Modules With Headers
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:26 am 

One part that I have felt that the Acaeum could improve upon is its handling of the 1st edition modules with headers. The combo packs have a specific location in the website that deals with the different sets. I believe that the header versions deserve similar treatment. While not as rare as the combo packs, these modules tend to command prices that are 3 to 4 times the valuations for their more standard shrinkwrapped brethren (I4 Oasis of the White Palm for example). As usual, I am always more than happy to volunteer others for additional work, sorry Scott, but perhaps we can at least assemble the information here.

Why do I think that more attention should be given to these modules?

1. The identification as to which modules had these headers is incomplete.

2. a description of the headers is incomplete. Basic has red, advanced has beige...but what color is the one for X5 and (X4 also has a header version).

3. Some modules had the header stapled (WG4 et.al. ) while others had it glued on (L2 et.al.).

I am going to dig out my other header modules and post what I have here. The ones I have with me at the moment are (and please try to keep it to this format):

Module name / header color / staple or glued

B2 Keep on the Borderlands / Red / stapled

L2 Assassin's Knot / beige / glued

WG4 Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun / beige / stapled

If anyone has these modules and they are not as I have listed (stapled instead of glued and vice versa) then please post as such.

-PD

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:14 pm 

I agree, they are more rare than the non-header versions.  How much rarer, I don't know yet.

I've had submissions on the header modules sitting in the archives for a long time now; I haven't gotten around to them.  There's at least a dozen, and I wouldn't be surprised if almost all the mid-80s D&D and AD&D modules had an applicable header version.

As far as value goes -- some auction links on completed header-module sales would help.  And for a collective judge of the rarity of these.

Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:02 pm 

Header

A couple pictures for the modules with headers section:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:30 pm 

I got a hard time over thread necromancy of 128 months, this was 170 months!

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:06 pm 

:D A new record!! :D

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:04 pm 

Wow... PurpleDragon.  He hasn't been around in a decade.  I think we're all getting old.

Foul