What to do when someone doesn't respond on Ebay
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:59 am 

Awhile back I bought a Dragon mag from her listed as "Fine"  when it arrived have of the pages fell out it.  It was in terrible shape.  I did not bother to email.  I simply logged my negative feedback.  She retalliated and banned me.

It is my one and only "banning" and I wear it proudly.  You can not deal with her.  She is never wrong and always wrong, if you know what I mean.

martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:58 am 

This seems to be routine with TITAN/Tonya Games. I dont think its a matter of intentional fraud but that they are just sloppy/lazy/careless sellers. They seem to think that offering to refund of a couple of dollars (and i do mean like $2) everytime they make a mistake such as inaccurately describing auctions or missing items in shipment is some how the best appropriate answer for incompetance. And goodluck recieving a reply back from them if you have a problem. Usually requires several emails and week waiting.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:01 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:This seems to be routine with TITAN/Tonya Games. I dont think its a matter of intentional fraud but that they are just sloppy/lazy/careless sellers. They seem to think that offering to refund of a couple of dollars (and i do mean like $2) everytime they make a mistake such as inaccurately describing auctions or missing items in shipment is some how the best appropriate answer for incompetance. And goodluck recieving a reply back from them if you have a problem. Usually requires several emails and week waiting.

That was what happened - offered $3 bucks after  2 emails. Though I have yet to get the cash.  I would never have bid on it had I known it didn't have a map.  Now I'm going to have to buy it again and spend more money on shipping it to me.  I'm done buying from Titan - there are way to many good people out there that have the same stuff and are much nicer, not to mention competent at grading, etc.  

Thanks to everyone that responded - it at least made me feel better that others were outraged about it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:07 pm 

I'll add this too.  I bought a Rod of Seven Parts Boxed Set from an ebay seller and it had a misprinted booklet.  I emailed them and got a super fast reply that was so nice and professional that I couldn't believe it was from ebay :D   The seller offered to give the cash for it on the spot, I told them I liked the set and would try to pick up  another booklet since the set was in mint shape otherwise and I got it cheap.  She then emailed me and offered to pay for me to buy the PDF so I could print the booklet to use in the game.  All of this was AFTER I had already left positive feedback.  I wish all Ebay sellers were that good.  For myself - when I sell I just refund and take things back if someone gets something they don't want.  It isn't worth the stress worrying over a few dollars in most cases.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:04 pm 

TheElderEye wrote:
That was what happened - offered $3 bucks after  2 emails. Though I have yet to get the cash.  I would never have bid on it had I known it didn't have a map.  Now I'm going to have to buy it again and spend more money on shipping it to me.  I'm done buying from Titan - there are way to many good people out there that have the same stuff and are much nicer, not to mention competent at grading, etc.  

Thanks to everyone that responded - it at least made me feel better that others were outraged about it.

Oh!  Make no mistake...I AM outraged about it.  Selling a fantasy RPG product without the map is a severe sin!   :evil:

The single most irritating line in RPG sales  is a coy reply of:

"Oh, was there supposed to be a map with that?"

A module with no map is not a module at all.  Curses on those who do such things, and curses on those who pretend not to know when a map is missing!

A seller who sends a product without its map owes full resitution for outright fraud...including shipping costs.

Mark   8)

I was just

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:06 pm 

TheElderEye wrote:I'll add this too.  I bought a Rod of Seven Parts Boxed Set from an ebay seller and it had a misprinted booklet.  I emailed them and got a super fast reply that was so nice and professional that I couldn't believe it was from ebay :D   The seller offered to give the cash for it on the spot, I told them I liked the set and would try to pick up  another booklet since the set was in mint shape otherwise and I got it cheap.  She then emailed me and offered to pay for me to buy the PDF so I could print the booklet to use in the game.  All of this was AFTER I had already left positive feedback.  I wish all Ebay sellers were that good.  For myself - when I sell I just refund and take things back if someone gets something they don't want.  It isn't worth the stress worrying over a few dollars in most cases.

Was that seller named Reindeergamez, by any chance?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous