Storage of the World of Greyhawk Folio
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:27 am 

Anyone have a suggestion on storage methods for the World of Greyhawk portfolio?

It is such an awkward size that I have been unable to find any good bags or boards to store it in so it sits on a bookshelf as is.

Cheers,

Curt

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:00 am 

Look for LP/Album sleeves. I use these on alot of oversize products including boxed sets. They are large and need to be folded and taped to make a secure fit. You can probably find these for sale on Ebay.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:38 pm 

Thanks for the tip  :D

Cheers,

Curt

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:02 pm 

Also check your local comic store for treasury sized bags... they'll fit most all oversized items and hardbacks.  Storage boxes for CGC (graded) comic books also work great for larger/foreign items.  They're almost as wide as magazine boxes and have about an extra inch and a half in height.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:31 pm 

Here's a link to a store that sells them all at a decent price:

Top-Loaders 3x4 Trading Card, Comic Bags Current items in The Comic Zone store on eBay!

I use the SHEET MUSIC SIZE BAGS/COVERS for oversized modules, standard hardbacks etc. and the TREASURY COMIC SIZE BAGS/COVERS for boxed sets and larger hardbacks.  He also sell backing boards for the bigger items!  The THICK MAGAZINE SIZE BAGS are some of the best I've found for standard size modules etc.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:05 am 

Shipping is really high.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:44 am 

Are you sure?  You might be looking at a large quantity.  He sells quantities of up to 10,000.  The cost for the last bags I purchased was $9.50 UPS ground for 100 Treasury, 100 Sheet Music & 200 Thick Mag Bags.  If you only order 100, the shipping is between $4.50-$7.50, depending on the size of the bags.  The bags weigh quite a bit and must be packaged well, which they are, to prevent them from being wrinkled & bent during shipment.

I guess if you have a local source then it could be potentially cheaper, since you would avoid the shipping charge, but, I don't know of any sources local to me that carry this type of selection.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:13 am 

I think I would have to agree with db on that one. The shipping prices really arent that bad. Naturally, a local source would be great but some people just do not have that luxury.

PD

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:08 pm 

I plan on going by some of the local comic shops and asking if they can order some of the larger bags, boards, and boxes. Right now the largest they carry are the magazine size. If they can't get them I will have to resort to the above site.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:36 am 

Here are some sources:

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=3

http://www.collectors-outpost.com/categ ... lock_bags/

Comic Book supplies - comic boards, comic bags & more

404 Not Found

https://www.cpgcomics.com/itemsall.asp?category=1

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cgi-bin/webc ... CODE=PHOLD

A couple of these sites have pretty good prices for small volume orders.  I didn't check the shipping, but they did list the weights, so you could estimate shipping costs.

Hope this helps!

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!