Where have all the good men gone....?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:20 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:Hey Everyone, how's it going?

I mostly just stir up trouble on DF these days . . . but I'm still around now and again.

BTB, good to see you're still around too, bro. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:51 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:Hey Everyone, how's it going?

I mostly just stir up trouble on DF these days . . . but I'm still around now and again.

:D

Great to see you drop over B!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 am 

Let's see...

Working on a new novel.  It's my first foray into real science fiction.  Given the story line it may turn out to be a trilogy.  I'll shamelessly self-promote it once it's done (I know you're thrilled).

Having fun with my kids as they wade through the hormone-driven dysfunctional jungle known as middle school.
Love watching my son play football and my daughter dance (ballet, jazz, hip hop).

Helping take care of my mother-in-law, who has Alzheimer's, which is way too soon after my own mom's decline.  Trying to keep my poor wife from going bat-shit crazy watching her mom "go away."

Listen to a lot of audiobooks these days, alternating between Stephen King and history books.
I watch a lot of college football (I'm not a happy Alabama fan).
Starting a blog about my hometown, Huntsville, Alabama.  Neat place.  Y'all should come visit.  

Haven't been posting on here as often as I used to because the office I had had on the Arsenal blocked "game" sites.
Now that I'm back at my corporate office I can post more regularly.

Really wish I could play D&D more.  My son loves RPGs, and is my only player, but prefers Pathfinder because of all manner of intangibles.  Paizo's setting and attention to detail are awesome, but man, 3.75E is so freakin' complicated... or maybe I'm just getting old and lazy.

Starting to build my collection of 1E modules.  
I think I am satisfied with my collection of OD&D and The Dragon, so it's time to focus on AD&D.
I'd love to find a cool series of 1E modules to study, either classic ones or new OSR material, or both.

My problem here, Facebook, Twitter, my blog, real life, etc., is that I simply lose focus and can't... ooh, shiny!

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:43 am 

Just an apology to say that I did not mean to imply I am a "good man" and especially not someone of any importance around here... but, this is a nice place and I hope to start collecting again once the new year rolls over. After all, work promised a 15% pay increase.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:10 pm 

copycat wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:Just an apology to say that I did not mean to imply I am a "good man" and especially not someone of any importance around here... but, this is a nice place and I hope to start collecting again once the new year rolls over. After all, work promised a 15% pay increase.

I think most folks posting here are good men (or rarer women) so you're all good.
:)
--Ron--

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:29 pm 

rredmond wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?: so you're all good.
:)
--Ron--

I'm not.

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:31 am 

So when you say good is that lawful good, chaotic good, or neutral good?  Hehe. Couldn't resist

Peter Green

It isn't easy being Green

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:24 am 

You can have a multi-class fighter-thief-magic user, so why not Chaotic-Neutral-Good?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:11 pm 

I had a fighter-thief-Mage once. He was neutral evil. I always played good characters. Thought it would be fun. The party let me keep track if the treasure and I kept a large portion for myself. They didn't figure it out until he died and they looted his body. I even named my character iago. And no one gussed he was a jerk.

It isn't easy being Green

Previous