Dungeons and Dragons - The Magazines, not the Game...
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:55 am 

McDuff wrote: Professionally produced?  No, judge for yourself:

Error 404 - Not found

It had the same feel and content as all of Bob Liddil's products, in fact some of what was later published in Griswald Grimm's Little Shop of Poisons and Potions was first published in these magazines.

SA still supported the game system it was written for: T&T, but it suffered because they were written, edited, and published by one person.

Yes, it doesn't seem professionally produced but we all know that 'professionally produced' is not always a synonim for 'quality product'. Oh well, considering the fact that these post FBI issues are hard to find, I'll be satisfied with my current collection (and very satisfied as soon as I'll get my hands on issue 1  :D )

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:37 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44112&rd=1

You've GOT to be kidding me.  Of f'ing course, its one of the TWO issues I need to finish up my print run.  I can't even find any resellers w/ issues 70 and 72.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:09 am 

I've just received a few magazines I bought a couple of weeks ago, and there are two that I know nothing about - The Familiar, published in 1988 by Familiar Graphics, edited by Roger Cardon; and Fallout, published in 1994 by Louis Porter.

The Familiar (issue #2) is interesting because it contains an article by Gary Gygax on his troubles at TSR, and his subsequent departure.

Does anyone have any information about either publication?

Thanks very much.

Mike

Previous