What to do when someone doesn't respond on Ebay
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:35 am 

Guys -

Its been a while since I've posted here but I've been around lurking and I remember a whole thing dealing with a person named Tonya that was related to Titan Games folks.  Well about 2 or 3 weeks ago I won an auction - $6.75 for The Scarlet Brotherhood 2e Supplement.  Which from looking around was a steal because it was listed as having the map still attached and in good shape.  I didn't realize until after the auction that Titan Games on ebay isn 't really run by Titan at all but Tonya.  In an email to me she explained she was slow on shipping because she was full time student.  I have been dealing with Titan since it was owned by Quincy in the 90s.  I don't buy much from them anymore as I prefer to get my stuff from Mike B, NobleKnight or Dragonstrove now, but when I bid I didn't worry about the product arriving.

Anyway when it arrived the map was missing, not just loose but missing completely.  I emailed them and told them and asked them what to do.  After 3 or 4 days with no response I emailed them again (yesterday, actually) - and still no response.  The book itself was in great shape - here is the item number if you want to check it out -- [url]

** expired/removed eBay auction **
[/url]

I wanted to actually use the item in my AD&D campaign, so with no map it looses some of its usefulness.  What should I do? How long should I give them to respond?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:58 am 

i would open up a dispute with ebay as the item you got is different from that which is being sold. the auction quite clearly states that the map is there and still bound in the book.

then put the ball back in their court and allow ebay to oversee it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:58 am 

I'd try giving them a call.  If that doesn't work, and if you paid with PayPal, file a dispute through them.

Good luck!

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:02 am 

It is possible (but unlikely) that she sent you the wrong item.  She may have more than one copy of The Scarlet Brotherhood and just goofed and sent the one without the map.

Consider that she may be busy.  Full-time student, full-time job.  She has to eat and get her beauty sleep.  :roll:   If you have emailed her the one time, I would wait one week.  If she still hasnt replied, send another one with a refund request.  Wait one more week.  By then if she doesnt reply, nail her with an "item not received" complaint.  If she is willing to work it out and send the map (at no extra charge to you) then great.  If she doesnt have the map I guess it is your decision to return the item and get your money back or accept the item without the map and neg her ass.

I am a pretty patient guy so this is just my 2 cents.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:11 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:It is possible (but unlikely) that she sent you the wrong item.  She may have more than one copy of The Scarlet Brotherhood and just goofed and sent the one without the map.

Consider that she may be busy.  Full-time student, full-time job.  She has to eat and get her beauty sleep.  :roll:   If you have emailed her the one time, I would wait one week.  If she still hasnt replied, send another one with a refund request.  Wait one more week.  By then if she doesnt reply, nail her with an "item not received" complaint.  If she is willing to work it out and send the map (at no extra charge to you) then great.  If she doesnt have the map I guess it is your decision to return the item and get your money back or accept the item without the map and neg her ass.

I am a pretty patient guy so this is just my 2 cents.

My first email actually asked if perhaps I was sent the wrong item.  Your response is sort of what I was thinking.  Give her a while and see what happens.  How this is handled will also determine how if ever I deal with Titan in the future.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:37 am 

I think (in the past) her father (Marcus) posted on the acaeum that if there were any issues that you couldn't get resolved with Tonya, to contact him . . . just in case she never does contact you back or correct the situation.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:34 am 

Hey here is the response I got from Tonya.  To me it comes off as rude.

Matt, reviewing the auction description, there is no mention OF a map. there was no map with this item, there was none included in the photo, and there was not one promissed in the text. So, we don't HAVE a Map, and you did get the item you bid on. Now, all that said:
I will agree to refund you $3 and you keep the item, or if you return it I will refund your winning bid. Please advise

I replied that the listing did have a map mentioned - pointed out where and pasted the text to the reply.  I said that 6.75 wasn't worth arguing about or returning and that I'd take the $3 refund and make this my last deal with Titan Games.  

Feedback?  I should have just bought a copy from one of the reputable folks out there - live and learn.  Titan Games has really gone down hill.  I plan on emailing all of this to Marcus and letting him know how I feel.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:53 pm 

Not only does the email come off as rude, but confirms that she doesnt know what she is doing and doesnt give a crap.  You are just a little fish in a really big pond to her.  Instead of basically telling you that you dont know how to read, I dont understand why she just cant bite the bullet and say "Matt, I am really sorry but there was no map with that item and I made a mistake on the listing.  I will be more than happy to either refund you a partial amount for the map or you can send the item back for a full refund.  Again I apologize for the error."

How hard is that?  :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:08 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Not only does the email come off as rude, but confirms that she doesnt know what she is doing and doesnt give a crap.  You are just a little fish in a really big pond to her.  Instead of basically telling you that you dont know how to read, I dont understand why she just cant bite the bullet and say "Matt, I am really sorry but there was no map with that item and I made a mistake on the listing.  I will be more than happy to either refund you a partial amount for the map or you can send the item back for a full refund.  Again I apologize for the error."

