Grandmasters of (A)D&D Collecting II: Final Results
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:16 am 

The final results on the "Grand Masters of Collecting" poll are available. :-)

Here is how I compiled the list of Grand Masters:

RULES
=====

1. Only the votes of nominees were counted. (A nominee is a person, who received at least one vote from another collector).

2. Votes for oneself were not counted.

3. To become a Grand Master one needed at least three different votes.

That way, only the votes from people with some knowledge were counted. Rookies like myself were not able to cast their votes.

STATISTICS
==========

In total we have 39 nominees (not counting the retired). Of these I was able to locate 28 persons. Out of these 28 people 16 casted their votes, 8 people did not respond, 1 person wanted to remain private, 2 people answered friendly but did not provide a list and 1 person answered friendly but did not want to provide a list of names (for privacy reasons).

ANNOTATIONS
===========

This is not a popularity contest. Please don't take this little poll too serious. It's just a funny little poll. Please no hard feelings from those who haven't been mentioned. Congratulations to the nominees and Grand Masters. Many thanks to all who took the time and participated.

PRIVACY STATEMENT
================

I have tried and asked most of the nominees if they wanted to be included on the list. In case you want to be removed, please send me a private message and I'll delete your name. If I'm unable to respond within two days please ask the webmaster to edit the message and have your name deleted.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:22 am 

CATEGORY: GRANDMASTERS OF (A)D&D COLLECTING
===========================================

Name  (Votes) Forum/Ebay IDs
====================

Aaron Leeder   (10 votes)   http://www.nobleknight.com

Rhea Shelley   (8 votes)   Rshelley

Paul Stormberg   (6 votes)   Stormber

Quincey Koziol   (5 votes)               

Scott Riddick   (5 votes)   FoulFoot (The Acaeum)                               

Adrian Newman   (4 votes)   blackdougal

Brett Easterbrook   (4 votes)   Beasterbrook

Ed Courtrol   (4 votes)   Edmud

William McCarthy   (4 votes)   Dathon / Visionsasia

Michael Deaton   (3 votes)   chromaticknight

Adam Shultz   (3 votes)   gygax / gygaxxx

Michael Cox   (3 votes)   Welcome to The Dragon's Trove | The Dragon's Trove

Mike Baldolato   (3 votes)   bad mike

Tim McDuffie   (3 votes)   McDuff

FURTHER NOMINEES: Shaun/Devon ??? / Burntwire (3 votes BUT with the addition "Soon-To-Be Grand Masters"), Frank Mentzer (2 votes for "Special contributions"), David Papay (2 votes for "Orginal Price List"), Malcolm Lawrenson / lawrenson / House Atreides CCG singles for sale (2 votes), Jason Zavoda (2 votes), James Sinks (2 votes), Allan Grohe (2 votes), Joe Scoleri / The Maverick (2 votes), Frank Farris / Eyeamgaws/DeadLord35 and many other Ebay names (2 votes), Lawrence Schick (1 vote for "Heroic Worlds"), Len Riotto / Sir Kill Alot (1 vote), Doug Bartholemew / dbartman (1 vote), Doug Behringer (1 vote), Guido-the-gypsy (1 vote), Tom Rainey (1 vote), Scott Maechtle (1 vote), Jim Vasella (1 vote), Francois W. Gromer (1 vote), [PRIVATE COLLECTOR] (1 vote), Trevor Stamper (1 vote), Hiroshi Okushima (1 vote)

CATEGORY: GRANDMASTERS OF NON-TSR COLLECTING
============================================

Name  (Votes) Forum/Ebay IDs
====================

Matthias Bock   (8 votes)   hangover

Mike Kuo   (3 votes)   mkman

[MUST BE KEPT PRIVATE]   (3 votes)   TheShield2000

FURTHER NOMINEES: Robert Verdoliva (1 vote)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:23 am 

- Congrats to Aaron Leeder, owner of the Nobleknight Games (Online) Store. You are the World Champion of (A)D&D collectors!

- Rhea Shelley states he is selling his collection but with still owning 6.000+ items I considered him an active collector.

- Quincey Kozial (former proprietor of Titan Games) may have sold his shop but retains his collection - counts as an avtice collector.

- William McCarthy could be also considered a Non-TSR collector. (This might be the case for others as well).

- Chris Roseman (Riftvalleyman) received 6 nominations and should be a Grand Master but he has sold his collection and is thereby a retired collector.

If someone is unsatisfied with my ways of counting and categorizing people, just copy and paste the list into any text editor and create your own :-)

Again, a thousand thanks to all you friendly people out there who helped get this list together. I believe though, we have only revealed the tip of the iceberg ...

Happy collecting!