What to do when someone doesn't respond on Ebay
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:15 am 

MShipley88 wrote:She does not like being wrong and does not always take the time to double-check before she assumes she is being unfairly abused by a buyer.  If you are polite to her, she will probably end up fixing the problem...she is just confused at the moment and thinks she's in the right.

killjoy32 wrote:if you make a mass of listings, well sorry, but you better make sure you list them right. if you do one wrong, own up. i do and i am sure many others do as well.

Both of your statements can co-exist; they are not mutually exclusive.

Has anybody had a successful negotiation with Tonya?  I've never had a problem with Titan/Tonya/Marcus, so I haven't had to work something out with them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:23 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:Both of your statements can co-exist; they are not mutually exclusive.

Has anybody had a successful negotiation with Tonya?  I've never had a problem with Titan/Tonya/Marcus, so I haven't had to work something out with them.

i dealt with tonya a very long time ago, a few times, and they went reasonably well. but then a good friend of mine worked out a deal with her - all was agreed and then she decided to stiff him big stylee once he purchased all the items and he ended up paying an extortionate amount of shipping, which made the whole process an absolute waste of time and then swore blind that she didnt even agree to anything in the first place, despite the fact that we had e-mails to confirm what was said and not even a kinda "oh i might have said that", it was a "yes you can" so there was no way out of it. i just hate liars like that and ppl who go back on their word and so we both swore blind that i would never deal with them again.

there have been many occasions where they have been selling stuff and i really wanted it, but then i remember how we got stiffed and other things that has been said since and i steer well clear.

if ppl like dealing with them, cool. i dont have a problem with that whatsoever.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:59 am 

Awhile back I bought a Dragon mag from her listed as "Fine"  when it arrived have of the pages fell out it.  It was in terrible shape.  I did not bother to email.  I simply logged my negative feedback.  She retalliated and banned me.

It is my one and only "banning" and I wear it proudly.  You can not deal with her.  She is never wrong and always wrong, if you know what I mean.

martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:58 am 

This seems to be routine with TITAN/Tonya Games. I dont think its a matter of intentional fraud but that they are just sloppy/lazy/careless sellers. They seem to think that offering to refund of a couple of dollars (and i do mean like $2) everytime they make a mistake such as inaccurately describing auctions or missing items in shipment is some how the best appropriate answer for incompetance. And goodluck recieving a reply back from them if you have a problem. Usually requires several emails and week waiting.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:01 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:This seems to be routine with TITAN/Tonya Games. I dont think its a matter of intentional fraud but that they are just sloppy/lazy/careless sellers. They seem to think that offering to refund of a couple of dollars (and i do mean like $2) everytime they make a mistake such as inaccurately describing auctions or missing items in shipment is some how the best appropriate answer for incompetance. And goodluck recieving a reply back from them if you have a problem. Usually requires several emails and week waiting.

That was what happened - offered $3 bucks after  2 emails. Though I have yet to get the cash.  I would never have bid on it had I known it didn't have a map.  Now I'm going to have to buy it again and spend more money on shipping it to me.  I'm done buying from Titan - there are way to many good people out there that have the same stuff and are much nicer, not to mention competent at grading, etc.  

Thanks to everyone that responded - it at least made me feel better that others were outraged about it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:07 pm 

I'll add this too.  I bought a Rod of Seven Parts Boxed Set from an ebay seller and it had a misprinted booklet.  I emailed them and got a super fast reply that was so nice and professional that I couldn't believe it was from ebay :D   The seller offered to give the cash for it on the spot, I told them I liked the set and would try to pick up  another booklet since the set was in mint shape otherwise and I got it cheap.  She then emailed me and offered to pay for me to buy the PDF so I could print the booklet to use in the game.  All of this was AFTER I had already left positive feedback.  I wish all Ebay sellers were that good.  For myself - when I sell I just refund and take things back if someone gets something they don't want.  It isn't worth the stress worrying over a few dollars in most cases.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:04 pm 

TheElderEye wrote:
That was what happened - offered $3 bucks after  2 emails. Though I have yet to get the cash.  I would never have bid on it had I known it didn't have a map.  Now I'm going to have to buy it again and spend more money on shipping it to me.  I'm done buying from Titan - there are way to many good people out there that have the same stuff and are much nicer, not to mention competent at grading, etc.  

Thanks to everyone that responded - it at least made me feel better that others were outraged about it.

Oh!  Make no mistake...I AM outraged about it.  Selling a fantasy RPG product without the map is a severe sin!   :evil:

The single most irritating line in RPG sales  is a coy reply of:

"Oh, was there supposed to be a map with that?"

A module with no map is not a module at all.  Curses on those who do such things, and curses on those who pretend not to know when a map is missing!

A seller who sends a product without its map owes full resitution for outright fraud...including shipping costs.

Mark   8)

I was just

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:06 pm 

TheElderEye wrote:I'll add this too.  I bought a Rod of Seven Parts Boxed Set from an ebay seller and it had a misprinted booklet.  I emailed them and got a super fast reply that was so nice and professional that I couldn't believe it was from ebay :D   The seller offered to give the cash for it on the spot, I told them I liked the set and would try to pick up  another booklet since the set was in mint shape otherwise and I got it cheap.  She then emailed me and offered to pay for me to buy the PDF so I could print the booklet to use in the game.  All of this was AFTER I had already left positive feedback.  I wish all Ebay sellers were that good.  For myself - when I sell I just refund and take things back if someone gets something they don't want.  It isn't worth the stress worrying over a few dollars in most cases.

Was that seller named Reindeergamez, by any chance?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous