eBay sucks ays yet again
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:29 am 

Tharizdun wrote:If I have a tendency to have problems with buyers from a certain country, is it ok(allowed) for me to state in my auction that I will not accept bids from there?

I have seen several sellers state they won't sell to Brazil.  I've never had a problem . . . I'm curious what the difficulty is?  For instance, did you ship the package Global Priority?  If so, where did it go?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:35 am 

I've read on some online shops that they will no longer ship to Brazil.  It seems many packages just don't find the addressee there.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:23 am 

I think bidpays back I just signed up

fucked up thing so far is I try and put the banner in and it comes out fed up

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0087720895

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:37 am 

That banner is in html - try choosing the "list in html" format when making your auctions.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:06 pm 

1st problem I had was when I shipped a package. The guy claimed he never got anything but the package was tracked, fortunately. Of course he's threatening me all along...

2nd problem was an idiot let me know he'd pay me as soon as the package arrived :wink:

3rd problem (just this week) an idiot bought an MTG "Online" account with "digital" product and asked, "all cards in shipping or air ship arrives in Brazil(São Paulo) with no problem??? 100% garranted??". I told him all cards would arrive within 2 seconds of receiving payment...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:15 pm 

I don't know if it's a matter of "lost packages" being the trouble. I think it's more of "what if the Nigerian scam artists started using Ebay".
Anyways, I put no Brazil Bidders in my auction up now and just hope it's not against the rules or something stupid. Time to lay low again...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:37 pm 

draco76 wrote:I think bidpays back I just signed up

fucked up thing so far is I try and put the banner in and it comes out fed up

** expired/removed eBay auction **

i like your quality descriptive style Cory :)

reminds me of other popular listings round these here parts :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:57 pm 

<--- lazy

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:19 pm 

draco76 wrote:<--- lazy

yes well we all know this :D

but we dont mind cos youre ok

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:22 pm 

Hope this is the right place for this whinge...

Right, I'm using Opera on ebay (uk) with no problems, until about mid December 2006, when suddenly the postage options no longer work. I contact their helpdesk (who are very quick to answer), and they say Opera is not supported.

No problem, I have access to Safari as well. That works fine, until last Thursday (1st March 2007), when the "List Your Item" button stops working. I press it, it greys out - and stays that way.

Maybe its some other network problem. So I'm trying again this evening (Sunday, 4th March), and the same thing's just happened. I've also missed the Sunday-closing sweet spot.

Next stop is to try I.E. or Mozilla. I don't particularly like either. But has anyone else had problems with those other two browsers? Is it case of eBay getting overloaded on Thursdays, Sundays and Tuesdays?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:53 pm 

huw wrote:No problem, I have access to Safari as well. That works fine, until last Thursday (1st March 2007), when the "List Your Item" button stops working.

I use Safari almost exclusively and have had no eBay-related problems to speak of ... well, the site seems a little slow sometimes, but I don't know for sure if that is browser-related.

I just checked the "sell your item" page and typed up a quick fake listing for "Cougar Treats," and it seemed to work okay. I don't think the issue you're describing is browser-related (impossible to know for sure, of course).

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:20 pm 

Tharizdun wrote:The only option I can find is for Europe, UK, N America, S America...

The trouble is with Brazil. I've only sold about 100 items with no problems except from there :?

Two separate auctions about a year apart got "lost" in Brazil. Got negged both times.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:27 pm 

huw wrote:Hope this is the right place for this whinge...

Right, I'm using Opera on ebay (uk) with no problems, until about mid December 2006, when suddenly the postage options no longer work. I contact their helpdesk (who are very quick to answer), and they say Opera is not supported.

No problem, I have access to Safari as well. That works fine, until last Thursday (1st March 2007), when the "List Your Item" button stops working. I press it, it greys out - and stays that way.

Maybe its some other network problem. So I'm trying again this evening (Sunday, 4th March), and the same thing's just happened. I've also missed the Sunday-closing sweet spot.

Next stop is to try I.E. or Mozilla. I don't particularly like either. But has anyone else had problems with those other two browsers? Is it case of eBay getting overloaded on Thursdays, Sundays and Tuesdays?

What?  8O  No idea what any of this means.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:24 am 

huw wrote:Right, I'm using Opera on ebay (uk) with no problems, until about mid December 2006, when suddenly the postage options no longer work. I contact their helpdesk (who are very quick to answer), and they say Opera is not supported.

Opera does not work with all of eBay's new fancy-schmancy editing windows.  Hearing that Opera is still not supported does not surprise me.   :cry:

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 am 

bbarsh wrote:
Two separate auctions about a year apart got "lost" in Brazil. Got negged both times.

I shipped an auction to Brazil in August ( a fairly large unit of metal Nurgle Plaguemarines for WH40K) got held up in customs, got negged.

They showed up to the buyer in February.  Sends me an email all happy.  But I still have the Neg.
:evil:

"A war without fire is like sausages without mustard!"  Henry V of England.

Previous