Where have all the good men gone....?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:18 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
I hope he is OK

I can confirm that David is in fact okay. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Good to know, thanks!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

He just posted on Dragonsfoot this weekend, in the Alarums & Excursions thread:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 72&start=5

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:26 am 

Its a bit odd how several regular posters stopped posting right around Gencon.  Most of the one's I'm thinking of are still around, they're just not posting.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:25 am 

well in the end its their choice - sad to see them not posting still, but hey you cant force someone to eh?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:25 am 

Could it be that they've been scared off by the title you receive for having too many posts?
8O
Eh Al? :lol:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:49 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Could it be that they've been scared off by the title you receive for having too many posts?
8O
Eh Al? :lol:

you been at the australian equivalent of moonshine again :D

Al

ps. i think if the aussies dont win the 1st test, you may as well all pack up and go home now.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:05 pm 

Hic! Burp!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:58 pm 

well they won that one easily enough.

lets hope the 2nd test is a little more of a proper match. would be a shame to see it be too one-sided.

thats what i enjoyed about the last ashes, because it was so close....every game could have gone either way.

ah well.

few good things to come out of the game for england, but generally, total shambles.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:20 am 

Actually it could still have been washed away as the forecast for Brisbane was for showers.

I really hate the fact that it finished on Monday - had to work, where'as my wife was home for all 5 days and got to watch nearly all of it (when the kids let her that is :wink: )

I definitely prefer it when it's close (especially if we win) :lol:

I managed to get tickets for the game when it's on in Perth in a few weeks so look for me, I'll be the one waving   8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:41 pm 

PurpleDragon has resurfaced over on the Planescape Subweb. He's making a grand entrance too. He's planing on puting his copy of the legendary PS Sketchbook on eBay!

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:58 pm 

Ya, I didn't mean to nor want to disappear. Unfortunately, life likes to throw the occasional curveball. About a year and a half ago I jumped back on here with the intention of keeping in contact, but then life threw a slider...may have been a fork ball...but definitly not a split-finger pitch. Where was I...

I have been pursuing a masters degree in history with the intention of teaching high school history. We also moved, just within the city, but you all know how any move can muck up a situation. Needless to say, I was moving the boxes of D&D stuff and was thinking "You know, you really do not have the chance to enjoy this stuff that much anymore and it seems a shame when someone else might. So why not keep a few of your nostalgic items (like some of the early first edition modules and one set of rulebooks) and just sell the rest. So several months later and the occasional reminder from my most loving wife, I decided to start posting some items. I figured I would start with a bit of a bang with the Misty Isles and then go from there. I also figured the sketchbook mention would be bring a little jolt.*

*Once again, I am still a bit more than timid about it...but I think posting it with a $500 reserve may be the best way to go. I mean seriously, just how much is something like that worth?** There have been what...3 sales of it on Ebay in about 5 years, and all with low-ball BINs. Go figure.

**and I am not trying to push up the price with that statement, just sincerely curious

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:00 pm 

Oh, and don't worry about Cougarrinard getting involved in any of my auctions. I have had him on block for years.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:15 pm 

Has anyone noticed the absence of Killjoy?

He visted yesterday (12/24) but he has not posted since December 8th.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:36 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Has anyone noticed the absence of Killjoy?

He visted yesterday (12/24) but he has not posted since December 8th.

He's trying to keep his posts down.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:41 pm 

Plaag wrote:
He's trying to keep his posts down.

ShaneG.

Why?  Is there some new and hideous title he might earn if he crosses the next post limit?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:05 am 

hey peeps

just a flashing visit :)

merry christmas to everyone - hope youre all having a great time.

tbh, i have totally lost interest in everything to do with all this for the time being (will keep my reasons to myself), but i pop on from time to time to see whats going on.

hope youre all ok? :) (and not eating too many roasts n mince pies) ;)

*waves*

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:42 pm 

LOL…

I'm still alive… I was just poking around and noticed this thread. My interest in "collecting" hasn't waned, its just simmering on the backburner for awhile. To tell you the truth I picked up quite a few goodies at last summers GenCon; including the DMG manuscript, prototype dice for the original Basic Box Set (colors never before seen), and original art form RPGA1  by Darlene… Oh, and I almost forgot original art for the first Grayhawk supplement. --- Mr. Pumpkin-head…  :lol:

The two bargains of the trip were a True-First Grayhawk Supplement for $18 and Jeff Easley sold me the original sketch for the 3rd edition PHB cover for a song… What a guy if you get a chance to chat with him.

Anyway, I'm still lurking, and I'm in the process of shuffling around through our collection deciding important gaps to fill.

See you cats around, and I anything I'll be working the Dwarven Forge booth again this summer. And I am looking forward to an "official" Acaeum gathering if someone puts it together. A few of us had an impromptu lunch and chat last year that was a blast.

Mike  :D

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

PreviousNext