Spam on ebay?
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:53 am 

this morning i had a bad news from ebay: when i looked in my ebay mailbox i found a mail of spam coming from china... i thought it was a question on an item i have on sale and instead it was an adv of a website selling pc components...  :?

...this is quite annoying as, any of you would do, i opened the message in order to reply to the potential buyer...   :?

what about you? this is my 1st spam mail on ebay...

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:29 am 

Won't be your last, because you have provided your email on your profile. Some muppets who know this site has buyers and sellers through Ebay, take that and create such spam.
Ebay always has this at the top of the email message:

eBay sent this message to *Your Name* (*Your Ebay Handle*).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.

These F***ing spammers don't have access to that info.
You'll get a constant amount of various Paypal and Ebay spam, not to mention various others.

Easiest way to deal with any email you think is from Ebay is to sign into your account and see what messages you got. If the message doesn't appear there then its spam.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:25 am 

Plaag wrote:Won't be your last, because you have provided your email on your profile. Some muppets who know this site has buyers and sellers through Ebay, take that and create such spam.

That explains the load of spam that I, too, got yesterday.  I had put up something like 17 items for sale a few days ago.  Yesterday I had 17 identically-titled pieces of spam from the same spambot.   8O

Maybe a spambot went wild, but the appearance of the spam was too coincidental for my tastes.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:50 pm 

Kinda off topic from the spam but related to the new ebay/yahoo! crap. Anyone notice that when using a bookmarked search when the search is done the ebay icon on your tab bar refreshes and turns into a yahoo! icon...then disables your back button  :?  ( at least on the latest version of Nutscrape )

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:06 pm 

Just got one for the Bronze PowerSeller/PowerBuyer Program, they are getting better by only having the one link in their email.
Course not showing an email address that the email is sending to, and still saying 'Dear Ebay Customer' is keys to spotting these spams.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:25 am 

Bloody Vikings!!!  :lol: