Where have all the good men gone....?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:44 pm 

It's funny, I recognize the name (I've been around a while too) and I wish I knew what he was talking about. How the hell did he turn this place into a "ghost town"? Half of the old activity was outing assholes like him, the rest is discussion about this hobby we love. We discuss new things as they pop up, but, what's new in a hobby where the stuff is 40 years old? I guess delusions ARE real for some people. lol

Zen

P.S. Damn I do miss Holmes...I mean Bclarkie...good to see you again man. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:45 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:..and just to prove to you Brian that I've still got the stuff:

https://www.facebook.com/david.howarth. ... ion=stream

Foul

See? If I was an old gray balding man I'd try to puff myself up via online bullshit too. :)

Zen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:09 pm 

Well, that escalated quickly.  :lol:

FoulFoot wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:Not sure how I missed all this drama while it was going on.  I think the relevant posts were in threads I didn't read, I guess.

MetaSigma = Radovarl = Flatlander = mellmorranth = mr-monte-hall = David Howarth.  There were several other IDs (at least three), but they were banned long ago.

I definitely knew he had multiple IDs(including banned ones), though until now he was related to the mr-monte-hall one and a couple of the others.

FoulFoot wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:Ah, the ban hammer.  Long have I missed thee.

Foul

Thanks for that.  

Sad to say, I'm sure he'll be back sooner or later though.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:10 pm 

FoulFoot wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:..and just to prove to you Brian that I've still got the stuff:

https://www.facebook.com/david.howarth. ... ion=stream

Foul

You beat me to it.  :wink:

Zenfinite wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:P.S. Damn I do miss Holmes...I mean Bclarkie...good to see you again man. :)

Thanks, it's good to be back. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:01 pm 

I thought Mr Monte Hall was an entirely different asshole.  He did show up a few years back and confess to a few things he did behind the scenes as well as apologize, and send me a private email, but I didn't keep it to double check.

David Howarth? Man, that guy is an entire 1000 pounds of assholery rolled up in a box of turds.  Is that Radovarl also?  Rad has actually made me laugh on occasion but is definitely a troll first and anything-game-related second.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:06 pm 

Frankly, my auto-banning chatbot probably has more to do with "where have all the good men gone" than Radovarl.  

Foul

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:23 pm 

It was rather effective :)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:30 am 

FoulFoot wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:Not sure how I missed all this drama while it was going on.  I think the relevant posts were in threads I didn't read, I guess.

MetaSigma = Radovarl = Flatlander = mellmoranth = mr-monte-hall = David Howarth.  There were several other IDs (at least three), but they were banned long ago.

Ah, the ban hammer.  Long have I missed thee.

Foul

Well, that explains a great deal. This guy had some sort of axe to grind with me and I never really knew why. He always seemed to jump in and attack on anything I posted; notably Pacesetter mailing issues. Guess what? Mr. David Howarth never bought a single Pacesetter item. Not one. No big deal, but he sure enjoyed bitching about Pacesetter. What an asshat.

Edit: Just to be sure, I went through orders from both my current website and the previous site. I also scanned through my shipping label lists. Everyone who has ordered anything is on that list. Not one single order from this jerk, but at least 20 posts saying he never received stuff - over several releases. I see several posts where I offer him refunds, reparations, whatever, but no responses that actually included a direct reply to the issue. Just more bullshit. There were some real problems and they were not good. I took responsibility and I just assumed if someone was going to the effort of posting about a missing item, they were being honest. Now I see this guy was just a flat out liar. I have a feeling this is the same guy who posted other lies on another forum. His posts are just too suspiciously similar to what he wrote here. I also noticed he used at least two of his identities to post about missing items. I am sure there are more, but I am just too pissed to dig any more on this. Water under the bridge.

Thank you Brian and Scott!

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:52 am 

bbarsh wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:

MetaSigma = Radovarl = Flatlander = mellmoranth = mr-monte-hall = David Howarth.  There were several other IDs (at least three), but they were banned long ago.

Ah, the ban hammer.  Long have I missed thee.

Foul

Well, that explains a great deal. This guy had some sort of axe to grind with me and I never really knew why. He always seemed to jump in and attack on anything I posted; notably Pacesetter mailing issues. Guess what? Mr. David Howarth never bought a single Pacesetter item. Not one. No big deal, but he sure enjoyed bitching about Pacesetter. What an asshat.

Edit: Just to be sure, I went through orders from both my current website and the previous site. I also scanned through my shipping label lists. Everyone who has ordered anything is on that list. Not one single order from this jerk, but at least 20 posts saying he never received stuff - over several releases. I see several posts where I offer him refunds, reparations, whatever, but no responses that actually included a direct reply to the issue. Just more bullshit. There were some real problems and they were not good. I took responsibility and I just assumed if someone was going to the effort of posting about a missing item, they were being honest. Now I see this guy was just a flat out liar. I have a feeling this is the same guy who posted other lies on another forum. His posts are just too suspiciously similar to what he wrote here. I also noticed he used at least two of his identities to post about missing items. I am sure there are more, but I am just too pissed to dig any more on this. Water under the bridge.

Thank you Brian and Scott!

He's a professional troll.  He used to jump on James Maliszewki's blog all the time and go nuts.  He's been kicked off half a dozen other blogs and forums over the years because he never adds to the conversation, just bitches about stuff and piles on to existing issues.  

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:12 pm 

Moral of the story...

Don't piss of Bclarkie.

'nuff said   :)

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:17 pm 

Invincible Overlord wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:Don't piss of Bclarkie.

Why, what do you mean? What could possibly happen? (Although I'm not sure I'll believe you if you tell me.)

Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:58 pm 

BClarkie = Chatbot = KacyCrawford.  

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:30 pm 

Oh my...... looks like I have some research/reading to do to get caught up on THIS one, lolz

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:10 am 

What? Acaeum isn't a ghost town because of that. The truth is, I ran out of lemur jokes. And we all know you've just been coming here for the lemur jokes for years.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:50 am 

Is the Acaeum a ghost town?

I still visit daily, but I'm not the talkative type. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:45 pm 

Honestly, if ghost town means less drive-by morons coming on here spewing nonsense, then I'm all for it...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:56 pm 

Badmike wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:Honestly, if ghost town means less drive-by morons coming on here spewing nonsense, then I'm all for it...

Mike B.

I prefer quality over quantity.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:47 pm 

Not that anyone noticed, but I haven't been around because I've done nothing worth mentioning, seen nothing to talk about, and have found less. A collector with no funds is a broken man. In several ways.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

PreviousNext