seller I bought from but haven't paid isn't registered now
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:25 am 

So I'm slightly unsure of what to do:  they had a few negs recently about unpaid, unsent materials, but were great on communications about the 4th printing @ that I was most interested in (I didn't win that, alas...).

Sell is @ eBay listings

What are your thoughts on paying this guy vs. seeking to cancel the sale since he's not active now???

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:31 am 

grodog wrote:So I'm slightly unsure of what to do:  they had a few negs recently about unpaid, unsent materials, but were great on communications about the 4th printing @ that I was most interested in (I didn't win that, alas...).

Sell is @ eBay listings

What are your thoughts on paying this guy vs. seeking to cancel the sale since he's not active now???

Allen, you actually bought from that guy looking at his feedback and after all the negative pub he has already got here?  I think that you would have been the third person from here that they would have screwed. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:33 am 

grodog wrote:So I'm slightly unsure of what to do:  they had a few negs recently about unpaid, unsent materials, but were great on communications about the 4th printing @ that I was most interested in (I didn't win that, alas...).

Sell is @ eBay listings

Just cancel and move on.  He is unreliable and you are just asking for trouble.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:34 am 

I hadn't seen the negative pub here, Brian, just the 4th prints recently mentioned (which I hadn't won, which I guess if fortunate...).  So, what's the scoop?

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:41 am 

grodog wrote:I hadn't seen the negative pub here, Brian, just the 4th prints recently mentioned (which I hadn't won, which I guess if fortunate...).  So, what's the scoop?

Well, he definitely stole from Shane and I am pretty sure that he also stole from Marlith. Take a look at his feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... id=buzz810

96.3% with 67 neutrals and 103 negs in the last 6 months.  Ugly, very ugly.

Here is Shane's original post:

viewtopic.php?p=60833&highlight=buzz810#60833

And then there some other follow up after one of my posts about a month later:

viewtopic.php?p=64666&highlight=buzz810#64666

Yikes, stay away from that guy at all costs, even if he somehow ends up back on Ebay.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:32 pm 

That guys feedback is crap, I wouldnt have bid on anything from him no matter what it was.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:11 pm 

Just glad they are off Ebay now.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:53 pm 

That happened to me once. I won an auction, paid for it, then the next time I logged on the Seller was no longer registered. I sent him a message through Ebay and about a week later he replied to me saying he had been suspended for bidding on his own auctions, but that he just did it on a couple of items he decided he didn't want to sell. I did receive the item - though he massively overcharged on postage. He eventually got his suspension removed and is trading again.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:05 pm 

Yeah, I hadn't looked sufficiently closely before bidding, alas....

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:07 pm 

Doesn't it seem that with all those negs his score should be lower than 96.3% ????

I know the math works, but it certainly is no reflective of the way this guy operates. And you know he simple closed down under this name and is restarting...

Kill the deal. Otherwise you are throwing your money away.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:00 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:That happened to me once. I won an auction, paid for it, then the next time I logged on the Seller was no longer registered. I sent him a message through Ebay and about a week later he replied to me saying he had been suspended for bidding on his own auctions, but that he just did it on a couple of items he decided he didn't want to sell. I did receive the item - though he massively overcharged on postage. He eventually got his suspension removed and is trading again.

I got burned in a similar way about a year back . . . I won a copy of FR9 from a guy who had a great record on feedback (almost no negs or neutrals at all), only to never receive the item at all--did get most of the money back--and his feedback went to pot at the same time as my auction occurred.  (Strangely, a few other buyers around the same time had no problems . . .  :?: )

I never heard from the guy even after five e-mails; I initiated a non-delivery report (got $$$ back), but forgot to neg his feedback ( :x ) in time; turns out he is no longer a seller on ebay . . . the only time I've had a problem from the seller's end in nearly two years and over a hundred wins.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:00 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:That happened to me once. I won an auction, paid for it, then the next time I logged on the Seller was no longer registered. I sent him a message through Ebay and about a week later he replied to me saying he had been suspended for bidding on his own auctions, but that he just did it on a couple of items he decided he didn't want to sell. I did receive the item - though he massively overcharged on postage. He eventually got his suspension removed and is trading again.

I got burned in a similar way about a year back . . . I won a copy of FR9 from a guy who had a great record on feedback (almost no negs or neutrals at all), only to never receive the item at all--did get most of the money back--and his feedback went to pot at the same time as my auction occurred.  (Strangely, a few other buyers around the same time had no problems . . .  :?: )

I never heard from the guy even after five e-mails; I initiated a non-delivery report (got $$$ back), but forgot to neg his feedback ( :x ) in time; turns out he is no longer a seller on ebay . . . the only time I've had a problem from the seller's end in nearly two years and over a hundred wins.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:30 am 

bbarsh wrote:Doesn't it seem that with all those negs his score should be lower than 96.3% ????

I know the math works, but it certainly is no reflective of the way this guy operates. And you know he simple closed down under this name and is restarting...

Thats why the rating system is crap.  Generally I won'y buy from anyone under 99%.  The lowest rating I have purchased from in the last few months was 99.4%.

It always amazes me how long eBay lets these idiots continue trading.  Actually, I take that back its all about eBays profit.

Al, you should know better after all the horror stories documented on this site.  At least in this case you weren't burnt.