2nd print Chainmail on ebay
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:19 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
i have given notice in my job cos frankly i am sick of having no time to do sod all. yeah sure i will become poor like red_bus (yeah right :D) but i will have plenty of time to do stuff.

i wanna do some research, write a book, do some of my own biz, go gencon, do my marathon and do more stuff with Rob and plenty more besides.

Al

Go Al Go!!  Resigning is a tremendously empowering thing to do - I love it, and do it whenever possible.  Having said that I am running a wee bit low on savings so will be taking up some part time work (2/3 days a week - any more would be too much, plus term starts again this week) - to keep the wolf from the door.  Organising your own time takes a bit of getting used to - but once you say "No" to a grim 9-5 job (or 9-7 as many do these days) you will be surprised just how many other opportunities present themselves.  And how easy it is to scale back your expenditure.  
Work less, live more!

I would add that I hope that bclarkie - and others here - continue to work together.  With so many eyes on the lookout it does make it a lot easier and a lot more fun to collect this stuff  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:31 pm 

well i have dealt with BC many times and if there was one person i would entrust things with if i wasnt there, it would be him.

cmon guys...i know items like that are really rare, and the competitive edge comes out to get it, but surely there should be limits etc. stephen seemed to be well on the go there...so if someone is gonna nick it from under his nose, thats pretty bad form that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:32 pm 

stephen - sending it out tomorrow chummer

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:55 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I think that's pretty appropriate. I actually alerted Lance about a shilled auction (Kandroc) that he was thinking of bidding on.

Which I did, and still do, appreciate the heads up on. Thanks again. :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:18 pm 

The seller of the Chainmail has responded to criticisms about him over on the shady dealers thread.
I make no comments about the likeleness of a shill or not, but his comments are clearly put. It takes at least some strength of character to put yourself forward like he has so his comments should be at least considered.

(and remember, he can name names, in reference to private offers, and presumably has the emails to prove it!! :twisted: )

Edit - BC responded over on the other thread at exactly the same time as I posted this!

Previous