Where have all the good men gone....?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:24 pm 

improvstone wrote:
Back on topic ... Killjoy is around ... spoke to him yesterday.  Family and health wise he is still doing well. I am sure he will be around here soon to ensure his posting record is not broken.  :lol:

It seems like he went off on some sort of uber-survival run and has not been back since.... :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:32 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
It seems like he went off on some sort of uber-survival run and has not been back since.... :?

He's still around but quite busy.  He indicated to me the last time I spoke with him that he would definitely be back at the NTRPG Con this year, and may attend Gencon also if all works out.  If he attends NTRPG Con this year he has indicated he will also run another event (not a Tegel Manor crawl this time, but something different). Al's games are always quite....interesting!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:05 pm 

Badmike wrote:If he attends NTRPG Con this year he has indicated he will also run another event (not a Tegel Manor crawl this time, but something different). Al's games are always quite....interesting!

Mike B.

Return to Badabaskor?  8)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:09 pm 

Has anyone seen or heard from grubbiv? I had regular communications here and via private email, but no contact since late November. We were discussing the wiki fix, but no emails since Nov 26.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 am 

I keep hoping Xaxaxe will de-cloak and say hello.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:33 am 

hello chaps!

as indicated in other threads, i am indeed alive and very much kicking.

i went to south africa with kaz in october...had a fantastic time. went to visit her sister in midrand (part of jo'burg) and did some cool stuff around there....especially the most excellent rhino and lion park...was about the most incredible experience of seeing animals i have ever had!

we then went 1000km west to the augrabies falls national park, where i did a race there (go visit www.extrememarathons.com for further details) - not having had that much chance to train, having already been not ready for a previous event in the Gobi desert and only 8 weeks prep for this one, i was very worried. but it all panned out very well and finished the 237km in a super 46 hours or something - quite incredible for me. i managed to knock 7 hours off my previous long day stage and it was 10km further too (long stage was 82km, which i did in just under 17hrs). it was a truly spectacular experience and having kaz crewing on the race, so i saw her at the odd checkpoint through the week was an amazing morale booster and having her stood there on the finish line, waiting for me as i came running around the corner, was something i shall never forget. a real memorable time. on top of all that i managed to catch some of the ICC champions cricket too! saw england get stuffed by new zealand, and we watched australia beat pakistan by 1 run as well - great fun.

after then...well life took back over and i just been doing stuff. not working, though didnt want to at that time. spending time with family etc. mum hasnt been too good and dad isnt the greatest so being around, had the chance to keep an eye on them both.

xmas/new year i have damaged my knee and so cant run - am currently trying to get that sorted so fingers crossed. i was due to be going to indonesia this year for an event, but i think that ones been kaiboshed, so will prb sit out this year, dependant on what happens with the knee. kaz wants to go back to SA to see her sis again next year, so if we go, i will be doing the Augrabies race again, but thats a fair way off, so we shall see what happens.

i havent had funds to collect hardly anything, though i did pick up some beholder fanzines somewhere. other than that, nada....been selling things mostly.

am going to try and come over to the states....cant say for sure yet, as to where and what yet....but i will do some planning and talk things over with kaz and see whats what.

but am here :)

great to see mike (improvstone) about and a huge HEY MAN to bclarkie. others above who have issues with the guy, i just want to say, i have dealt with BC many times over the years, buying AND selling and never once, did we ever have a problem that wasnt easily sorted and every transaction either way, has been most satisfactorily concluded.... at least the guy is looking out for folks - not everyone likes that, but i think its always great to have someone there doing that....but i guess sometimes, its one of them thankless tasks, as you tend to always be in the firing line somehow.

and a huge hello to everyone else once more!

:)

take care, Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:50 pm 

wow, that's some serious endurance effort Al, well done on that... I'm taking on a little thing myself, but nothing in your league!

Walking the Ridgeway at Easter, 87 miles in 4days, in aid of the local special care baby unit, where both my boys spent some time.

8)
Shameless plug again (thanks to the guys & girls here who have already donated, it is very gratefully received)

www.justgiving.com/Chalky-13

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:03 pm 

87 miles in 4 days is no small task.

Small donation has been made.  Keep up the good work.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:58 pm 

Prufrock wrote:87 miles in 4 days is no small task.

Small donation has been made.  Keep up the good work.

Martin

PDT_Armataz_01_34

Cheers Martin, appreciate that!  :)

Dave

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:17 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:wow, that's some serious endurance effort Al, well done on that... I'm taking on a little thing myself, but nothing in your league!

Walking the Ridgeway at Easter, 87 miles in 4days, in aid of the local special care baby unit, where both my boys spent some time.

8)
Shameless plug again (thanks to the guys & girls here who have already donated, it is very gratefully received)

www.justgiving.com/Chalky-13

awesome effort!!! listen and i say this many many times. just because i do this or do that, i do it because i want to, and its something that interests me and is an "almost impossible" challenge to me. i dont do that for glory or ppl sitting there in awe blah blah....sheesh. anyone can do it with the right time, preparation and fitness (physical and mental). it IS done by choice...thats it.

yours however, is done for a cause. that is always a massively admirable thing man...never forget that. and also, 87 miles in 4 days is no mean feat either!

well done for taking up the effort - i wish you very well on it!

my one piece of advice....look after your feet. without them, you won't be walking squat :)

all the best and please let me know how it goes!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:16 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I keep hoping Xaxaxe will de-cloak and say hello.

Yo!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:19 pm 

Hey Xaxaxe!

What have you been up to?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:58 pm 

Too much Real Life, basically.

I've now got two ankle-biters running around ... work situation is shaky ... not as much time as I'd like for collecting/discussing old TSR stuff. A familiar song-and-dance to many here, I'm sure.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:19 pm 

Bumpiddy.

Seriously, what happened here?  This place is so quiet now.  

Where are all the regular posters from a few years ago?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:02 pm 

Still a kickin chicken :)

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:Bumpiddy.
Seriously, what happened here?  This place is so quiet now.  
Where are all the regular posters from a few years ago?

Still around and still collecting (a bit). Less money and time as I am both studying and working - but you wait until 2015 and then I will be back with a vengeance!!  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:58 pm 

I took a break for a year or more, until recently. Not sure if I qualify as a "good man", but anyway. Sorry, I don't remember you from back then.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:43 pm 

I would have PMed this, just for the lulz, but since I'm blocked( :lol: ), I'll post it here.

MetaSigma wrote in Where have all the good men gone....?:I took a break for a year or more, until recently. Not sure if I qualify as a "good man", but anyway. Sorry, I don't remember you from back then.

Hi Dave aka Radovarl, etc., you remember me just fine.

As a matter of fact, you posted about me just a few weeks ago on yourdungeonissuck.  I must have really made an impression you.   I mean I was pretty much gone a good 3+ years prior to your post there.  :o

If you gave Michael Curtis only $100, Michael Curtis is giving you one final warning to give him more money or fuck you, you lose | Your Dungeon Is Suck.

CKDB -- Thank you, thank you, though you (really) are too kind. On the other hand, you should see what I've almost single-handedly done to the Acaeum since '08. It's like a ghost-town, now (basically to the point where I don't bother visiting any longer). I like to think of myself as a sort of sleeper agent, whereas YDIS is the public face of OSR-hate. Come to think of it, you can look at some of my work on the ol' Assyum (sorry, when in Rome), by searching under the username Radovarl there. I had a little help from an OCD fucktard named bclarkie, but isn't that always the way with these things? I invite you to guess what my current handle there is…. :-) .

I knew long ago you were posting under this ID. I just did not have the time or the inclination to start yet another clusterf**k on here with you.  Did you really think that you were hiding, though?

Wow, this guy should get some kind of award for self-delusion.

Based on the first post I quoted, it appears that you'll have to give it up first.

BTW, I thought you claimed you weren't visiting here anymore?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext