Is your post office ran by incompetant stupid ass baboons ?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:26 am 

Mostly my PO is good. I'm dropping stuff off at the local PO, which is often quite busy, all the time. Just about everyone working there recognizes me, and they're all pretty competent.

I've had some mixed results for delivery though. At my current appartment, the two delivery people I've got are (thankfully) quite good. The package guy is awesome, he knows to just hit the buzzer, wait for the static garble that indicates I'm home, and then leaves whatever it is downstairs. If there's a lot of packages, he actually helps me carry them upstairs. No joke. I just about died of shock the first time he did it, heh.

Now, at my previous appartment, I had similar nightmares with folding of stuff. Check this out:

Yeah, that's a Grenadier miniatures box that got folded to fit into my tiny little appartment mailbox.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:49 am 

The only problem which I had with USPS was when I was paying by money order (yes, at age 42, I STILL didn't have my own credit card! :roll: !).  I sent one to Georgia--I even think it was to one member of this forum   :oops:  :) )--and she almost put a non-payment strike on me; it turned out OK . . . until I got the @%^#$%@ original envelope back five weeks after I sent it; it was stuck in the "lost" pile at the post office in Georgia (not the seller's fault :!:  :!: )!!

As for receiving--I should at least get my postman something more at Christmas; he has had to walk most of my purchases to the door in the last year or so (box size won't fit in the mailbox), and has been VERY helpful on postal questions.

RE: a larger mailbox:  I think you can find larger (i.e. the type you sometimes see outside businesses, etc.) mailboxes at any good hardware store (Ace, Lowe's, Home Depot);  does anyone know if having TWO boxes at the same home address is allowed under postal regs?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:51 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:
I doubt it would do much, it's kind of a "Boys Club" down at the office and it seems that no one who works there EVER does anything wrong.   :roll:

I got this idea when I complained about my packages being left in the driveway, apparently it is okay for the substitute driver to do this since he has a "weak wrist"

You mean they they actually do something called WORK at that post office :?:  :?:  :lol:  :lol:

Previous