Paypal does not suck ------ Much
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:32 am 

I just got a paypal refund from a seller who took the money and ran

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0003471846

Funny thing is he has 100% feedback and this is the third time I have dealt with him.

He never sent the stuff so I did a paypal dispute in which he never responded.  I got a refund!  Yah yah!

Now the big decision, leave a neg for the idiot or just carry on :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:33 am 

Blackmoor wrote:I just got a paypal refund from a seller who took the money and ran

** expired eBay auction **

Funny thing is he has 100% feedback and this is the third time I have dealt with him.

He never sent the stuff so I did a paypal dispute in which he never responded.  I got a refund!  Yah yah!

Now the big decision, leave a neg for the idiot or just carry on :?

Normally I would say neg the guy...but at least you got your money back.  I would probably just leave a neutral.  If he had disputed your claim with Paypal...then he would deserve the neg.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:41 am 

I'd leave a neg.  Same as if it were a non-paying bidder.  He neglected to honor the transaction.

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:42 am 

That's a baffling situation.  The seller is still selling.  No negs and won't respond?  Did you try calling the seller to see what is up?  It doesn't make any sense.  Maybe the sellers original email account is down?

I'd investigate a little further before giving a neg.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:56 am 

I would check again with the guy... Maybe it is indeed his email that is the problem  ? I had to leave my second ever Neg last night and I hated doing it even though it was well deserved - give them every chance - thats what I say...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:34 am 

bombadil wrote:I'd leave a neg.  Same as if it were a non-paying bidder.  He neglected to honor the transaction.

I, too, would leave a negative.  DBartman and celmive have a point about being patient, but Blackmoor has already been patient.  If the seller is still selling, then he must at least have Internet access.  If his e-mail is down, then he should know it and use a free e-mail service as a stop-gap measure.

If the seller has a legitimate excuse, then the feedback can be mutually withdrawn in the future.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:58 pm 

It is very strange, I even bought a miniature pack or two off this guy outside Ebay and everything went OK :?

I noticed he is now selling the mini's he stiffed me on in another auction (well some of them anyway).  He does do significant volume, I believe this may just be an issolated incident.

I am happy I got the money back but really I would prefer to have the mini packs (especially at that price).  Could be that he stiffed me in order to resell the lot for more but somehow I doubt that.

I will reserve my judgment for the 90th day after the action ended anyway. 8)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:30 pm 

That was a really good deal on those packs so maybe he didn't reply because he wanted to resell them knowing he would get higher in another round.  On the other hand, I've done numerous deals with him and never had a problem.  Go figure...
:?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:11 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:It is very strange, I even bought a miniature pack or two off this guy outside Ebay and everything went OK :?

I noticed he is now selling the mini's he stiffed me on in another auction (well some of them anyway).  He does do significant volume, I believe this may just be an issolated incident.

I am happy I got the money back but really I would prefer to have the mini packs (especially at that price).  Could be that he stiffed me in order to resell the lot for more but somehow I doubt that.

I will reserve my judgment for the 90th day after the action ended anyway. 8)

I would in light of this pop him one more mail and if no joy.... Leave that Negative.

Good luck with it though

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:32 am 

:?:
Why wouldn't you neg him?

Did he honor the deal?
Did you have to go through a wait and hassle for a 3rd party to forcibly take your money back?
Were you happy with the overall transaction?

If taking money and providing nothing in return isn't a reason for a negative, what is?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:33 am 

mordrin wrote::?:
Why wouldn't you neg him?

Did he honor the deal?
Did you have to go through a wait and hassle for a 3rd party to forcibly take your money back?
Were you happy with the overall transaction?

If taking money and providing nothing in return isn't a reason for a negative, what is?

Uhm!  Good point  :oops:

Negative coming up!!