Gen Con Programs
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:30 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote: The Venom of Set, 1053  This newly released module will be using the D&D Companion Supplement (15-36th level characters). Be ready ready for some high level excitement and fun! 6 Hours. Judge: Paul Reiche III. Experience level 6. 8 players.

This listing identical in the full 1981 program - except that the Judge is listed as Erol Otus (Reiche and Otus were friends, right?)

The two Lafoka tourneys you listed are identical. I see a third Lafoka tourney:

Devil's Spire,1021 A party of 8th to 11th level of adventurers weather encounters with a Pit Fiend, a Mage and a myriad of monsters in an attempt to send Dispater back to the plane of Dis. An AD&D adventure. 4 Hours. Judge: Len Lakofka. Saturday Noon. Experience Level 6. 10 Players.  Comm-Arts L-137.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:51 pm 

My package from NobleKnight arrived & the 12 pg "1981 Information Brochure" is the 12 pg PreReg book with the Willingham cover. Tucked inside it is a loose half-page insert titled SPI at Gen Con XIV.

I also got these:

1981 Gen Con East Schedule and Pre-Registration
Format: 10 pages on a continuous single folded sheet
Cover Artist: N/A
Interior Font: Very tiny
Notes: Gygax gave a seminar; Ward ran a Gamma World tournament. Lots of Wilmark Dynasty tournaments.

1983 Gen Con XVI Booklet (Pre-Registration)
Format: 32 pages; magazine-sized
Cover Artist: Timothy Truman
Interior Font: Similar to Dragon magazines of the time period
This seems to be a pre-registration booklet rather than the actual convention booklet (it's shorter, has pre-reg info, has only TSR ads, and looks like it was removed from inside a magazine).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:22 am 

If anyone is interested, Nobleknight has another Gen Con XV program (1982, see above) for $10:

https://www.nobleknight.com/ProductDeta ... GenreID_E_

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:59 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote in Gen Con Programs:Howdy Allan,

grodog wrote:I've been mining the GenCon programs for my tourney history details for years:  much good stuff in them zhowar.  Alas, I recycled most of mine when I gave up D&D in the mid-90s :-(

Two for you:

"The Lair of the Cloud Giant Feor, 1018  A vast castle on the island of Voleax in the Northern Spindrift Isles. Here a prince of the Cloud Giants makes his home with an assortment of nasty "pets". AD&D 7th to 11th level characters. 4 hours. Judge Len Lakofka." Experience level 6. 10 players.

The Embassy to the Pale, 1020  Adventurers of 3rd to 5th level are recruited by the Baron Ratik, who seeks to attack the Bone March. The Baron must first obtain help of the Theocracy of the Pale, and you and you comrades will carry this message to the Theocrats. 4 hours. Judge: Len Lakofka. Experience level 6. 10 players.

Hey Paul:  I just ran across this again.  Do you recall which years these were from?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:38 am 

I've only collected the stuff from the Wisconsin days.  This UK stuff must have come with some other pre-reg or on-site books I needed.

I do like the '98 badge and the cover for the '01 program is pretty cool.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:13 am 

When you start with iconic (London Bridge) and add ironic (London Bridge falling down due to axe cleavage) you get hypnotic.

What a cool cover. Thanks muaddib!

Shrink is not a condition

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 am 

I hate to be "that guy", but that isn't London Bridge.  It's Tower Bridge.  London bridge is just west of Tower Bridge.   :D

And it is a very cool cover.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:05 am 

Brian2112 wrote in Gen Con Programs:I hate to be "that guy", but that isn't London Bridge.  It's Tower Bridge.  London bridge is just west of Tower Bridge.   :D

Talk about burning bridges around here! :)

Previous