Is your post office ran by incompetant stupid ass baboons ?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:59 am 

Im so angry and frusterated with my post office right now I can't even think straight. I would expect a generous amount of stupidity and careless apathy and mistakes at Mcdonalds, but come on dont those postal employees make at least 15 - 20$ hours? How hard is it to match a set of numbers and last name with the right box? I end up getting some poor families vacation passports while somebody out there is wiping their ass with my missing modules. Sellers please put delivery confirmation on all items and for large dollar items signature confirmation.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:31 am 

Afrika Corps wrote: Sellers please put delivery confirmation on all items and for large dollar items signature confirmation.

You might add 'buyers please pay for delivery conf....' -

Unfortunately mistakes sometimes happen no matter what you do.

That having been said, I've mentioned before that my postman is a legend - perhaps I don't realise just how lucky I am. (Particularly as the office that he works out of is manned by scum/criminals/immigrants (delete as appropriate) :lol: )

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:59 am 

Afrika Corps wrote:Im so angry and frusterated with my post office right now I can't even think straight. I would expect a generous amount of stupidity and careless apathy and mistakes at Mcdonalds, but come on dont those postal employees make at least 15 - 20$ hours? How hard is it to match a set of numbers and last name with the right box? I end up getting some poor families vacation passports while somebody out there is wiping their ass with my missing modules. Sellers please put delivery confirmation on all items and for large dollar items signature confirmation.

Get this;

I get all my mail at my PO box because the local postmen are moronic gorillas in postal outfits.  We get no mail at our house and haven't for years, it's forwarded to the PO Box (where the people there know and take care of me).  Anyway, a new rule was just passed at our local PO that affects our neighborhood: If the driver cannot manuever right up next to your box so that he/she doesn't have to get out of the car, you won't get any mail.  Instead, the worker will leave you a note in your box telling you why you got no mail, because something was blocking their way.
  So, to recap, if a car/bike/flowerpot is in front of your box, the local delivery person will not put mail inside.  However, they will get out of their car to leave a NOTE inside the box telling you why they didn't put any mail in your box...even though at that point they are already out of their car so as to put the note in your box (but not the mail).  Unfricking believeable.  I swear it's like something out of a Monty Python skit.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:16 am 

i pulled up my postman on monday, funnily enough, just as i was about to go out training.

i told him that the next time he folds up an item he is about to mail through my door that says "DO NOT BEND" on it, i am going to ram it down his throat AFTER i have have removed his teeth with my fist.

he just looked at me and said nothing and walked off.....AFTER fecking bending something to put through the mailbox!!!!

un-f-in believeable.

i mean it, the feckin next time....

Al  :roll:

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:44 am 

I love our post office and think they do a great job!  I have an incredibly friendly, helpful and thoughtful guy who delivers to my house. Figure I leave packages for him to come pick up at my door 3-6 days a week - sometimes a dozen or more.  He also has to deliver many large and heavy packages of RPG items (I've purchased over 550 separate "lots" on ebay thus far for a rough idea).  All for some polite conversation and my measly $40 Christmas tip . . .

When he goes on vacation, he even leaves special instructions for substitute drivers on how to pick up packages at my door!

The gals at my local station are also great!  

As for the whole system (both US and international)  I have not had one package lost (either sending or receiving) in over 4 years!

I really can't say enough good things about the post office!   :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:05 am 

Afrika Corps wrote:Is your post office ran by incompetant stupid ass baboons ?

Yes.

Just yesterday I was called a liar twice by the "phone answer lady" at the local post office.  

For a recap, I get maybe 10-15 packages of RPG stuff and other stuff every week.  Mostly it's fine, the either leave my packages on the porch or (when we have this one substitute driver) in the driveway (which in another story I DON'T like because they once got rained on)  But anyhow, the one flaw in this plan is when I recieve insured or signature confirmation packages.  They require a signature, and I'm not generally home during the delivery timeframe.  I get the signature card in the mail, , call for redelivery, sign the card, place it in the mailbox and BAM! I have my package the next day, with no problems.  Well, I've had quite a few of these lately, and everytime I call for redelivery this absolute PMS nightmare lady answers the phone.  Yesterday I do this for maybe the 3rd time in a week and a half and she just SNAPS!  She claims that this is the 4th time I've made them redeliver one package, (Which is NOT true, it has been a different package each time, I still have the packaging for the others)  When I try explaining that (which she continues to say is untrue) she says that the postlady has complained that there is someone in the house but they refuse to answer the door when they ring it!  I'm just baffled at this, I suppose it may be that we have a car in the driveway most of the day since I'm usually out riding around with my Mother or on his off days my Husband since I don't really enjoy driving.  Anyhow, I wind up talking to the postmaster who was at least Chimpanzee level intelligence, but he now says that they will no longer redeliver my packages if I miss the first delivery, and I can either pick them up at the post office (something I avoid as it's a 1 window establishment in a community that has had HUGE growth so there's always a 30 minute wait) or I can file a waiver of signature and they'll just leave all my stuff on the porch.  I suppose I'm going the waiver way, but it still completely astonishes me how they treat me, after I have gone out of my way to help them out.  (I no longer have my outgoing packages picked up by them as it was "too much trouble" for the carrier, and in fact drive them to a bigger local post office that can "handle my volume")

Sigh.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:45 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:
Yes.

Just yesterday I was called a liar twice by the "phone answer lady" at the local post office.  

For a recap, I get maybe 10-15 packages of RPG stuff and other stuff every week.  Mostly it's fine, the either leave my packages on the porch or (when we have this one substitute driver) in the driveway (which in another story I DON'T like because they once got rained on)  But anyhow, the one flaw in this plan is when I recieve insured or signature confirmation packages.  They require a signature, and I'm not generally home during the delivery timeframe.  I get the signature card in the mail, , call for redelivery, sign the card, place it in the mailbox and BAM! I have my package the next day, with no problems.  Well, I've had quite a few of these lately, and everytime I call for redelivery this absolute PMS nightmare lady answers the phone.  Yesterday I do this for maybe the 3rd time in a week and a half and she just SNAPS!  She claims that this is the 4th time I've made them redeliver one package, (Which is NOT true, it has been a different package each time, I still have the packaging for the others)  When I try explaining that (which she continues to say is untrue) she says that the postlady has complained that there is someone in the house but they refuse to answer the door when they ring it!  I'm just baffled at this, I suppose it may be that we have a car in the driveway most of the day since I'm usually out riding around with my Mother or on his off days my Husband since I don't really enjoy driving.  Anyhow, I wind up talking to the postmaster who was at least Chimpanzee level intelligence, but he now says that they will no longer redeliver my packages if I miss the first delivery, and I can either pick them up at the post office (something I avoid as it's a 1 window establishment in a community that has had HUGE growth so there's always a 30 minute wait) or I can file a waiver of signature and they'll just leave all my stuff on the porch.  I suppose I'm going the waiver way, but it still completely astonishes me how they treat me, after I have gone out of my way to help them out.  (I no longer have my outgoing packages picked up by them as it was "too much trouble" for the carrier, and in fact drive them to a bigger local post office that can "handle my volume")

Sigh.

This is one of the reasons I got a PO Box. I would highly recommend it, and you can write off the expense.  If anything goes wrong you can scream at the postal employees in person, much more intimidating than phone chastisement.
 BTW, I used to do (and still sometimes do) a little trick if they keep you waiting in line at the Post office for ungodly amounts of time.  I would bring my newspaper, a book, and my mobile phone with one of those ear thingees.  Basically I would get all my phone calls done while in line, and get the morning paper read, plus you have a backup book in case you for some reason finish the paper.  I think part of the annoyance of the lines in the PO is that it's such a sterile, boring enviorment five minutes can seem like an hour. Don't let them hold you hostage and waste your time, which is what typically happens.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:09 am 

I am with BTB(although I shouldn't say this because I know that I am going to curse myself).  My PO and postal carrier has always been very good to me.  Funny thing is that in the the last 13 years, I have moved 3 times and yet I still have the same postal carrier.  My Postal carrier never bends anything that is in an envelope that is stiff or is marked "Do Not Bend".  Also,  he now also now leaves any Signature Confirmation packages inside my building(without even discussing it with me) by my mail box and he also leaves the card for me to sign so that he doesn't have to redeliver and I do not have to wait for redelivery.  I just sign the card when I get home tape it to the mail box where he picks it up the next  and everyone is happy. :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:22 am 

Reindeergamez wrote:
Yes.

Can you file a complaint with the postmaster general or someone like that?  Would they actually give a damn if you do?  I would have been so pissed off about that I would have driven my ass down there and yelled at someone.  Probably wouldnt do any good but it would at least make me feel better.  :D

The only issues I have ever had with my postal carrier is 1) cramming a large priority mail envelope into my tiny mailbox and bending it almost in half.  And 2) putting a large box underneath my doormat.  Seriously...do they really think that it won't be seen by someone because it is under the doormat that is now two feet off the ground?  Apparently common sense is no longer a pre-requisite for a postal job.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:16 pm 

I have a PO box. The people at my post office are pretty good. The post office closes at 4:30, and I work until five so I am always coming in at ~5:30. Some one is always staying later to tidy up I guess and they see me come in. If I have a package, they will come out and give it to me. The first time it happened, I was pretty suprised that they knew who I was.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:55 pm 

[quote="gyg"]

You might add 'buyers please pay for delivery conf....' -

Unfortunately mistakes sometimes happen no matter what you do.

No I ask for sellers to provide delivery confirmation, because if I dont get my package and  i can see online throuigh tracking thatt it was sent, then the seller did no wrong and I know its the post office fault and I got no issue with the seller BUT if my package does not show up and seller does not have any proof that they shipped it, then its the seller im going gunning after. You got it wrong Gyg, Delivery Confirmation protects the Seller not the Buyer.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:02 pm 

Had no problems with my post office for 3 years, then out of nowhere BAM they hire a bunch of temporary workers and everything starts getting jacked up. If you start seeing new faces in postal uniforms working at your po office, better start watching your mail very carefully.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:43 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:You got it wrong Gyg, Delivery Confirmation protects the Seller not the Buyer.

I'm pretty sure he was pointing out that it's not a free service.* Or, put another way, since you seem so concerned about it, then it's you — the buyer — who needs to be paying for it. You're not going to find a lot of eBay sellers who will add extra shipping features out of the goodness of their hearts.

USPS rates and fees

*Yes, I know, it is free for labels printed online, though.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:15 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I love our post office and think they do a great job!

Amen.

For eBay mail, I've had many hundreds (thousands? maybe thousands) of packages both shipped and delivered, with exactly one that has been reported as missing. And, frankly, I still think the buyer was lying about that particular situation ...

For regular mail, I've enjoyed years of friendly and competent service from men and women who are often out working in conditions that are deplorable. Perhaps not every USPS employee I've dealt with has been a genius, I'll grant you that, but I'm not expecting a deep discussion of U.S. foreign policy when I speak with them.

Of course, maybe it helps that I never, ever, ever, ever (add 100 more evers) actually go inside a post office. All of my postal needs are taken care of online, including shipping with Click-N-Ship. So I don't deal with any lines, which probably improves my outlook toward the USPS.

And I'll close with a question for those who are always bitching about the post office (or the police, or doctors, or the phone company, or whomever): what exactly do you do for a living? You know, glass houses and all that ...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:52 pm 

I just wanted to post on this thread because its title includes the words, "ass baboon."   8O

I can see how high volume post office business might produce a number of mixed results.  I have been lucky so far.

I wonder if there is a company that sells larger mailboxes?   :?

Reindeergamez:  

Pretty funny for the post office to complain about providing a service for which they have been paid, and which they themselves offer.

Did they have any reason to think you might be motivated to hide in your house every day rather than just open the door and get your mail?  That does not make sense.

When I lived in a nearby city, the post office offered a "free" postal box out by the sidewalk to replace the one beside my front door.  I didn't accept.  It costs the postman a few extra steps, but it also makes mail theft much less likely.

My only beefs with the postal service have been one or two bent packages and a substitute mail carrier who could not deliver a package to my house because of "Dogs."  (We have a dog...in a pen...away from the front door. Yeah, right.)

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:43 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Get this;

I get all my mail at my PO box because the local postmen are moronic gorillas in postal outfits.  We get no mail at our house and haven't for years, it's forwarded to the PO Box (where the people there know and take care of me).  Anyway, a new rule was just passed at our local PO that affects our neighborhood: If the driver cannot manuever right up next to your box so that he/she doesn't have to get out of the car, you won't get any mail.  Instead, the worker will leave you a note in your box telling you why you got no mail, because something was blocking their way.
  So, to recap, if a car/bike/flowerpot is in front of your box, the local delivery person will not put mail inside.  However, they will get out of their car to leave a NOTE inside the box telling you why they didn't put any mail in your box...even though at that point they are already out of their car so as to put the note in your box (but not the mail).  Unfricking believeable.  I swear it's like something out of a Monty Python skit.

Mike B.

The rule about not delivering mail if the mailbox is impeeded is not new, but maybe newly adopted now for your PO. I've had it happen only once, and the Postal Carrier only wrote on that specific mail 'Mailbox blocked'. Those items were delivered the next day. (no note or anything was put in my mailbox).

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:22 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I'm pretty sure he was pointing out that it's not a free service.* Or, put another way, since you seem so concerned about it, then it's you — the buyer — who needs to be paying for it. You're not going to find a lot of eBay sellers who will add extra shipping features out of the goodness of their hearts.

USPS rates and fees

*Yes, I know, it is free for labels printed online, though.
Exactly - posting stuff from the UK you have to pay extra for any kind of signed for/delivery confirmation - Without such a thing ebay/paypal offers the seller no protection at all. The 'proof of postage' form is a joke not worthy of the small effort involved.

(Oh and BTW I will generally cut Acaeum members a break on postage if I can! :D )

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:59 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Can you file a complaint with the postmaster general or someone like that?  Would they actually give a damn if you do?  I would have been so pissed off about that I would have driven my ass down there and yelled at someone.  Probably wouldnt do any good but it would at least make me feel better.  :D

I doubt it would do much, it's kind of a "Boys Club" down at the office and it seems that no one who works there EVER does anything wrong.   :roll:

I got this idea when I complained about my packages being left in the driveway, apparently it is okay for the substitute driver to do this since he has a "weak wrist"

Next