How hard is that?  :?

That was my feeling.  The other thing that blows my mind is that her dad is letting her use the Titan Games name on ebay.  Before I believe she used her own.  Those little fish have a way of piling up and eventually hurting business.  I thought it was strange that she said she wasn't wrong - but was willing to give a refund.  It seems to me she has a tough time admitting when she has made a mistake.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:18 pm 

TheElderEye wrote:

That was my feeling.  The other thing that blows my mind is that her dad is letting her use the Titan Games name on ebay.  Before I believe she used her own.  Those little fish have a way of piling up and eventually hurting business.  I thought it was strange that she said she wasn't wrong - but was willing to give a refund.  It seems to me she has a tough time admitting when she has made a mistake.

She seems to have a very difficult time saying she's sorry when she makes a mistake, and that's just a deadly error for a business to make, and downright annoying from a customer POV.  Though I never had a problem with Titan Games under Marcus I will not deal with them after reading all this bad press.  Word of mouth is important and there are other very reputable dealers I feel happy to give my money to.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:35 pm 

TheElderEye wrote:Hey here is the response I got from Tonya.  To me it comes off as rude.

Matt, reviewing the auction description, there is no mention OF a map. there was no map with this item, there was none included in the photo, and there was not one promissed in the text. So, we don't HAVE a Map, and you did get the item you bid on. Now, all that said:
I will agree to refund you $3 and you keep the item, or if you return it I will refund your winning bid. Please advise

I replied that the listing did have a map mentioned - pointed out where and pasted the text to the reply.  I said that 6.75 wasn't worth arguing about or returning and that I'd take the $3 refund and make this my last deal with Titan Games.  

Feedback?  I should have just bought a copy from one of the reputable folks out there - live and learn.  Titan Games has really gone down hill.  I plan on emailing all of this to Marcus and letting him know how I feel.

yeah the listing DID have a map mentioned - it was clear as day and i spotted that the first time i looked and i AM feckin busy so she can go shovel shite if she makes that excuse grrrr

well matt, its a lesson learned chummer. i would personally just chalk up the 90th day and just neg her ass and preach around how shite they are to deal with.

i would rather roast my balls than deal with tonya/titan again.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:01 pm 

Your alternative could be to ask her if she really has a nice set of fun bags for a Bupu, because Frank at the Acaeum told you she did. She will immediately log in here and see the thread.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:09 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Your alternative could be to ask her if she really has a nice set of fun bags for a Bupu, because Frank at the Acaeum told you she did. She will immediately log in here and see the thread.

Bupu lol - very funny :D

i remember that all over again now - lol  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:22 pm 

I don't remember who originally made the connection between Tonya and Bupu, but I was paralyzed with laughter for a half hour after seeing the pics together.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:14 pm 

Hello all,

I guess I'll chime in as well regarding the complete lack of any kind of customer service on the part of Tonya/Titan.  Their lack of any willingness to accomodate customers, combined with their draconian shipping and handling policies, are the primary reason I don't deal with them unless they happen to be the last resort when I'm looking for something.  I say the best way to deal with the problem is to take your future business elsewhere.

The Egg

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:43 pm 

I have never purchased a thing from them. There was some sort of problem with them a couple years ago with a member here. Right then and there I observed a total lack of professionalism.

Crappy thing is that occassionally have something I want or need. Still, I ain't buying...

This auction clearly is fraudulent. That map wasn't just mentioned...She made a point of stating it was still stapled in place...No...she did not make a mistake...I am thinking flat out fraud.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:33 am 

It sounds to me like Tonya is just confused about which item is listed under which number...since she commonly lists many of the same item at different prices for different levels of quality.

Very likely, Tonya used duplicate copy for multiple listings and did not catch the line about the map when she posted this particular item...and is now convinced that she never mentioned it.

She does not like being wrong and does not always take the time to double-check before she assumes she is being unfairly abused by a buyer.  If you are polite to her, she will probably end up fixing the problem...she is just confused at the moment and thinks she's in the right.

Let's not start the personal crap about Tonya again, please.

When I buy from Tonya or Titan, I do so knowing that I am paying slightly high for shipping in return for slightly lower price....and I only buy one item at a time, since there is no real shipping break.

Both Tonya and Titan are slightly slow shippers...but they always deliver, and the wait is half the fun for me.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:34 am 

whilst i dont really want to see someone being dragged over the hot coals yet again, i think you are wrong there Mark.

you cant keep making excuses for someone. if you make a mass of listings, well sorry, but you better make sure you list them right. if you do one wrong, own up. i do and i am sure many others do as well. after all, youre only human.

in this instance, and many others besides, Tanya is in the wrong and she does herself no favours in how she replies to ppl. if she LOOKED at the listing that was mentioned to her, its as clear as day.

ah well whatever.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Next