7.        The Stone Roses

Another album that practically invented a genre, The Manchester Sound....groups like The Happy Mondays, Oasis, Blur, hell every early 90's shoegazer and indie band owe something to the Roses.  The 60's hooks and nods to psychedelica (most evident on I Wanna Be Adored and Fool's Gold) are sold by the perfect basslines and rhythms.  And yeh I wore out the 8 minute "I am the Resurrection" on my cassette I had at the time this came out....

8.        The Velvet Underground and Nico

The old cliche goes like this: The Velvet Underground only sold 100 records, but everyone who bought one formed their own band. Their influence is so far ahead of it's time we not have caught up to it even now. I mean, what band nowadays would compose a seven minute song about Heroin that has the lines "It's my wife, and it's my life" and "I feel just like Jesus' son" then disintigrates into screaming guitar noise that hurts your ears.  The list of bands influenced by this album would read like a top 100 indie list...Yo La Tengo, Pavement, Pixies, Luna, Galaxie 500, Magnetic Fields, Guided by Voices, and on and on....which pushed the boundaries of lo-fi (a term only coined about two decades later but which perfectly describes their music).  Nico's husky voice creates such an atmosphere on "All Tomorrow's Parties", "I'll Be Your Mirror" and "Femme Fatale" it seems a perfect fit, yet neither Lou Reed or John Cale wanted her on the album (thankfully Warhol overruled them)  Lou Reed has had some great songs, but never an entire album this great.

9.        Wilco---AM

From the greatness that was alt.country's Uncle Tupelo came Wilco...Jeff Tweedy's band after the breakup of Tupelo and the parting of ways of Tweedy and Jay Farrar (who went on to form Son Volt).   Everyone thought Son Volt was going to break big, but it ended up being Tweedy's more pop oriented Wilco that is now dominating the alternative charts. This album, Wilco's first, is a bit messier, poppier, and less brooding than either Uncle Tupelo or Farrar's Son Volt. Personally, this is my favorite Wilco disc, they seemed more free, more fun, and more succinct than any of their later albums.  A great country tinged power pop creation.

10.        Matthew Sweet---Girlfriend

There may not have been a more hooky, listenable power pop album in the entire 90's.  Certainly Sweet himself never captured the lightning in a bottle he did with this masterpiece.  From the superb guitarwork of Richard Lloyd and Robert Quine, to great power pop rockers on the album like Evangeline, Divine Intervention and Girlfriend, country rock like Winona, even ballads like Your Sweet Voice and Nothing Lasts, Sweet managed one great 60's influenced record that encompassed the some of the best pop songs of the 90s.  He unfortunately never managed anything this top to bottom good again.

Look up any of these ten and you won't be disappointed.  And lets have some other suggestions, I'm jonesing for some new tunes!!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:00 pm 

I can't really name 10 must have CDs.  I find that nearly every CD has songs I like, songs I don't and what I loved last week I can't stand this week.  Instead I'll list a few bands that are frequent visitors to my playlist:

They Might Be Giants
Midnight Oil
The Clash
Woody Guthrie
10,000 Maniacs
Tragically Hip
Stan Rogers
John Wesley Harding
Leonard Cohen
Meatloaf
Peter Gabriel
Phish
R.E.M.
U2
Warren Zevon

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:05 am 

I tell you this is much harder to choose than the top 20 adventures of all time.  But I will give it a go.  My top ten albums:

10.  U2 - The Joshua Tree
9.  Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
8.  Joe Satriani - Flying In A Blue Dream
7.  Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason
6.  Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin
5.  Van Halen - 1984
4.  Queen - The Works
3.  Queensryche - Empire
2.  The Police - Every Breath You Take: The Singles
1.  Rush - Chronicles

The last two had to be greatest hits compilations.  I cant choose a favorite album from either of those bands.  And I could have easily changed my mind about 6 - 10 on any given day.  Metallica - Master of Puppets, Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom, Sting - Dream of the Blue Turtles, Peter Gabriel - So, Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mining...the list goes on and on.  :roll:

From reading others choices I realize that I probably have the most mainstream musical tastes of any member here.  I was definitely influenced more by 80's Top 40 music than anything else.

Hey Mike, why the hell arent you either a radio DJ or a music critic?  You know more about music than any ten people I know.

Warren Zevon

Sorry but I cant help myself here.  :P   Werewolves of London is the single worst song I have ever heard.  Except maybe for the shit New Kids on the Block or Vanilla Ice pooped out over the years.  And due to the disgust I feel toward that song, I have never listened to anything else that Warren Zevon has done.  The really sad thing is...my fiance loves that song.  I guess no one can be perfect.  Damnit...now I have that frickin' song stuck in my head.  Maybe listening to Debbie Gibson will nullify its effects? :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:17 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote: Maybe listening to Debbie Gibson will nullify its effects? :D

now we're starting to get somewhere!!

(As it goes I've got 7 of Mikes top 10 albums and 6 of KOP's so I must be doing something right)(I do tend to be a bit stuck in the past where music is concerned - In many ways I never clawed my way out of the 80's :lol: )

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:30 am 

NetRodent wrote:I can't really name 10 must have CDs.  I find that nearly every CD has songs I like, songs I don't and what I loved last week I can't stand this week.  Instead I'll list a few bands that are frequent visitors to my playlist:

They Might Be Giants
Midnight Oil
The Clash
Woody Guthrie
10,000 Maniacs
Tragically Hip
Stan Rogers
John Wesley Harding
Leonard Cohen
Meatloaf
Peter Gabriel
Phish
R.E.M.
U2
Warren Zevon

That's quite an eclectic group there!  I have something from each of the above except for Stan Rogers.  I don't have any Woody Guthrie but I have the Wilco/Billy Bragg remake cds that came out a few years ago.  Meatloafs Bat Out of Hell deserves some kind of mention as an cd embedded on the collective conciousness of those who grew up in the 70's...still one of the greatest arena rock records of all time.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:21 am 

["Kingofpain89"]I tell you this is much harder to choose than the top 20 adventures of all time.  But I will give it a go.  My top ten albums:

10.  U2 - The Joshua Tree
9.  Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
8.  Joe Satriani - Flying In A Blue Dream
7.  Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason
6.  Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin
5.  Van Halen - 1984
4.  Queen - The Works
3.  Queensryche - Empire
2.  The Police - Every Breath You Take: The Singles
1.  Rush - Chronicles

The last two had to be greatest hits compilations.  I cant choose a favorite album from either of those bands.  And I could have easily changed my mind about 6 - 10 on any given day.  Metallica - Master of Puppets, Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom, Sting - Dream of the Blue Turtles, Peter Gabriel - So, Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mining...the list goes on and on.  :roll:

From reading others choices I realize that I probably have the most mainstream musical tastes of any member here.  I was definitely influenced more by 80's Top 40 music than anything else.

Hey Mike, why the hell arent you either a radio DJ or a music critic?  You know more about music than any ten people I know.

When I get an extra $100 a month I'm going to start my own webradio stations through a service like Live365 or LastFM.  It's really sad nowadays how terrible commercial radio is, how little Dj's do (everything is just programmed by a computer), and how dumb a lot of them sound.  I remember when you used to know your DJ like a good buddy; he would sometimes even slip his personal favorites into a late night play session.  We used to call up this guy who dj'ed nights on Q102 out of Dallas and get him to play us really crazy stuff like ELP's Brain Salad Surgery complete side two, or the live version of Led Zep's Stairway to Heaven....hell, no one was listening at those times anyway.  These guys were grizzled vets of the music world, some of them burnouts...thinking back they were probably only in their 30's but at the time that was "old" to us. But one thing is most of them knew music and could tell you all kinds of info about the musicians and bands, they knew their rock history.  You call now you probably get some 20 year old kid that thinks Nirvana is classic rock...
   I've heard nowadays that due to consolidation of FM stations, pretty much 90 percent of all US stations have the same 300-500 songs to draw from (with probably only 150 or so on the regular playlist).  To put that in perspective, I have over 8000 songs burned into my personal computer.  It's sad that I have over 7500 songs on my computer that most radio stations have in their entire format.

Sorry but I cant help myself here.  :P   Werewolves of London is the single worst song I have ever heard.  Except maybe for the shit New Kids on the Block or Vanilla Ice pooped out over the years.  And due to the disgust I feel toward that song, I have never listened to anything else that Warren Zevon has done.  The really sad thing is...my fiance loves that song.  I guess no one can be perfect.  Damnit...now I have that frickin' song stuck in my head.  Maybe listening to Debbie Gibson will nullify its effects? :D

Zevon is really pretty good....most of his stuff is a lot better.  He is by far the darkest, most morbid rocker of all time.  Who else in the 70's was writing about incest (Play It all Night Long), the living dead (Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner), necrophilia (Excitible Boy), suicidal lifestyles (Sleep When Im Dead), excessive drug use (every other song but most notably almost the entire first album), making the songs so damn hummable! His first album "Warren Zevon" has a lot of good songs in this vein..unlike Werewolves of London he has kind of a rollicking, folky storytelling style more similar to his buddy Jackson Browne (who guests on a lot of his songs).  His one flaw would be that most of his albums have one good song, a couple of decent songs, and the rest is filler. Plus Werewolves unfortunately tended to overshadow his entire career (he recently died of cancer in 2003). The albums Sentimental Hygiene and Transverse City are also pretty good. Just skip Excitible Boy (it was Werewolves on it....!) He's really an incredible character; go to Wikipedia for a good little summary of his life, you will be amused at the bizarre circumstances of his life and the weird, wild variety of friends he had (including Hunter S. Thompson, Igor Stravinsky, David Letterman, mystery writer Ross McDonald, Jackson Brown).  He was quite the character.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:01 pm 

Just some CDs I won't ever get tired of listening to... I am not always listening to them, but it is always pure pleasure to meet them again and again...

Cowboys Junkies, The trinity session.

Goldfrapp, Felt Mountain.

The Verve, Urban Hymns.

Future Sound of London, Dead cities.

Depeche Mode, 101, live in Pasadena.

Dead Can Dance, Into the Labyrinth.

Morrissey, Vauxhall and I.

Mazzy Star , Fade into you.

Frank Black , Frank Black.

Lisa Germano, Excerpts from a love circus.

It is very hard to only name 10... tomorrow I will change my mind.
No french band, despite of our cultural exception :wink:...
Well, maybe in my top 50, you will find Daft Punk, or Air... That's all.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:16 pm 

le Rahib wrote:Just some CDs I won't ever get tired of listening to... I am not always listening to them, but it is always pure pleasure to meet them again and again...

Cowboys Junkies, The trinity session.

Goldfrapp, Felt Mountain.

The Verve, Urban Hymns.

Future Sound of London, Dead cities.

Depeche Mode, 101, live in Pasadena.

Dead Can Dance, Into the Labyrinth.

Morrissey, Vauxhall and I.

Mazzy Star , Fade into you.

Frank Black , Frank Black.

Lisa Germano, Excerpts from a love circus.

It is very hard to only name 10... tomorrow I will change my mind.
No french band, despite of our cultural exception :wink:...
Well, maybe in my top 50, you will find Daft Punk, or Air... That's all.

The top ten I listed aren't even necessarily my favorites, just top ten cds everyone should own.  I could easily whip out a top 100, as well as top tens (or 20s) in every genre, decade, etc.  When I worked at the music store, using the music guides we had, we would work out our personal top ten for EACH YEAR from say 1970 to the present.  Great fun.  And like you I will change my mind very frequently depending on my mood.  Right now, for example, Radiohead's The Bends is getting quite the workout on the player (got away from them for years, really forgot how great this cd is).  
 I'm not familiar with some of the groups on your list, gives me something to look for.  However I agree with the Cowboy Junkies Trinity Session...they never had anything this good ever again, what an atmospheric, moody recording!  The first time I listend to it, I was in a college library late at night doing research. I put the cassette (newly purchased) into my walkman, stuck theheadphones in, pushed play, and heard silence...until Margo Timmins amazing voice sang the beginning of "Mining For Gold" acapella and absolutely blew me away..then segued into "Misguided Angel" which finished the job.  What a great cd!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:44 pm 

Let's go, here are some explanations on several albums. Maybe you will find something tasty!

Future Sound of London's Dead cities is electronic music, aggressive but very clever and interesting, i would say seminal... Not for clubbers or electro-addicts, but a real research on sounds, samples... Even if you don't like electronic music, try to listen to it. Schizophrenic? To hard for me to describe in your language!

Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain uses samples or electronic loops also, but it is more melancolic. Not far away from Portieshead for example. Very fragile, very pure. Take a deep breath!

The Verve's Urban Hymns is probably one of the best achievement in 'Brit Pop'. I really think that this is the record that bands like Blur, Oasis, Suede (or Stone Roses) always wanted to record.

Dead Can Dance's Into the Labyrinth is probably well knowned here, by RPG fans. The best track on Gladiator OST is signed by the singer of Dead Can Dance.

Morrissey, Vauxhall and I. Morrissey, the Smiths... well, I am sure that some britons here would explain that better than me!

Oh, and I have already changed my mind... I would add to my list Portieshead and Liz Phair...
Mike, I have really enjoyed the movie 'High Fidelity'! Every situation or season should have its personal 'top ten' :wink:  
I have compiled many tapes in the past, for each season... well, if I had more time nowadays... :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:30 pm 

le Rahib wrote:Let's go, here are some explanations on several albums. Maybe you will find something tasty!

Future Sound of London's Dead cities is electronic music, aggressive but very clever and interesting, i would say seminal... Not for clubbers or electro-addicts, but a real research on sounds, samples... Even if you don't like electronic music, try to listen to it. Schizophrenic? To hard for me to describe in your language!

Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain uses samples or electronic loops also, but it is more melancolic. Not far away from Portieshead for example. Very fragile, very pure. Take a deep breath!

The Verve's Urban Hymns is probably one of the best achievement in 'Brit Pop'. I really think that this is the record that bands like Blur, Oasis, Suede (or Stone Roses) always wanted to record.

Dead Can Dance's Into the Labyrinth is probably well knowned here, by RPG fans. The best track on Gladiator OST is signed by the singer of Dead Can Dance.

Morrissey, Vauxhall and I. Morrissey, the Smiths... well, I am sure that some britons here would explain that better than me!

Oh, and I have already changed my mind... I would add to my list Portieshead and Liz Phair...
Mike, I have really enjoyed the movie 'High Fidelity'! Every situation or season should have its personal 'top ten' :wink:  
I have compiled many tapes in the past, for each season... well, if I had more time nowadays... :roll:

I'm going to check out some of the electronic bands you mentioned...not usually my cup of tea as I usually like guitar oriented music, but I will try anything...
 Many of my friends have told me I resemble the characters of High Fidelity....I love making music lists. When we went on road trips back in the day we would pass the time by making lists of music, like ten best songs to drive to, or ten best first lines of songs, it kept up busy and was fun, so I got into the habit.  
 One of the great things nowadays is the ability to burn cds quickly and easily.  It used to take a large chunk out of your afternoon back in the day to record a 90 or 120 minute cassette off  your records! Now you just pick the tunes from your list on the computer and you have a nice new cd  ina few minutes.  It makes handing out music to others quick and easy also...I just burned a Warren Zevon cd for King to listen to on his honeymoon and it took approximately 8 minutes.... :D

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:47 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I'm going to check out some of the electronic bands you mentioned...not usually my cup of tea as I usually like guitar oriented music, but I will try anything...
 Many of my friends have told me I resemble the characters of High Fidelity....I love making music lists. When we went on road trips back in the day we would pass the time by making lists of music, like ten best songs to drive to, or ten best first lines of songs, it kept up busy and was fun, so I got into the habit.  
 One of the great things nowadays is the ability to burn cds quickly and easily.  It used to take a large chunk out of your afternoon back in the day to record a 90 or 120 minute cassette off  your records! Now you just pick the tunes from your list on the computer and you have a nice new cd  ina few minutes.  It makes handing out music to others quick and easy also...I just burned a Warren Zevon cd for King to listen to on his honeymoon and it took approximately 8 minutes.... :D

Mike B.

mike

my mum tells me i am just like the guy out of high fidelity :)

you want a band to listen to, check out Transmission. they are very cool for music.

if you want a bit more beef in the sound, check out headcount.

i just got their albums yesterday - superb in their own separate ways.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:49 pm 

if you want a few sample tracks from each gimme a shout and i will rip a few tracks and mail em over

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:46 pm 

I feel a little stupid replying to this thread after so long, but music is a subject I'm passionate about, so I just had to.

Having said that, I'm not into "albums" so much as I am concert recordings. Most of the bands I like these days are "taper-friendly," meaning they let fans record them and trade the recordings freely, as long as no money changes hands. The advent of 'net downloading resources such as archive.org and etree.org has made my collection of concert recordings jump exponentially.

So, without further adieu, here's my current playlist:

Widespread Panic - Blossom Music Ctr., Cuyahoga Falls, OH Aug. 10, 2006
Dave Matthews Band - Randall's Island, NY Aug. 6, 2006
moe. - Tower City Amp., Cleveland, OH July 2006
Grateful Dead - Spectrum, Philly, PA Sept. 12, 1990
Phish - Polaris Amp., Columbus, OH July 31, 1998
Talking Heads - Remain in Light (not ALL of them are concerts!)
Widespread Panic - Earth to America
Blues Traveler - Live From the Fall
Trey Anastasio & Mike Gordon w/ the Benevento/Russo Duo - Tower City Amp., Cleveland, OH July 19, 2006

Other artists I like but that have not been in heavy rotation lately:
Tangerine Dream
String Cheese Incident
Pink Floyd
Neil Young
Jehtro Tull
Genesis
ekoostik Hookah
Umphrey's McGee
Ozric Tentacles
Rush

Scott

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:51 am 

A Few Albums High on My Playlist:

Enya - The Celts

Loreena McKennitt - The Visit

Andreas Vollenweider - Book of Roses

Various Artists - Cosmos Soundtrack

Vangelis - Bladerunner Soundtrack

Rush - Moving Pictures

Roxy Music - Avalon  (especially the track: More Than This)

The Talking Heads - Sand in the Vaseline (A greatest hits set)

Big Country - The Crossing  (seriously)

Toto with Brian Eno - Dune Soundtrack

Basil Poledouris - Conan the Barbarian Soundtrack

David Bowie - Changes (A greatest hits CD)

Sting - Ten Summoner's Tales

Sting - The Soul Cages

Sting - The Living Sea Soundtrack

Fleetwood Mac The Dance  (reunion concert)

Graeme Revell - The Crow Soundtrack

Steven McDonald - Sons of Somerled

Anyway...there's a few that make the list.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:47 am 

Time to bump this thread....

I've gotten very interested in filling some holes in my music collection (this happens about 2-3 times a year and I buy about 10 cds until the next time it hits).  Anyway, I wanted to let all music lovers know about this website:

http://www.allmusic.com/

Great, great resource!  You can spend hours just listing music groups and playing bits of songs.  I love the format where most bands, even obscure bands, have excerpts of albums so you can listen and find out if you really like that style of music.  So far I have had a hard time stumping their search engine, almost every band I've entered has appeared.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:31 am 

Best albums of everytime (in no particular order):

Queen - Queen II
Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell II - Back into hell
Depeche Mode - Violator

Only three ... Yes  :wink:

... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:17 pm 

Radagast the Brown wrote:Best albums of everytime (in no particular order):

Queen - Queen II
Depeche Mode - Violator

Yes...oh yes.

For a good movie soundtrack:

Queen of the Damned

Excellent!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:31 pm 

Radagast the Brown wrote:Best albums of everytime (in no particular order):

Queen - Queen II
Depeche Mode - Violator

you gotta be kidding right ? :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Next