Where have all the good men gone....?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:55 pm 

FormCritic wrote:Fact is, I miss Brian the collector.

#1 Brian the collector and ferreter-outer of conmen I enjoyed.  He added immensely to this forum.

#2 Brian the self-appointed forum cop I didn't enjoy as much...in case anyone doesn't remember he pretty much called Doug Rhea a thieving POS and never apologized or backed off that assumption.  I know for a fact he overstepped himself on that one and he lost a lot of my respect with that assumption.

I hope when he does return to these boards, it's Brian #1 we hear from....he was a lot of fun.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:09 pm 

Note to Tharizdun.

When a buy it now requires immediate payment....  you have to PAY to complete the contract.  Ebay and Paypal both confirmed that I won the artworks by meeting the terms of the sale.  Dunno why you are crying sour grapes.  I am the one that didn't get everything I won and paid for on the buy it nows.  I hit the buy it now and paid immediately... as the listings required.

Pipswich Peddles (and trades) for his collection!  
http://stores.ebay.com/Pipswich-Peddles

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:38 pm 

I'm not the person here you screwed Pip :wink: I'm not "crying sour grapes" either. Just calling you out for your shady tactics. If you like, it can be broken down right here though 8)

Ask me about my new M16!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:55 pm 

Well, given that I have asked you personally on the phone and by pm several times what your issue is...  and your message here now demonstrates that it is hearsay anyway, why don't you send me a pm with your concern.  It may be resolvable, and you have certainly only heard one side of the story since I haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:58 pm 

Not quite, Pip sent me a pm reciting his side of the story.
I'll let the offended party post here when he has the time :wink:

Chalk me up to missing BC as well even though I'm not in his circle of friends... just fun (and astonishingly accuarate) reading 8)

Note to Pip: I'm also curious about the good guys that BC ran away from here. What great guys did he run off???

Ask me about my new M16!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 pm 

If there is an offended party, the obvious first course would be for them to ask me about the matter.  Since I expect this is about the buy it now art that I was told someone tried to buy but didn't complete payment on and that ebay legitimately sold to me... when I met the immediate payment required condition of sale, then the resolution they got from the seller was more than they should have.  I am the one who met the contract terms and paid... but did not get all of the items that I won and paid for immediately.  That's simple enough.

In any event, I have gone out of my way to be fair with people while trying not to be taken advantage of in the process.  When I think there is a question of ownership, or shady dealings, I don't play silly games on the forum.  I either post... does someone here own this (like the TSR sign) or I contact related parties directly and ask them.  I would like to think that anyone here who thought they had an issue with me or something I purchased would send a pm and ask about it.  Like everyone here, when I buy from a seller, I have to rely on their statement of ownership and clear title.  If a seller does not reveal material facts, then I can't be aware of them until they are disclosed.  

I won't try to define "great guys" or express opinions that simply prolong the polarized nature of discussing the relative merits of BC on this forum.  It seems prudent to agree to disagree and try not to prolong the discussion.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:58 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Brian may have rubbed some people the wrong way but when he went sniffing for crooks and shysters he was almost always correct about them.

Pipswich wrote:[Bclarkie] also ran a lot of good people away from here.

deimos3428 wrote:Oh really?  Name one, please.  As I recall, everyone he ran off deserved it in spades.

Well, i know i wasnt considered that much on these boards but pls be aware of the fact that i decided to leave the Acaeum due to the lies and (fake) accusations of your fellow... and it happened one week after i had been asked to be part of the Acaeum valuation board, i really feel bad for having left... i honestly think i didnt deserve it: what he wrote was pure invention of his mind and IMHO it happened to me but i believe to many others...

Anyway, thanks and happy new year to everyone.

Goodbye,
axel

absit iniuria verbis

** Banned **

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:54 am 

aia wrote:
Well, i know i wasnt considered that much on these boards but pls be aware of the fact that i decided to leave the Acaeum due to the lies and (fake) accusations of your fellow... and it happened one week after i had been asked to be part of the Acaeum valuation board, i really feel bad for having left... i honestly think i didnt deserve it: what he wrote was pure invention of his mind and IMHO it happened to me but i believe to many others...

Anyway, thanks and happy new year to everyone.

