Stores in Southern California selling used RPGs?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:14 am 

Hello all,

I'm heading to California for vacation over the next couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of gaming or book stores there that sell used or collectible RPG items?  I'll specifically be in Anaheim for a few days and then in San Diego for about a week so I'm looking for stores that are in or right around those two cities so I don't have to travel too far out of my way.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated!

Toric

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:35 pm 

When I lived in SoCal, I'd visit the Last Grenadier in Burbank and All-Star Games in Diamond Bar. Both have a mix of new and used items, with the LG having the better overall selection, IMO.

Of course, neither Burbank or Diamond Bar are next-door neighbors to Anaheim, but that's Southern California for you ... nothing is ever next-door to anything else.

Maybe a Google search with "Anaheim" and "games" would yield better results, but I'm not sure. I only ever went to Anaheim for GenCon SoCal.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:20 pm 

Thanks for the reply, Xaxaxe.  I'm currently in SoCal in the Disneyland Hotel but I'm heading down to San Diego tomorrow.  I'm gonna check out Game Empire sometime during the next week which is supposed to have some used stuff.  Wish me luck...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:03 am 

Both those stores are gone... Grenadier moved.

Coolest place to check out is the "Frank and Son" show. It's this big indoors collectables show that happens in Walnut which is kinda between where you are and LA (closer to LA). It's only open Wed and Sat but they have a lot of cool stuff!

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:58 am 

Man, even All-Star Games? They seemed to be doing well.

Then again, my last visit would have been ... thinking ... August of 2004, or somewhere near there.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:52 am 

The wife passed away and her husband decided to follow her soon after...

Then the new owners were doing just ok I think so it just went out a few months ago.

Grenadier moved closer to Hollywood.