Goodbye,
axel

absit iniuria verbis

Pardon me in advance for speaking out of turn about something that happened before I joined the forum, but I was a lurker here for a looong time before that and do remember this incident pretty clearly. As I recall, you got upset that bclarkie declared the actual value of an item sent to you on a customs form, rather than misrepresent the value to save you some money. The exchange then degenerated into both of you flaming each other. Seems to me you had no cause to be so outraged.

On the other hand, one of the main reasons I finally decided to register was that the tone of the board seemed to have mellowed over the last year or so, and I attribute that in part to the absence of some users with combative attitudes. Just my take.

Ithaca Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:46 am 

Wow.  Human nature... it remains the same no matter which game site I frequent.

But though my experience here is very limited so far, truth is you guys seem a lot more mature and considerate than the place I am used to.  Kudos for that.

Live and in yo face!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:13 pm 

MetamorphosisSigma wrote:
Pardon me in advance for speaking out of turn about something that happened before I joined the forum, but I was a lurker here for a looong time before that and do remember this incident pretty clearly. As I recall, you got upset that bclarkie declared the actual value of an item sent to you on a customs form, rather than misrepresent the value to save you some money. The exchange then degenerated into both of you flaming each other. Seems to me you had no cause to be so outraged.

On the other hand, one of the main reasons I finally decided to register was that the tone of the board seemed to have mellowed over the last year or so, and I attribute that in part to the absence of some users with combative attitudes. Just my take.

Seems a pretty good assessment of the situation to me..

viewtopic.php?p=121846&highlight=#121846

I had no issue with aia, I was rarely on the boards until late last year I guess, although I popped on and off for a couple of years, so I just saw that he was here and then disappeared.

Meta's post above covers it very well, so I can't see anything untoward from bc, other than perhaps going public.

However, I agree with Meta as well, the whole atmosphere has relaxed around the site and community, apart from the occasional and well deserved sacrificial nailing of the head to the floor of the random idiots that decide to start a fire...   :lol:

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:32 pm 

ashmire13 wrote:random idiots that decide to start a fire...   :lol:

Just makes you want to break out and sing...

"We didn't start the fire...." *cough* maybe not, or... "I fell in to a burning ring of fire..."

I know a way to get Brian back to talking.  Penn got lucky, should have never been a penalty for trying to get people off the ball so that more plays could be run. :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:54 pm 

If this is the guy I am thinking of he suggested to me that charging anything more than exact postage was wrong. Even the cost of the envelop or box was too much. He also was angry that I didn't professionally grade every item I sold. Selling and buying needed to be taken with the utmost seriousness and done his way. Came off as a total douche to me. I remember thinking if this is the kind of asshole that hangs out here I am not sure I want to be here as well and I left.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 pm 

I like bclarkie.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:48 pm 

Icar wrote:If this is the guy I am thinking of he suggested to me that charging anything more than exact postage was wrong. Even the cost of the envelop or box was too much. He also was angry that I didn't professionally grade every item I sold. Selling and buying needed to be taken with the utmost seriousness and done his way. Came off as a total douche to me. I remember thinking if this is the kind of asshole that hangs out here I am not sure I want to be here as well and I left.

I'm not sure about the rest of the board, but, this is EXACTLY the type of "asshole" I want selling me D&D collectibles. To each his own, I suppose. Miss ya Bclarkie. Come back soon amigo.

Zenfinite

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:34 am 

If having someone talk down to you with a misplaced sense of smug superiority is your thing then I guess I could see why you would miss him. I prefer friendly, easy going people when I do business.

There are lots of great sellers here should I list them? They are professionals as well, just relaxed and enjoying what they do rather than enduring it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:14 am 

Wow another thread that has been thrown off course.  Thanks guys keep up the good work. :?

The question from bbrash was simple. Has anyone heard from Brain? Well has anyone?    

Pipswich wrote:... but also ran a lot of good people away from here.

You know it is threads like this that keep me away from this site. Brian isn't even here and yet look at the crap being dished out.

I weary of this.  Gaming is meant to bring people closer together.  :x

Foul, close off this thread and throw it in the bin.  It serves no purpose except for those who feel the need for a pedestal to voice their opinions of others.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:08 am 

Actually if Foul would pull out the Troll Banner Hammer +10 and use it on pipswich, who contributes nothing to the Acaeum but Troll posts, it would solve a huge portion of the problems

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:36 am 

Brian posted in another thread a week ago.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext